Adventures of Lacus Clyne in Starbucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shiro MS08th

Aug 13, 2004
Singapore
Beginner here, was using super macro mode.
Pics only resize and do auto color.
The overall color is yellowish, think most probably is the starbucks' lighting + vivid color mode that I was trying out yesterday.
Comments and criticism welcomed.
Thanks.
---

2.jpg

Lacus Clyne looking at the Apple computer.

1.jpg

Oh! That's the owner of the laptop.

3.jpg

--EDIT--
Did remove most of the yellow, comparing which would be better.
pi1b.jpg

Looking down at the keyboard of the awesome Apple powered laptop.

4.jpg

Looking at the empty ice blended coffees.

Hmm... too much shadows on model's face due to her hair, perhaps can use a reflector?

Hee.. Ok, jokes aside, I personally isn't against natural warm colours from tungstun light sources, but think it's like a little too orange liao... Maybe you ought to adjust the colours a little...

266Shiro_MS08th-demo01.jpg

Sorry... couldn't resist, was bored at home...

OT: 12 inch iBook????

Yeah the color was too yellow or orange, but kinda lazy to change it first, was waiting for comments to see the replies will be, so putting on the almost unedited pics up.

LOL, never brought any reflector or sorts, going to starbucks with friends to slack and talk around, it was I who get bored, so brought out camera and play around.

Izzit the vivid color mode that make it more yellow/orange when the lightings are already is?
95% of the time I used natural color, so tried playing with vivid for once.

Dunno for the iBook thingy, not mine.
But for the keyboard pic, I like it the way it is, yellow light thingy.

Oh, my dear Lacus Clyne, what have you done to her? :(

To be honest, the only picture I thought is decent is the first shot. I just don't 'get' the others.

Most probably my skills just suck.

But I was trying to make it like it those story kinda pictures adventure, using the perception of Lacus Clyne to view.

Shiro MS08th said:
Yeah the color was too yellow or orange, but kinda lazy to change it first, was waiting for comments to see the replies will be, so putting on the almost unedited pics up.

LOL, never brought any reflector or sorts, going to starbucks with friends to slack and talk around, it was I who get bored, so brought out camera and play around.

Izzit the vivid color mode that make it more yellow/orange when the lightings are already is?
95% of the time I used natural color, so tried playing with vivid for once.

Dunno for the iBook thingy, not mine.
But for the keyboard pic, I like it the way it is, yellow light thingy.

The Vivid colour mode mainly pumps up saturation. I guess this is one particular reason it looks more yellow if compared to images taken using natural colour 'mode'.

Another things is that our brain has it's own 'auto wb', thus images we see are not as greatly affected by colour temperature/tint when compared to camera images.

And for auto wb mode of camera, i dunnoe how it really works, but generally they are not sufficient to correct extremes of colour cast.

But personally, I usually skip using other WB presets on the camera and just adjust the colours manually on the computer later as the presets are WB values set by the manufacturer, and may over compensate or under compensate, i.e. still result in colour cast.

=)

(p/s: If you are used to shooting negatives, you may wonder why you don't see so much colour cast in your prints, this is becos the operator and the developing system will do adjustment before printing)

Flare: Never ever really used 35mm camera, only when I was a child in primary school, mom always let me play the 35mm when going out or overseas, so yeah, other those time, never handled with negatives.
Been playing with digital since 1/2 year back.
What's your meaning as adjust colors manually on computer lasers?
Don't understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.