About Wedding Photographers Association (Singapore)

This is the final count down in 7 days time we go live with the event. We are doing a special offer to make it "more affordable" to attend the full event - tickets for dinner now at $65.

Here's a peek at the poster

Inserting did not work as planned go to the link

gallery
http://gallery.clubsnap.com/showphoto.php/photo/144728/ppuser/309http://gallery.clubsnap.com/showfull.php?photo=144905

During the dinner section we will be hearing what our President Matthew Tan did to grow himself into award winning photographer that he is today. Also our version 2 website will be unveiled. Not to forget the goodies in the handbook being giving away only to the people attending the dinner - we have articles on how to go about producing a "WoW print", suppliers of various photo related services, locations for preweddings .... Last but not the least.... the luck draw prize - an Elinchrome studio flash set.

Not to forget we have on display large prints from some of our members. Cathay, Album Stories, Glory Workz, Brilliant Prints and Just1book will be show casing their products at booths in the reception area from 1700 to 2000.

See you there ;)

Last edited:
El, it may be more effective to post the event in "Gatherings and Outings" or "Exhibitions and Events", as some do not see this Sticky in Photo Biz. It should be stated that it is FREE :thumbsup: (dinner not inclusive:bsmilie:) and opened to all interested in Wedding Photography.

1)
2)
3)

Beeeeeep !!!!! Final call !!!!!

We are closing dinner ticket sales by 2pm Thu. For any last minute wanna go people - go to

just1book Pte Ltd

Dhoby Ghaut MRT Station
11 Orchard Road,
B1-48, DhobyX
Singapore 238826
Tel: 6746 8765

register with Winson pay him the $65 in cash and give your name, company name (if have one), hp number and email.

C U there *-)

Sorry, dun think i'll be going for this one. :) maybe next time.

wpas-poster1.jpg

Those who not coming for dinner should come for the above free talk, especially the studio lighting demonstration by Eng Howe, a veteran in wedding field.

Hi for all those who came down either to the talks and exhibition and the dinner - thank you for your time. I hope the trip was enjoyable.

For those who were not there - that's sad 'cos from what I hear it was gooood. Had to miss that night myself - it was a case of be there (elsewhere) or be dead. Here's the next best thing I can do - the wirte up of the event with pictures !!!

Follow the link to see what happended that night.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=113830&id=604836818&l=28f3cc3b1e

Any new events coming up???

ToshiW glad you asked we are in planning for another event for Nov stay tuned for more info. For more info about us you could go to www.wpas.org.sg

Updates !!!!!

25 Nov - we will be running full day seminar on various hot aspects of the wedding photography market. Topics will be announced shortly. To make this as a sharing session we are limiting to around 30 to 50 persons.

Nov - Certification exercise
Members who have not undergone the Certification process - good news - we are running a Certification in Nov. Details what,how when contact WPAS at www.wpas.org.sg

24th Jan 2010 - Her World Bride's Road Show.
WPAS is going in as the only wedding photographic participant. A group of our Certified Photographers will be in the show. We are still open to more Certified members who want to join in this road show. Contact us for details.

Last edited:
Okay it finalised !!!!!

WPAS is organizing a half day seminar focusing on the how, why and what in the business of Overseas Weddings. We have well known wedding photographers - William Chua and Hilarion Goh to speak to us about their approach on how to do they do theirs. Date 25th Nov 2009 11am to 6pm.

Skye Tan and Ryan Wong, both FMPA's will be discussing and showing examples of how well placed lighting can result in images that stand out. Learn how you can add this to your own images.

Details in attached poster. Email your enquires to enquiry@wpas.org.sg

Certification exercise for members only same day and place from 5pm to 6pm

[url=http://gallery.clubsnap.com/showphoto.php/photo/149158][/URL]

Last edited:
Is the 200 fees inclusive of membership?

Hi.

I wish to know more about WPAS and have the following inquiries.

How many certified members are there in WPAS?
Are there different memberships for certified and non-certified members?
Other than to 10 members on the website, is there a list of other certified members I can find on the WPAS website? Or is there no more other members

Thank you

Hi.

