Advise on equipments to bring - Bangkok

Status
Not open for further replies.

n77d

Jun 19, 2004
Hi all

I will be going to Bangkok in Apr, can you guys advise on what lens should I bring along. I will be bringing my D70 with Kits len but wondering should I bring the following lens also. Sigma 70-300, 50mm f1.8 and SB800. Also, any recommended places to shoot or not to miss?

Thanks in advance

there's the water festival in mid april :) :)

n77d said:
Hi all

I will be going to Bangkok in Apr, can you guys advise on what lens should I bring along. I will be bringing my D70 with Kits len but wondering should I bring the following lens also. Sigma 70-300, 50mm f1.8 and SB800. Also, any recommended places to shoot or not to miss?

Thanks in advance

Leave the 70-300 at home. Just bring your 50 and 18-70 enough.

All the lens are quite light. If can, bring all rather having any regrets later. ;)

I personally think 70-300 would be very much useful, if you want to shoot the events from far. Im sure you woulndt want to go too close to the subjects as they are going to be wet, and realize there is a danger of your camera getting wet, the closer you go to the subject. (Unless you have a waterproof camera casing or something.)

My advice is, bring whatever you could.
Dont get regret. If you miss the opportunity, remember, you will have to wait for one more year.

Good luck and have fun at Bangkok. In alternative, you may consider the WaterFestival of Myanmar also. It'd be cheaper and probably you could have more time to spend over there, as their celebration is longer than Thais'. In Myanmar, they usually spend much larger volume of water compared to Thais, but unfortunately, not many people know about their festival compared to Thais' basically because of the Media. You may want to make a search over the internet.

:thumbsup:

n77d said:
Hi all

Thanks in advance

yoz..

where would u be visiting ??

i am going during the Good Friday week...

i go, i come back and i tell u.. :sticktong

:)

its better to have a gun and not need it than to need a gun and not have it.

bring all u possibly can :D

Status
Not open for further replies.