Advice on buying Cannon 60D in JB

klim66

Dec 2, 2010
Hi All, I am a newbie and very interested in Cannon 60D. I have done some searched and found that JB is selling at a much cheaper price (after the exchange rate conversion), it is cheaper by almost S$100 than Singapore plus having 1 + 2 (extented) Yrs of Warranty from Cannon (the extended 2 yrs must registered in Cannon Web Site according to them).

Do you think it is worth a shot? Any implication that i must take note of? Note: Warranty is only in JB Cannon.

Appreciate if you can give me some advice.

Between, the price difference from Cannon 60D and Nikon D7000 is only RM$500. Should i go for Nikon instead since the DPreview that D7000 are much better than 60D.

So hard to choose...sighhhh......:confused:

if you have time to go JB to buy, i think it's worth it.. as for 60D and d7000, you might want to justify if you need the feature in D7000 which cost you RM500 more.. should prioritize the need from the price..

This model also can consider.....

cannon.jpg

Just kidding.....

Do a search and you can see lotsa comments about the 2 models.

Coming from a CaNon 60D user. Its a good cam!

I thought most msians buy electronic stuff from Singapore. Plus u may be tax at customs. DUn think the $100 is worth it.

Imagine some issue and you need to bring to Jb instead of Harbourfront.

S$100 savings is not worth to get the trouble buying at JB. But if it's S$300+ savings, then it will be worth.

i agree what mk4000 mention,really not worth if u really want to buy ur own gear at msia,but u stay at sg.
IF the such problem u will face below;

1.IF ur Cam really got some problem u cant settle,the Canon SC at JB u really know the location??
2.IF aft u bought u Cam u just realize not the original set.How??

i agree what mk4000 mention,really not worth if u really want to buy ur own gear at msia,but u stay at sg.
IF the such problem u will face below;

1.IF ur Cam really got some problem u cant settle,the Canon SC at JB u really know the location??
2.IF aft u bought u Cam u just realize not the original set.How??

I will like to contribute a little to these 2 questions:

1. Service center is at Tamnn Molek, exact address as follows:

Canon Marketing (M) Sdn Bhd
No 38, 38A & 38B,
Jalan Molek 2/2,
Taman Molek
81100 Johor Bahru
Johor

if you drive into JB in the afternoon, it will take you less than 15 mins (off peak timing) to reach. Those staying in the north, it is probably nearer to you than the CSC is to you in Harbourfront.

2. All local Malaysia set comes with a red colour Canon Malaysia warranty. If you buy one without, then it is probably a grey set. It should be priced much cheaper.

Lastly, if you are pondering to get from Malaysia, must get is ASAP, as the 1+2 years warranty is ending this month. That alone, is a reason for most people who cross the crossway to buy, coupled with the much cheaper price too.

As for the "tax at custom" issue, this one still must teach you what to do meh :think:

2 models.

Coming from a CaNon 60D user. Its a good cam!

I thought most msians buy electronic stuff from Singapore. Plus u may be tax at customs. DUn think the $100 is worth it.

Imagine some issue and you need to bring to Jb instead of Harbourfront.

Camera bodies are generally much cheaper in Malaysia as compared to SG because there is no tax on camera bodies in Malaysia. Lenses will be more expensive.

I just brought 2 60D body at RM3141 each at Jusco Tebrau City .
If you bring cash it will be cheaper .

I have drove pass the service center already ,it is very near Carrefour and tesco , it is about 15Km from Johor customs . It is very easy to find .

If calculate the 3 year warranty ,total savings is near $300sgd .

The promotion will end 1 Jan 2011.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info. I actually got the price list from Jusco Tebrau City because of their PC Show fair, they are having the promotion. This shop has been there since many years back at the 3rd floor where the cinema is.

Yes, there will be another RM$100 discount if it is in cash.

They told me the 1 + 2 yrs warranty is from Cannon JB itself. Hence not from the shop.

There are people in the forum whom buying from HK, which is much further.;p

u can go to LEISURE mall level 2 FOTO CLS .their service is good .but if u buy in Malaysia ,yr cam got problem ,u can bring to canon SC at taman molek .is worth to buy in MY .

If the JB service center is not far away, I would say the 1+2 years warranty is quite attractive.

Bear this in mind, how often your camera "break down"?

Thanks for the info. I actually got the price list from Jusco Tebrau City because of their PC Show fair, they are having the promotion. This shop has been there since many years back at the 3rd floor where the cinema is.

Yes, there will be another RM$100 discount if it is in cash.

They told me the 1 + 2 yrs warranty is from Cannon JB itself. Hence not from the shop.

There are people in the forum whom buying from HK, which is much further.;p

Maybe is time for you to stop the CANNON & go for CANON :)

How reliable is the Canon service center in JB? Don't forget, you are in foreign land. If there are problems after the repair you are unsatisfied about, who can you complain to?

Not happy, bang table, next time you know the msian cops bring you back for teh tarik.:confused:

$100 not worth it lor.

Hi All, I am a newbie and very interested in Cannon 60D. I have done some searched and found that JB is selling at a much cheaper price (after the exchange rate conversion), it is cheaper by almost S$100 than Singapore plus having 1 + 2 (extented) Yrs of Warranty from Cannon (the extended 2 yrs must registered in Cannon Web Site according to them).

Do you think it is worth a shot? Any implication that i must take note of? Note: Warranty is only in JB Cannon.

Appreciate if you can give me some advice.

Between, the price difference from Cannon 60D and Nikon D7000 is only RM$500. Should i go for Nikon instead since the DPreview that D7000 are much better than 60D.

So hard to choose...sighhhh......:confused:

If I am you.. I will buy the nikon and in SGP..