A6000

I think sony singapore do not have the silver (body only)option for the A6000. If want silver body, need to buy it as a kit package

Yes, the Silver only comes in a Kit. I'm surprised US sells it as a body only option. As far as i know, the silver only comes in a kit. That's why i bought the kit..the silver looks nicer than the black IMO...maybe becuase all my camera are black...time for a colour change hehe

Realised that the battery can deplete rather fast.

Any tips on power saving?

Able to off the 'liveview'?

It's normal. All mirrorless cameras don't have long lasting batteries..Price to pay for small size and large LCD.
And no, the LCD screen cannot be totally turned off. You can black out the screen but that's just a black screen, not an off screen. The backlight is still on..so it's pointless.
the only real tip i know of is to use the EVP more, turn on airplane mode and turn off the camera when not in use instead of standby.

Set the <pre-af> to "off"

It's in menu~settings~page3

When it's on, the camera will try to focus even if you didn't press half-shutter. If it's not off, whenever you move the camera,it'll drive the lens to focus on an object.

Having said that, all my lenses use B+W MRC Nano filters

I take it yours is the XS-Pro? Does the lens hood n cap fit it ok? I read that it doesn't for some other cameras.

I take it yours is the XS-Pro? Does the lens hood n cap fit it ok? I read that it doesn't for some other cameras.

Yep..everything fits as they should.. its not all xspro..the tele lens use the fpro because I wanted it thicker for better protection for heavier lenses

Welcome me to the gang! Just got my A6000 and 16-70mm f4 lens....can't wait for this weekend to begin and snap away at my sons soccer game! Reading up all I can about the AF-C function and the settings to choose!

Welcome me to the gang! Just got my A6000 and 16-70mm f4 lens....can't wait for this weekend to begin and snap away at my sons soccer game! Reading up all I can about the AF-C function and the settings to choose!

Congrats and have fun shooting with yr new toy. Do share the pics in the A6000 images thread~

Bro shoot soccer maybe need the 70-200 :) BBB

Haha...thanks for the welcome! I tried that lens at 313...surprisingly light! Let me play around with the 16-70 first! Will see if it is worth posting my pics tomorrow!

Just my luck...wait all week for the weekend...rain whole morning, wet and cool the rest of the day. No chance to take out the camera for a proper workout! Let's hope tomorrow is better!

Lol i used the 70-200 to shoot animals at the zoo. Let me see if i can upload something in a few days time when i'm back. Haha.

Yep..everything fits as they should.. its not all xspro..the tele lens use the fpro because I wanted it thicker for better protection for heavier lenses

Thanks, I just got the b+w xs-pro nano for my SEL1670Z and SEL35F18, both fit perfectly with the hood n lens cap.

How do you guys update the firmware on the A6000?

There isn't a new firmware

Thanks - I guessed as much - but I came from the Olympus EM5 and all you had to do with that was to install the software driver when you connected the usb cable between camera and PC. It would then fire up a program which automatically checks for the camera firmware and the lens firmware and then gives you an option to update - but whether there was an updated firmware or not, the program would always automatically check the firmware for you.

When I plug in the A6000, it just gives me an option to download and install PlayMemories, which I did, but all that software seems to do is to want to transfer files from your camera and PC to the PlayMemories repository - I can find no function within that program to update or even check firmware!

Any guesses how this works on an A6000?