Other than to 10 members on the website, is there a list of other certified members I can find on the WPAS website? Or is there no more other members

Thank you

Yes! is also my question

it was formed since in January 2008 till now, I doubt how many members are there in WPAS

:embrass:

Chris,

The $200 price is for non members. Membership is $170 (annual fee $120 plus enterence fee $50) Certification exercise is $50. Incidentally this is first in a series of seminars planned, the price for members will always be different from non members.

Hi.

Thank you

Lumiere,

Certification was only introduced around 2nd quarter this year after the new president Matthew Tan & new committee took over the affairs of WPAS. The first round of members to undergo this were the committee. We have had few mini runs and are will be doing a major Certification exercise on 25th Nov to have as many members as possible come forward to become Certified when they clear the process.

There are currently more than 10 Certified members currently, those not shown in the web site are either in the update stage or have still yet to return us their filled up page layout for the web site. Over the last 2 months we welcomed 6 new members; about half of them have become Certified. We have a pool of members who have yet to submit for Certification so what you see on the website is only part of our total number.

WPAS is a on going work in progress, if our approach is benefits the members, address their advancement as working professionals our numbers will grow and are growing which shows our direction is one that works. We will start doing public awareness work from Jan 2010 onwards at the Her World Road Show.

As a member photographer, there is only 1 tier, our associates are non photographers who can be individuals or company in the wedding industry. As an benefit for being Certified, only Certified members will be shown in the Photographer listing.

I trust this explains the situation to you. If there are other areas that need clarification feel free to ask.

Last edited:
It is AGM time again. :cool:
Natural History Museum
23rd April 2010
11am to 5pm.

Free to members
Non members : $28 for earlier birds, $45 at site(door) if there is still seats available.
Limited seats available.
Details on bookings and a peek at one of the pictures for the exhibition go to

www.wpas.org.sg/special%20invitation.pdf

Special highlights -

A print exhibitions of overseas pre wedding photos by Matthew Tan (President) shot on the Sony DSLR. 20 x 30 inch prints so that you can really appreciate the artisty and view the techincal quality of that the Sony system give you.

Second print exhibition from a team of wedding photographers who shot a destination pre wedding in Viet Nam, as a test run for the upcomming overseas wedding shoot workshop we will be conducting around Sept. Team comprising of Hilarion Goh (team leader), Matthew Tan (President WPAS), Albert Chua (Founding memeber WPAS) and Dennis Ng.

Every photographer complains "Money not enough".Well the WPAS heard you !!
To help you earn more come listen to a nearly 3 hour talk on the experiences that allows overseas award winning wedding photographer Jim Liaw, FMPA (UK) MBA to "Earn More while shooting less". The distilled essence of 16 years of working through what works and does not work. This force together with side by side growth in image excellence has propelled his company for a 2 man team to a 9 man team in a couple of years. A great opportunity for free lancers and professionals benifit from this sharing of what works from some one who is walking the talk. Learn about branding for a businessowner's perspective and not from a consultant's.

More goodies for the 23rd April.

The local MPA chapter has agreed to have James Tan FMPA, a DI expert and photographer to speak on Guy Gowan's workflow that was introduced during the MPA organized 2 day GUY GOWAN workshop earlier this month.

For those who missed that, this is the chance to hear about it from some one who attended that workshop.

Early bird price $28 On day at door $45 if there is still space. Limited seating capacity.
Book at enquiry@wpas.org.sg

It the same time last year in August 2010 that BALI WORKSHOP 2011 was organized... A event that has proven sucessful & viable for up & coming photographers who needs a head start.

Again, this year Albert of Everafterpictures will be heading the project.
More details will be emailed to any interested parties if keen.

Please direct your enquires to:

albert@everafterpictures.com OR

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001644212295

It's your lost if you miss this event ... Choice Is Yours ...
http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/images/cs/smilies/thumbsup.gif

UPDATE:

WPAS BALI WORKSHOP DATELINE EXTENDED TILL 30 JUNE 2011

Pls contact Albert @ 91452101 if keen to attend

WPAS 3rd Social Nite

Date: 060911
Time: 3.00pm to 10.00pm.

Speakers: Keda, Patrick Low, Hilarion Goh and William Ng.

Members: $20.
Non-members: $50.

Dinner included.

Do not miss this chance to meet the high profiles photographers here in Singapore.

WPASSocialNitePTA.jpg

WPASSocialNitePTB.jpg

Last edited: