A80 Adapter blocking the Flash

Status
Not open for further replies.
pterodactylim said:
hi guys,

i just came back from 'a shop' at AMK and they say there is no such thing as a remote flash for the A80.
the achiever one comes with a bracket that attaches to the body of the camera.
anybody kind enuff to show how remote is remote? thks.

Its known as a "slave flash" and you should get one that is compatible with your camera such that it will fire at the right moment. Your digicam might have a preflash (NOT redeye) before the actual flash which may trigger slave flashes. Check with the vendor and the manual etc. Do some research on the web. A slave flash like the Digi-Slave DSF-1s can be set to fire on 1st or 2nd flash.

just a wonder
how does a filter looks like?
can show here?

pterodactylim said:
i just came back from 'a shop' at AMK
Would it so happen to be MSColors? I was there from 5pm to 7pm too.

pterodactylim said:
anybody kind enuff to show how remote is remote? thks.
Yup, as acieed says, it should be slave flash. Remote flash means a totally diff thing.

acieed said:
digicam might have a preflash
If my memory serves me right, A80 do not have preflash. No harm bring your camera down and trying on the spot thou. Or you can email me when you do intend to drop by again. I live beside MSC.

Poon said:
Would it so happen to be MSColors? I was there from 5pm to 7pm too.

Yup, as acieed says, it should be slave flash. Remote flash means a totally diff thing.

If my memory serves me right, A80 do not have preflash. No harm bring your camera down and trying on the spot thou. Or you can email me when you do intend to drop by again. I live beside MSC.

i did not want to name names, but yes.

i did explain to him what i read here but he did not understand. i told him that i wanted a flash that would fire when the flash on the A80 fired, and he told me there was one with a bracket???!! if it does have a bracket which attaches to the A80, then it is not so nice.

so i also blur cuz' nobody post bracket leh!!

but never mind. thks for your kind assistance. i really need one.will pm you. thks poon.

pterodactylim said:
i did not want to name names, but yes.

i did explain to him what i read here but he did not understand. i told him that i wanted a flash that would fire when the flash on the A80 fired, and he told me there was one with a bracket???!! if it does have a bracket which attaches to the A80, then it is not so nice.

so i also blur cuz' nobody post bracket leh!!

but never mind. thks for your kind assistance. i really need one.will pm you. thks poon.
i think next time u go there and ask for salve flash can liao

ok got it and after taking about 30 shots, i think i got the hang of it. my appreciation goes to 'poon' for giving me his valuable time and expertise. and also devilcup. cheers guys.

pterodactylim said:
ok got it and after taking about 30 shots, i think i got the hang of it. my appreciation goes to 'poon' for giving me his valuable time and expertise. and also devilcup. cheers guys.

Nice meeting you too. Anyway, have a good trip, and show me the photos when you come back, k? ;)

Poon said:
If my memory serves me right, A80 do not have preflash.

Oops, my memory failed me. The A80 does a preflash.

Status
Not open for further replies.