Advice on taking friend's ROM photos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ha Ha,this is the 1st time i've seen someone use such a big bounce card.almost freak me out.wow that guy muz have a lot of batts.how you bounce at the ROM will depend on the distance you are from the subject.if you are close,juz bounce all the way up. varies the angle if they are not so close. better get a flash that can swivel as well.so when you are shooting the vertical cropping you can still bounce. my usual way is to compensate the exposure by half & the flash by half.

Originally posted by Goldmember
buay ta han, can't stop laughing at it. looks like an idiot (oops)with a bounce board

Metz sold an bounce card accessory once, large and makes you look like an idiot too. I found marginal improvement in results. The surface was too smooth with little light scattering effect. On the other hand, the guy in the picture could be using material with better light scattering characteristics, and the bigger the area the better. Besides he is taking flowers and just being experimental. Clubsnap should not be a forum where such people are being sneered at.

Most couple will take some outdoor photos at the Fort canning Park after the ROM ceremony. Do look up some books on wedding photography at the National Library. This will give u some ideas on the posing technique, should they request their photo to be taken there. Hope this helps.:D

Thanx alot .
Very much enlightened.

Cheers
Ericana

maybe on top everything else, you need to be sharp and alert .. to be more sensitive to your environments.... and takes these factors in mind to innovate a wonderful pictures ...

so naturally, each of us takes differently coz each of us has a style defined and built from the basic ... all in all, exploit your creativity as well as you compose a pictures .. try different angles, move your legs, squat or etc to view it differently, everything thr the view finder and exploit the concepts of weights etc ... underlying to capture the mood and expression ...

Superia 800 or push the NPH 1 stop and rate it at ISO 640 will be better than 400 films.
The extra grain and higher contrast is better than blur/out-of-focus/underexposed/dark-backgound pictures.
The Fuji Superia X-tra though being consumer films with higher contrast but the extra 4-th layer helps to get better colour in complex lighting condition, and it save you some $$$ too.

Status
Not open for further replies.