About color contact lens, models... can u don't wear them please?

candyyam

Aug 19, 2010
Singapore
Hi all, would like to hear from you guys about what you guys think about those color contact lens, black, brown, blue etc...
yes them make your eyes looks bigger but they look fake! I am very sad to find that most models in the photoshoot wear them (but not the professional models). I hope to see if this is just me, or what's your comments so the girls, the organizers too, can give it a second thought

:heart:

Hi Candy,

I'm also not in favor of color contact lenses. I think we should tell the organizers our preferences on this matter.
But some photog join organized shoot just to have fun and kill time so they don't really care ;p

A lot of photog still have a heart want to get good pictures lah. Going to organized shot to get inspiration and meet new models... etc
If they don't care of course doesn't matter.

I think it's still quite key to keep the natural beauty of the girls, and they are young and the contact lens will destroy her beauty.

Hi Candy,

I'm also not in favor of color contact lenses. I think we should tell the organizers our preferences on this matter.
But some photog join organized shoot just to have fun and kill time so they don't really care ;p

The late Elizabeth Taylor had natural violet eyes.
Some Colombian, Turkish beauties have natural green eyes.
Steve McCurry's photo of an Afghan girl made the cover of the June 1985 issue of National Geographic Magazine. She had sea-green eyes.

Yea nice :)
show us the natural colors

The late Elizabeth Taylor had natural violet eyes.
Some Colombian, Turkish beauties have natural green eyes.
Steve McCurry's photo of an Afghan girl made the cover of the June 1985 issue of National Geographic Magazine. She had sea-green eyes.

if you hire a professional model, they will do whatever you told them to put on or take out.

if you join the model shoots, most guys think the models is cute with the gigantic fake eyelashes and rainbow color contact lens, I guess you have to suck it up.

catchlights said:
if you hire a professional model, they will do whatever you told them to put on or take out.

if you join the model shoots, most guys think the models is cute with the gigantic fake eyelashes and rainbow color contact lens, I guess you have to suck it up.

Haha I like yr wording gigantic eyelash and rainbow color lens!

Yea fair point with some models are cute.... Kawaii feel! But not really majority of the girls are all suitable to this style, i feel pity when i see the girls who dont enjoy herself looks like such look but follow the so call norm, and thats sad. They are young and should show their own character. And the girls have to think whats the output want to be shown lah. I am not so sure Now if still such fans for this look anymore, that's why I am asking, or maybe nobody just don't want to voice it out. I have been still trying to do good works in between some of these shots, and i hope this is a suggestion.

Girls could style as what her look best, not necessary in whatsoever ways as long as you have a heart to style yourself, photos will show it.

I don't agree that if I hire a model they will do what I want, of course will then be just whether they rather lose the next job or not.
I have met models that insist doesn't smile too.

Let's have the organizer and girls give it a thought, different group of demand need different styles, different market!!

Ok I will shut up from here.

Last edited:
I don't think organisers give much direction other than provide theme & outfit.

Surely you can request for a 'natural' shoot? Maybe not the upcoming shoot but a future one.

Anyway, I will not patron these shoots... seriously... even if FOC I also dunno what I plan to accomplish there. I rather set my own theme & pay a real model for 1-on-1 time.

Perhaps this is indication for TS to start growing out of these xmm shoots?

Girls could style as what her look best, not necessary in whatsoever ways as long as you have a heart to style yourself, photos will show it.
While I do agree with some of your points, a professional model is kind of like an actor - you act or pose or make up in such a way to aid in producing the effect the photo is meant to show, and it may not always be showing off your own character. If a photographer, is say, going for a cheerful shot, it wouldn't help to say "I'm only going to show my smug face coz that's who I am". For certain types of shoots, like those meant for the portfolio of the model, it may not be practical to just stick to your own pose/make up. Models should be flexible and open to ideas. There are some things they can reject and choose not to do, but if you say that "I only wish to do this pose, only this make up etc", then there is nothing much you can do as a model.

If, say, you model for a blogshop, are you going to say that you only like one dress and will only model for that one? Just something to think about.

My position on this subject is very clear.

No color or iris enlarging contact, unless it is an integral part of the styling. Since I will not agree on such styling, it is a mute point.

Do I have to go into why I HATE them so much?

My position on this subject is very clear.

No color or iris enlarging contact, unless it is an integral part of the styling. Since I will not agree on such styling, it is a mute point.

Do I have to go into why I HATE them so much?

This no good? :bsmilie:

wide-eye-anime-contacts.jpg

The above, CMI.

the professional models are usually the angmohs
and why do they need color contacts

anyway colors are still fine with me but those with dragon balls patterns are no no to me

the 'models' are everywhere on facebook
u can always pm, discuss and pay them straight and have the final say in the art direction of the shoot
then shoot with a few kakis

but the funny thing is
the professional models actually charges 1/3 lower than the 'xmms'
so u go figure out about this ... :)

Actually I don't consider most of the xmm in CS shoots as models. I see them more as photo talent as one of the pgs I met said. Most of them are not professional enough, bar a few whom are mostly foreigners.
These photo talents are usually not professional enough.
Party until very late the night before and come either late or not prepared or looking like listless, doesn't really take care of their 'assets'. They failed to understand why and what they are hired for or they just simply doesn't care.
Most also do not know how to pose but merely going through motions or waiting for directions from the pgs.

And most of the CS shoots organizers also not that professional. They basically arrange, collect money and that is it. Most of them do not care if pgs get their shot or not.

So I only join CS shoots for practise and not some serious shooting. Most of the time, just to meet other pgs like a social gathering or the identify which photo talents are real models.

Of course, not all of the photo talents and shoot organizers are this bad. I know of some who have very good attitude and I have not no qualms in getting them for real future assignments.

So Candy, if you want to have much say in directing the models down to what you expect them to wear or project in order to get your image, I am afraid you generally can't join CS shoots but find those good ones and hire them privately or organize among a few trusted pgs (not more than 5) for shoot and state your expectations clearly to the models you hire.

Thanks, agree with deadpoet
and also yea don't like those pattern on the lens...

Shelomoh, thanks. I just think no need to wear those freaky contact lens, that's it. Rest... I am relax and group shots are good for some inspiration or try to see if there are good girls to work with.

Yea some of them failed to know why they are hired... maybe they think they wear as little as they can and wear gigantic eyelashes + color lens that's how they get the job... I think this not necessary has to be the case.

I actually quite happy when I get good shots in group shots... it's like an reward as it's not easy and it's very relaxing while it goes. Serious work is another thing :)

Last edited:
Hi all, would like to hear from you guys about what you guys think about those color contact lens, black, brown, blue etc...
yes them make your eyes looks bigger but they look fake! I am very sad to find that most models in the photoshoot wear them (but not the professional models). I hope to see if this is just me, or what's your comments so the girls, the organizers too, can give it a second thought

:heart:

Contact lenses are not implants, they can be taken out?