A580 launch date?

Pudu plaza, the shop name is "studio Zaloon" @ ground floor, selling A580 body only (free 8Gig Sony MS HG Duo), RM 2,380.00 Can go check it out.

I got myself a A55 body only (free 8Gig Sony MS HG Duo), RM 2,190.00.

Sorry not sure. I only got to know from my friend about this shop in KL, btw they sell NEX adapter to other lend also.

No launch doesn't necessary mean shops will not bring it in.

I Was at MS Color earlier and just checked with the staff if they are bringing it in and while they could not give me a definite answer, they were optimistic.

In any case, at least they are aware of the camera and its specs - not like the clueless ones in SonyStyle.

managed to "molest" A580 at a sony shop in KL. Look and feel similar to a550 but the AF points are great improvements. Didn't get to try the video mode as there is no card :(

HK is selling for 5.7K with kit lens.. ( equals to less 1K SGD ) :think:

managed to "molest" A580 at a sony shop in KL. Look and feel similar to a550 but the AF points are great improvements. Didn't get to try the video mode as there is no card :(

Thats cheaper than the a550 when it just launched.:eek:

Does anyone have any idea how we can get hands on the A580 here ?

1) Perhaps we can all keep calling Sony up until they see the demand for it,th change their minds and bring the A580.

2) Someone doing a mass order for us when they go overseas and buy from perhaps HK or Malaysia.

3) Buy online from the net.

2 & 3 may have warranty issues.

:confused::what::dunno:

I am going HK in the first week of Dec....

Dont mind buying it as i am buying my a55 over there.

The only issue is the trust and the hassle of arranging this ordering thinggy.

Cheers

I am going HK in the first week of Dec....

Dont mind buying it as i am buying my a55 over there.

The only issue is the trust and the hassle of arranging this ordering thinggy.

Cheers

there is a guide on HK shops, just go to recommended shops and ask them to convert the warranty =D or else buy from direct Sony HK ( already quite cheap ! )

Spoke to MSC yesterday and it seems it will be here officially but not sure when.

To be honest, it doesnt make sense for sony to omit selling a580 here since its avaliable almost in most asian countries. Probably production stock is not enough so cater to countries with higher population first maybe.

Correction bro, its HKD 5690 for body only and HKD 6390 with 18-55 kit lens. Had a friend to help me buy it over there, overall a fantastic cam to have. Focus check live view is one of the cool features. Can use it even in AF. :D

P.S also bought the 85mm f2.8 over there.. only HKD 1890 ;)

Any shop in JB also selling? Going all the way to KL quite troublesome.

I'm looking to buy from JB too ... so far only got the standard RM2699 (body) quote that's possible to receive in a few days' time.

The JOKE is when being quoted RM3999 with the kit lens. WTF!

Hmm. Importing from hk would cost about 1075 with gst and shipping. The JB deal looks good too

Latest confirmation from a dealer in KL ... RM2399 (body) with 8GB card. Add RM30 for postage to JB.

Got this standard reply from Sony via their website enquiry on A580 :(

Thank you for your interest in Sony products.

With regard to your enquiry, please be informed that information pertaining to the launch date of the Alpha cameras which you have requested is currently unavailable in Singapore as we do not have such information at the moment.

As soon as announcements regarding new Alpha cameras are made available to the public locally, they can be found at http://www.sony.com.sg/productcategory/alpha-dslr-camera

Should you require any further assistance, please feel free to contact us by email or call our hotline at (65) 6544-8600.

We look forward to your continuous support for Sony products and services.

Best regards
Jasmine Loh
Singapore Customer Information Centre Dept.
Sony Singapore

Spoke to MSC yesterday and it seems it will be here officially but not sure when.

To be honest, it doesnt make sense for sony to omit selling a580 here since its avaliable almost in most asian countries. Probably production stock is not enough so cater to countries with higher population first maybe.

Guess I will wait for it to be launched here. Hopefully by year's end !

Does anyone have the A580 now ? Perhaps we can get some feedback and hands-on experience from you.

Thanks ! :cool: ;p

Well.... Though am so amazed by the awesome reviews of this great Cam....

Will still hang on to my "high" mileage A500, Since its still in the 5-series (dun see a point moving along the 5-series)

Next on my target will be the FF, which would probably be at least after mid next year....
Hopefully, and yes, hopfully , will see a good successor to the A850 by then... If not , can also sneak a "good deal" when Sony starts dumping the A850 prior to the impending release of the new "successor"... :)

Well.... Though am so amazed by the awesome reviews of this great Cam....

Will still hang on to my "high" mileage A500, Since its still in the 5-series (dun see a point moving along the 5-series)

Next on my target will be the FF, which would probably be at least after mid next year....
Hopefully, and yes, hopfully , will see a good successor to the A850 by then... If not , can also sneak a "good deal" when Sony starts dumping the A850 prior to the impending release of the new "successor"... :)

i think you may have to re think that strategy bro, there are very limited sets of a850 left let alone a900.
Unofficially they are no longer in production and hence the rarity, just call up any sony style shops and ask for a900, you will know.

its unlike the case for other sony products that have new models every year (ahem) bravia TVs.