About color contact lens, models... can u don't wear them please?

if coloured contact lens are a no-no, what about coloured hair?

colored hair is not as bad as contact lens... unless the hair color is really off and doesn't suits the model. for example, green, pink, blue colored hair. the usual red, ash brown, blonde still not that bad i find.

to me, a good portrait, the subject eye's is the key. the soul to the photograph. so colored contact lens just kills the photo.

Last edited:
Actually I don't consider most of the xmm in CS shoots as models. I see them more as photo talent as one of the pgs I met said. Most of them are not professional enough, bar a few whom are mostly foreigners.
These photo talents are usually not professional enough.
Party until very late the night before and come either late or not prepared or looking like listless, doesn't really take care of their 'assets'. They failed to understand why and what they are hired for or they just simply doesn't care.
Most also do not know how to pose but merely going through motions or waiting for directions from the pgs.

And most of the CS shoots organizers also not that professional. They basically arrange, collect money and that is it. Most of them do not care if pgs get their shot or not.

So I only join CS shoots for practise and not some serious shooting. Most of the time, just to meet other pgs like a social gathering or the identify which photo talents are real models.

Of course, not all of the photo talents and shoot organizers are this bad. I know of some who have very good attitude and I have not no qualms in getting them for real future assignments.

So Candy, if you want to have much say in directing the models down to what you expect them to wear or project in order to get your image, I am afraid you generally can't join CS shoots but find those good ones and hire them privately or organize among a few trusted pgs (not more than 5) for shoot and state your expectations clearly to the models you hire.

True for most points but the responsbility of these un-professional organizers are far greater than layman believe.

He/she spends an entire week receiving smses, bumping threads, reminding moller, talking to PGs on the phone with many questions (happens really), sending reminder/payment smses before shoot.

On the shoot day itself usually must wake up earlier to check whether moller is alive or already clubbed to death, feigning sick, or have family problem cannot go out of house. Sometimes they don't tell you so better have back-up or spending a long time calling every single moller he/she can think of. And the classic is if the organiser is female, she'll end up as the replacement moller in the shoot.

During the shoot have to look after bags, swap mollers, mediate problems such as tiko pgs who do appear sometimes. Sometimes PG pisses moller off by saying something insulting (like calling her ah-lian)... and princessy behaviour start to surface. Some scared of sun, scared of dog, scared of cat or scared of BO.

Photographers put too much light block people need to mediate... photographers who like to use fish-eye lenses to irritate the guy who blocked him... end up blocking the other 4 together... also need to mediate.

Sometimes group gets lost in a ulu location, run around to find them since they don't pick up the phone.

No passion can't be organiser anymore nowsadays... no longer a "basically arrange, collect money and that is it" part-time job... it's PURE PASSION lol!

Hi Candy, it's a fashionable thing to wear for young talents/girls & they probably didn't know that some photographers prefer au-naturale.

It'll be tough in normal group shoots unless you can convince fellow shooters, organiser & model to do it. Let's try it next time while the model changes :)

To me, the coloured lenses rob the soul of the eyes although some do add enhancements & also depends on the theme of the shoot.