a700 firmware v3 coming soon

Status
Not open for further replies.
What does the new firmware do?

What does the new firmware do?

help u shoot better portaits..got face detection soon..first on dslr..but works on xmms only..:lovegrin:

help u shoot better portaits..got face detection soon..first on dslr..but works on xmms only..:lovegrin:

Hello Panasonic L10 already got face detection...

Seems to reduce NR at high ISO... not sure if that is what is meant... or was that for the Version 2 over Version 1? Or does Version 3 have even less NR than Version 2? All very confusing... all other updates not too significant it seems...

TME, think that's referring to v2 over v1. v3 seems to just be some bug fixes.

TME, think that's referring to v2 over v1. v3 seems to just be some bug fixes.

Yeah I thought so too... some stability issues being fixed... not a big jump... why label is Version 3? Should have been 2.1....

Hi Pals..

An advisory note is that until the release of the firmware by region has been officially released - with its intended fixes, i guess its better to wait.

Firmware releases at times may be blanket releases (universal) and may at times be localized(targeted at certain hardware).
Usually firmware releases are pre-tested internally before they take the trouble to announce it publicly and have an official download site for it.

Having spend $$$ on you camera, I'm sure you do not want to get into a situation that let you know that the Firmware that you have uploaded was not for your system and you do not have anyway to revert back. These cameras looks the same externally but internally, you may have variants given the different shelf variants they have out there.

So my advice is to hold on and do not rush to upgrade your firmware.

Status
Not open for further replies.