Advice on tripods

Status
Not open for further replies.

miloyolk

Sep 20, 2007
Hi Guys,

I plan to get a tripod, looking at long term view.

Currently im using Fujiflim S6500fd, and may upgrade to DSLR (foresee that i will not get those "big-gun" tele lenses) eventually

Zero-ed down to these 3 models:

- SLIK Sprint Pro 3-way
- SLIK PRO 330DX
- SLIK PRO 340DX

Any one have on-hand experiences with these 3 tripods? pls advice as i have really no idea which one to get for my case. :dunno:

any recent purchases, pls also advice on the:
- price
- place of purchase

Thanx everyone :)

all are sufficient for your use, i suppose

iirc, sprint pro 3-way is going to be significantly lighter than the later two ;)

330dx and 340dx are practically the same except 1 is 3sec and the other is 4sec. if you need more stability, the 3sec 330dx will be better, on the other hand if you wish for more mobility, go for the 340dx.

while pro 3-way is much lighter and compact than the 330/340dx, it is also much weaker when it comes to stability, a little touch on your cam and you find the whole setup vibrate a little... I used to have the sprint pro which is exactly the same as the 3-way(other than 1 being pan-head while the other is using ballhead), but ended up upgrading to the 330dx after i went to dSLR. I do have friend who upgraded to a better (heavier/more stable) tripod after they got their dSLR.
if you don mind the heavier brother, go ahead for the 330/340dx otherwise 3-way should be sufficient for now.

iirc, CP should have all of them, 3-way being around S$80 while the other 2 is about $120-135...

Thanx guys for your inputs :)

Anyways, lets say i had gotten an Equote via email from CP, will i be able to bargain down the price when i go over to get the tripod?

Or will they die die stick to the quoted price? Anyone with experiences with CP able to advice?

heheh trying to get the best price avail..

Anyways, lets say i had gotten an Equote via email from CP, will i be able to bargain down the price when i go over to get the tripod?

Or will they die die stick to the quoted price? Anyone with experiences with CP able to advice?

you can try getting a equote, but personally i think it is pretty safe to go down directly and get a quote. if its higher, probably just bargain a little and it should come down reasonable... i gt my 330dx at $120, iirc... but that was more than 1.5yrs ago... even before the 7% gst... etc

you can get a equote as a reference. don't show your equote when you go the shop. get another quote from the sales rep. if it's higher try bargaining down and be cordial. try to build a relationship for future purchases.

if all else fails, pull out the equote if the price is considerably lower.

Hi Guys,

great suggestions, will do just that :)

To Explorerz,

the equote i got for 330DX from CP was 130 w/o gst :( , and i suppose its w/o tripod bag or strap too...

anyways most prob will be getting 330 or 340... thanks for your suggestions :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.