A6000

Landscape go 10-18
Travel use 16-70
50 1.8 cheap lens for portrait
24 1.8ZA a must hahaha
For 35 1.8oss u have other version Sigma 30 1.4DN which is cheaper by $200...
Have fun ...

The sigma 30 1.4DN looks good but no OSS.

Thanks guys!

Haha I bought my lens today!

Sony 24mm 1.8 za
Sony 18-105 f4
Samyang 12mm f2.

Haha cost quite a lil. Hahaha thanks for your inputs and advice! :)

Congrats :) im sure you would be very happy with the 24mm.

Thanks guys!

Haha I bought my lens today!

Sony 24mm 1.8 za
Sony 18-105 f4
Samyang 12mm f2.

Haha cost quite a lil. Hahaha thanks for your inputs and advice! :)

Congrats for getting your new lenses!
Samyang 12mm f2 is very good for astrophotography and landscapes shooting.

Anyone using Pixel RC-201 remote shutter?
It's cheap, bought it from Black Market Camera at Peninsular 3rd floor, around 10 bucks.
Have been using only 3 times then it's no longer working anymore. Pressed the remoter shutter button, no response on the camera.
Therefore, now looking for a good remote shutter. Anyone can recommend?

$Image1463295379.606684.jpg
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Use yongnuo rf triggers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What will you do...

Hi there bros, need some advice over here.

Recently I had a problem with my camera after a drop of the camera (damn ouch!). It wasn't from a high distance but it's apparently enough to create some problems. After which my camera could no longer detect my lens, the kit lens 16-50PZ.

Went to Sony Service center, was diagnosed with problem in the lens. They quoted me 300 ish to replace the lens (no more warranty), madness if you ask me! I think I can find second hand lens at below 200 in the forum.

So now I'm stuck. Should i go get a second hand 16-50PZ, or should I go further and upgrade to the Sony 16-70Z lens, which has always impressed me if not for the heavy price? the latter is of cos an upgrade but much more expensive (I can't seem to find any second hand for this now), around 1k vs the former at 100 ish.
Currently I alr have the 35f1.8 (my fav), 50f1.8 (seldom use) and the 55-210 zoom (for some sporting event). I usually like to take food and street photography. but usually I would use the kit lens when i need the wide angle (35f1.8 quite tight at times) and lightweight. with 16-70, I get the wide angle but of cos lose much of the lightweight...
Dunno if i should plunge in with the investment or not. For those who have used both, any advice please??

Or you can get cheaper option of 18-105pz but lose the 16mm-17mm

Or you can get cheaper option of 18-105pz but lose the 16mm-17mm

Yea that's in my thoughts as well. But just that the even heavier weight and slightly bulkier form also puts me off a little. Image quality wise not sure is it very far off from the 1670Z?

ecan07 - Sounds like lightweight and smaller size is most important to you. In that case, the choice should be obvious..

ecan07 - Sounds like lightweight and smaller size is most important to you. In that case, the choice should be obvious..
yea definitely one of my considerations as well, given that even 35f1.8 can be a little bulky at times (but it's still perfect for me).
So means I Shld go back to 1650pz? Jus wondering if it's a sign for upgrade... Haha

I guess my questions would be what are you really upgrading for? Say image quality, how visible is the difference in image quality?

And is the cost of upgrading worth it?

What will you do...

Hi there bros, need some advice over here.

Recently I had a problem with my camera after a drop of the camera (damn ouch!). It wasn't from a high distance but it's apparently enough to create some problems. After which my camera could no longer detect my lens, the kit lens 16-50PZ.

Went to Sony Service center, was diagnosed with problem in the lens. They quoted me 300 ish to replace the lens (no more warranty), madness if you ask me! I think I can find second hand lens at below 200 in the forum.

So now I'm stuck. Should i go get a second hand 16-50PZ, or should I go further and upgrade to the Sony 16-70Z lens, which has always impressed me if not for the heavy price? the latter is of cos an upgrade but much more expensive (I can't seem to find any second hand for this now), around 1k vs the former at 100 ish.
Currently I alr have the 35f1.8 (my fav), 50f1.8 (seldom use) and the 55-210 zoom (for some sporting event). I usually like to take food and street photography. but usually I would use the kit lens when i need the wide angle (35f1.8 quite tight at times) and lightweight. with 16-70, I get the wide angle but of cos lose much of the lightweight...
Dunno if i should plunge in with the investment or not. For those who have used both, any advice please??

About gear acquisition. Seriously..no one can really advise you. Because in the end. Its all about you. Only you. Not us.
If 1 knows better and really need it. No question asked. Just buy it and upgrade.
But in your case..you need to ask. So..It's more of a want, curious than a need. I guess?

with that. I will say.
If getting a better gear will make you happier or even bring the camera out and shoot more. And most importantly, you can afford it. Then. Why not?
But if you're just curious... then you can also rent or buy it..then sell it back. You will loose some money. But at least you had experience n hopefully fun with it while it last.

Nobody can advise you better than yourself on how to spend your own money. Also. Dont look at it as it's an investment. Because it is not. Maybe..if the gear can generate income for you. If not.

Spend within means and if it makes you feel good. It's ok.

I guess my questions would be what are you really upgrading for? Say image quality, how visible is the difference in image quality?

And is the cost of upgrading worth it?

I guess it will be image quality if I'm investing much more in a new lens. I know I will prob be getting a much better lens (from reviews and picture samples seen). Just that the alternative now will be paying a bit of money 100ish to get the same kit lens or see this as a chance to finally take that plunge to spend more and get that better lens.

About gear acquisition. Seriously..no one can really advise you. Because in the end. Its all about you. Only you. Not us.
If 1 knows better and really need it. No question asked. Just buy it and upgrade.
But in your case..you need to ask. So..It's more of a want, curious than a need. I guess?

with that. I will say.
If getting a better gear will make you happier or even bring the camera out and shoot more. And most importantly, you can afford it. Then. Why not?
But if you're just curious... then you can also rent or buy it..then sell it back. You will loose some money. But at least you had experience n hopefully fun with it while it last.

Nobody can advise you better than yourself on how to spend your own money. Also. Dont look at it as it's an investment. Because it is not. Maybe..if the gear can generate income for you. If not.

Spend within means and if it makes you feel good. It's ok.

ah... Thanks! :)
As seen here i'm still v noob hence all the noob questions. I also know at the end of the day, it's the skills of the photographer that matters really, all these glasses and cameras are just tools that enable us.
Yea it is not exactly an investment for me, at least it doesn't generate any income. I do this for hobby and just enjoy when i finally take some good pictures. In that sense it is probably an investment, but the return is happiness :)
Thanks for the advice bros. Really appreciate it. Will keep trying the lens out to decide :)

Another noob question here :p

What happens when I mount a E mount (non FE) lens say SEL16-70Z lens onto a E mount FF camera ah? Other than the focal length difference?

Another noob question here :p

What happens when I mount a E mount (non FE) lens say SEL16-70Z lens onto a E mount FF camera ah? Other than the focal length difference?
You probably get strong vignetting around the corners.
Some FF camera model can switch into APSC mode though as n when needed.