Abandoned Houses in SG to shoot

Wait for your neighbor to go for holidays wif the whole family, & their house will be abandoned for awhile.......................:bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Wait for your neighbor to go for holidays wif the whole family, & their house will be abandoned for awhile.......................:bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

hahaha good idea.

errr.... i think this thread was re-opened by a newbie who was asking a totally different question ROFL

Sgdevilzz said:
Actually istana woodneuk and tyresall house are 2 different building. I went there Afew months ago. But recently they installed cctv cameras and now it's under surveillance.

You can check out some photos here.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/54212664@N07/sets/72157626923113788/

The one everyone calls Tyresall house is actually Woodneuk. It was confirmed by scans of some very old pictures.

These houses are abandoned because there are some outstanding lawsuits over ownership over these houses. SG govt offered a big amount to buy over the property but the descendants of the sultan of johore and the state of Johore are fighting over the ownership of these properties. That is why they lay untouched. Then people start hiking and visiting the houses, forcing the govt to seal them up and install CCTV.

daredevil123 said:
The one everyone calls Tyresall house is actually Woodneuk. It was confirmed by scans of some very old pictures.

These houses are abandoned because there are some outstanding lawsuits over ownership over these houses. SG govt offered a big amount to buy over the property but the descendants of the sultan of johore and the state of Johore are fighting over the ownership of these properties. That is why they lay untouched. Then people start hiking and visiting the houses, forcing the govt to seal them up and install CCTV.

Is that so? What about the other neighboring mansions? Down the path is another mansion sealed and locked up. Looks clean from the outside though

I've been to the tyresall house only at night. That place is loaded with bats and smells like bat poo. Its the perfect hideout for Batman

Are you guys trying to shoot orbs and paranormal stuff? Try old changi hospital, if you can get in :D

dun bother. i think got security guards already.

the only chance u might have is somewhere like ubin...

Last edited:
Are you guys trying to shoot orbs and paranormal stuff? Try old changi hospital, if you can get in :D

It is very easy to shoot orbs... just fire the on camera pop up flash, and spray some mist infront of the camera... you will see thousands of orbs.

Actually istana woodneuk and tyresall house are 2 different building. I went there Afew months ago. But recently they installed cctv cameras and now it's under surveillance.

You can check out some photos here.

Mansion Scanvengers - a set on Flickr

Btw those pics in that collection isn't pointing to Istana Woodneuk.

Btw those pics in that collection isn't pointing to Istana Woodneuk.

That is the old French Embassy and beside it is another abandoned Houses under the care of Atos.. If u wanna go Istana WOodneuk u have to go deep into the jungle..

That is the old French Embassy and beside it is another abandoned Houses under the care of Atos.. If u wanna go Istana WOodneuk u have to go deep into the jungle..

So technically they were in France when they were taking photos there? ;)

daredevil123 said:
So technically they were in France when they were taking photos there? ;)

The land and building is now state property ... and I think SLA is responsible for its security and maintenance ...

alkaff mansion.

front is sealed but the side u can bash up. :D