Advise for 580exII replacement..

Strobist101

Mar 1, 2011
Hi Guys, just want to know if anybody using a Yongnuo YN565EX here? I'm planning to set up a 3 off camera flash.
I have 3 TT5 and 1 TT1 pocket wizard but only have 1 canon 580exII. Due to budget issue can I use the Yongnuo YN565EX for replacement:

Yongnuo YN565EX
The YN565EX can be triggered by 580EX II, 7D/60D/600D, and flashes as TTL mode as well as M/Multi mode.
To enjoy wireless TTL lighting, ratio control, as well as remote control of output level,
you may only take a camera with built-in commander mode, and the YN565EX.
- GN58@ ISO100, 105mm
- MULTIPLE TRIGGER MODE SUPPORTED
- The YN565EX covers a focal length range of auto, and 24 to 105mm, supports full-frame/half-frame camera.
- FEC, FEB, Rear-curtain sync, FE lock, Modeling Light, Canon camera menu accessable.
- 1.5 seconds charging time with Sanyo Eneloop.
- PROVIDES CHARGING SOCKET FOR EXTERNAL POWER PACK
- PC PORT PROVIDED
- Turn on the sound prompt function, different sounds indicate working situations help you focus on shooting.
- MODELING LIGHT FUNCTION
- AUTOMATIC SETTINGS SAVING
- LCD PANEL USER INTERFACE WITH METAL HOT-SHOE STAND.

Which I think half the price of the 580exII and also I'm not sure it can triggered by TT5 pocket wizard. Furthermore, I'm doubtful about the output...What do you think? appreciate your professional advise. Thanks :)

I just bought a YN 565EX recently from sgcamerastore for $200. I think there shouldn't be a prob in using your TT5 as your trigger. I tried using my aperture trigmaster and it functions well.:)

Hi jed091270 thanks for the advice. Just called SGCamerastore they told me that they are not selling YN 565EX anymore due to some technical issue.

Anyway, I'll check out other stores. :cool: