Abandoned/Secluded/Deserted Photo Spots?

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

vince123123

At last count, some of the more established abandoned/deserted sites are now either no longer abandoned, rebuilt, guards installed etc.

Does anyone have any updated information on still existing abandoned/deserted areas? Any help or input would be appreciated.

the ones i know of and can remember right now:
1) istana woodneuk - seems guarded somewhat
2) the broken down building nearby istana woodneuk, always guarded more vigilantly i think, never tried
3) tang dynasty - not sure
4) old changi hospital - def guarded with cctv
5) mathilda house fenced up

you talking about interior, or exterior also can

Both also can :p Buildings are nice. If not, places like the fabled Punggol area (which I sitll have no idea how to navigate around) also can.

Both also can :p Buildings are nice. If not, places like the fabled Punggol area (which I sitll have no idea how to navigate around) also can.

mathilda house is always easily accessible then

not sure where you could park, if you drive

but by mrt, it is by far the easiest place to go in punggol by public transport.. right smack next to punggol mrt only trouble is looking for ways to exclude the fence.. have not been there after it was supposed to have been re-fenced.. so not sure how it is

Hmm I heard that Mat House is now inaccessible anymore...ie cant go inside liaoz...

Just wondering, have you ever entered Tang Dynasty b4? Seems like only thing left there is a carpark for heavy vehicles. Not sure how to go in.

Hmm I heard that Mat House is now inaccessible anymore...ie cant go inside liaoz...

Just wondering, have you ever entered Tang Dynasty b4? Seems like only thing left there is a carpark for heavy vehicles. Not sure how to go in.
yes, that's what i heard too..

it's a pity, i would like to have gone into istana woodneuk once more, only got to go there once or twice i think.

nope, not yet.. i think also not supposed to

also heard the mosquitoes there are killers, so don't really like.. anyways i do remember the mods do not really allow discussion about that particular place, so do search, and then pm relevant members.. i think we all can understand their reasons for doing so, as it is private property :)

Hmm well we can always talk about other more accessible places hehe :p Any more input would be appreciated.

Btw, u went to the Punggol thread there's this map with numbered places. I tried to go to places 1-4 and didn't manage to....u've been there b4?

thanks to selamat, these places are now heavily monitored .....:think:

Personally, I've more or less given up on urban exploration (urbex).

All of the historical landmarks that have been bought over by private entities are extremely photographer unfriendly.

Hmmm in that case, lets confine the discussion to places which are not closed to public access, or other outdoor areas.

Hmmm in that case, lets confine the discussion to places which are not closed to public access, or other outdoor areas.
haha, but yr title is: more established abandoned/secluded/deserted sites :dunno:
probably all these places are closed to public access now .....

just to enlighten on why these places are visitors unfriendly ..... it's probably due to the fear of any accident-related insurance claims, like ppl kanna cut, hit by debris, etc or death when seeing ghosts at these deserted places ...:dunno:

Hmm, well places like Punggol fields qualifies as secluded and deserted and are not closed to public access.

As for occupier's liability, I think that only applies for places which are actually owned by someone, and if that is indeed the primary concern, a sign establishing that entrance is at your own risk is probably sufficient to exclude liability (not 100% sure as this needs checking up on). I suspect the main reason is not that, but probably not wanting to have squatters do all sorts of funny things there.

haha, but yr title is: more established abandoned/secluded/deserted sites :dunno:
probably all these places are closed to public access now .....

just to enlighten on why these places are visitors unfriendly ..... it's probably due to the fear of any accident-related insurance claims, like ppl kanna cut, hit by debris, etc or death when seeing ghosts at these deserted places ...:dunno:

Hmm well we can always talk about other more accessible places hehe :p Any more input would be appreciated.

Btw, u went to the Punggol thread there's this map with numbered places. I tried to go to places 1-4 and didn't manage to....u've been there b4?

Try poping by the PhotoAid thread. Most of the guys there are from the Punggol area and should be able to give you some more info ;)

how about marina south (super bowl and victor bowl)? but not sure how is it now.

how about marina south (super bowl and victor bowl)? but not sure how is it now.

Well, the last time I went there was around July last year. Very deserted, even on a Sunday. The place was pretty run down and ugly, mostly due to a lot of construction work going on. Still, it could be a good place for a shoot if quietness is required.

Well, the last time I went there was around July last year. Very deserted, even on a Sunday. The place was pretty run down and ugly, mostly due to a lot of construction work going on. Still, it could be a good place for a shoot if quietness is required.

hows the mosquitoes condition there, can insect repellent keep them away or they are commando train?

Deserted spots used to be infested by drug abusers. So that is another reason why it is heavily guarded. These sick people will leave behind blood stained syringe and used condoms with blood from the female partner. It is dangerous to very young kids when they sneaked in and play with (or accidently bumped into) these stuff.

I am sure Mas Selemat found no difficulty searching for a good spot to relax. Maybe this thread will invite him to come to Clubsnap. Or maybe he has a long list of secluded exotic spots which we never heard of.

Status
Not open for further replies.