Advice on Canon A95 compact

Status
Not open for further replies.

greenarrow2k4

Nov 1, 2004
Northern Singapore
Newbie needs advice ...

When zooming, I can hear clicking sound coming from the len. Is this normal?
Possible to have this combo (ring adaptor + wide angle + uv filter) on my A95?

i think its normal to hear some mechanical parts moving while u doing optical zoom. i also have A95 and there is sure some little noise when u zoom.

btw i am also intending to get an Filter Adapter + Macro Filter and UV Filter for my A95. any one knows wats the price for them? where are they sold? any recommendation?

my friend told me to us the Adapter + UV Filter to protect my camera lens, is that true?

whats the point of getting UV filter on A95 ???
UV have no effect on digital
and normally ppl use it to protect their lens .... for A95 i dun think you need a UV filter to protect the lens ....

The A95 should not 'click' when it zooms. But there should be some mechanical whining noise which is normal.

Yups. UV got no effect on digital cams. But having a cheap filter on is still good to protect the lens. The 2 pieces of flimsy plastic doesn't do much to protect the lens or keep dust out. However, with the lens tube on, it defeats the purpose of having a compact camera. Then again, it doesn't mean that an A95 is not worth protecting. A lens can always get scratched or smeared with fingerprints and to me, all lens are worth protecting.

yanyewkay said:
Then again, it doesn't mean that an A95 is not worth protecting. A lens can always get scratched or smeared with fingerprints and to me, all lens are worth protecting.

ya loh. A95 is the first digi cam i got for myself should do abit protection lah. maybe i get the adapter and UV and a MACRO filter ... =) how much ah? shouldn't hurt my wallet ba?

UV and Marco +4 should be less then $20 each
adaptor is around $35

i think getting a UV for A95 is useless because
1. UV no effect on digital
2. The lens will zoom back to the camera body once you switch it off, mean you dun need to protect it when it is off, when it is on then you need to put the adaptor in i feel very troublesome and when you put in the adaptor mean you cant use the flash .... unless you make a bounce card ...
3. even when it is on then lens surface is so small and it can be hardly scratch

just my point of view :think:

Status
Not open for further replies.