accessories for CP5000

Status
Not open for further replies.

doinkydoink

Feb 4, 2002
Visit site
HI all, I am a newbie and bought CP5000 recently..great camera and lots of features..

Am wondering should I buy the accessories below? where? how much?

thinking of getting a spare battery as battery do run out quite fast. :(

lens hood?

128 mb CF? which brand?

Do shop sells UV filters for this camera? want to protect the lens leh..

What else should I consider too? microdrive instead of CF?

THanks in advance!!

another fellow owner

1. Get a 256mb CF card. No pt get microdrive. If need more storage, get a storage bank instead. You can use it for travelling overseas.

2. Wait for battery grip. It enables u to use 6 AA batteries instead of its expensive proprietery EN-EL1

3. The rest, lets call upon YSLee to answer.

YS, over to you!

Nothing much. Just go take pictures first then see what you lack.

Personally I feel that a tripod is a good investment... And a polarizer. and then maybe some NDs when you find out that you need a longer exposure and your aperture wouldn't go anywhere lower (If you take long exposures in the day)

Hmm.. not much of an answers around. Let me try again :p

You asked about:-

1. Spare Batt
If you dun intend to get the battery grip, this is a definitely must. 2 more spare batts recommended as one will last 2h. So 3 will give you 6h. Barely enuff for a full day tour program.

2. CF Card
Go for 256mb CF. And get external storage for extended tours. At high res pics, 256mb gives about 105 pics. That should be able to tahan a full day tour program. External storage is a cheaper option to getting a few CF cards. Also, I nvr use TIFF format coz it takes 40+ secs just to take one picture.

Dun recommend microdrive as its taxing on the batteries and its more 'unsafe'.

3. Lens hood
So far, I dun find it necessary. No flares yet on all my pics. This can be due to the fact that the lens is small and in itself, its indented. Also, once you get the thread adapter, its even more unnecessary. Think the adapters are the ER-U5 and ER-U6 (or something like tht, didn't bother to find out the proper code)

4. Filters
Yes, filters are easily available. But you need an adapter first. Get UV to protect the lens. Polariser is probably the 2nd most useful filter. And you might want a Neutral Density (ND) filter, get at least 3-stop types (ie ND8). One ND will do fine.

Another thing for photography, which I dun consider as accessory, is the tripod. For cheap tripod, I notice most people end up getting the SLIK U8000 (or 8800?).

Originally posted by Shadus

1. Spare Batt
If you dun intend to get the battery grip, this is a definitely must. 2 more spare batts recommended as one will last 2h. So 3 will give you 6h. Barely enuff for a full day tour program.

2. CF Card
Go for 256mb CF. And get external storage for extended tours. At high res pics, 256mb gives about 105 pics. That should be able to tahan a full day tour program. External storage is a cheaper option to getting a few CF cards. Also, I nvr use TIFF format coz it takes 40+ secs just to take one picture.

3. Lens hood
So far, I dun find it necessary. No flares yet on all my pics. This can be due to the fact that the lens is small and in itself, its indented. Also, once you get the thread adapter, its even more unnecessary. Think the adapters are the ER-U5 and ER-U6 (or something like tht, didn't bother to find out the proper code)

4. Filters
Yes, filters are easily available. But you need an adapter first. Get UV to protect the lens. Polariser is probably the 2nd most useful filter. And you might want a Neutral Density (ND) filter, get at least 3-stop types (ie ND8). One ND will do fine.

Another thing for photography, which I dun consider as accessory, is the tripod. For cheap tripod, I notice most people end up getting the SLIK U8000 (or 8800?).

Thanks for the recommendations..will probably pick up the filters, spare batt and a CF...

what size should I use for a 5R photos?

fine + 3:2? or fine + UXGA?

Originally posted by Shadus

2. CF Card

shadus,

which CF do u recommend?? and wats the usual price for a CF?

what external storage are you refering?? and where can i get it

wah, it's not that cheap at all :gbounce: :gbounce:

Status
Not open for further replies.