A580 launch date?

I'm in dilemma to choose between DSLR A580 or DSLT A55.
Both have almost similar features.
In your view which is the better choice for below consideration
:

- more dust resistance (easy to clean)
- better in term of image quality (sharp image) & build
- has longer battery life
- no compatibility problem with third party lens (Sigma, Tamron, CZ)
- high ISO performance (6400)

Which is better when view with eye, conventional penta-mirror or electronic view finder?

- more dust resistance (easy to clean) - SAME
- better in term of image quality (sharp image) & build - A580
- has longer battery life - A580 (you could have found this out with basic research)
- no compatibility problem with third party lens (Sigma, Tamron, CZ) - Both OK, We don't know what Sigam has to say about the A580.
- high ISO performance (6400) - Both good, though A580 should have a tiny, hard-to-detect edge.

Which is better when view with eye, conventional penta-mirror or electronic view finder? - Pentaprism is best. But between these 2? The A55 EVF.

go with the one that suits your needs best

for me i went for the a55 as i am an occasional user rather than a more advanced user and the a55 offers a compact size/simplicity as well as having a great set of features that anyone can use in auto+ mode and still churn out better shots than a normal pns

A580 is not planned to be launched here. But I'm thinking of bringing them in from HK or malaysia. HKD very good now...

Rashkae, would you be doing an MO on this? Sounds like quite a few interested parties, myself included ;)

I'm in dilemma to choose between DSLR A580 or DSLT A55.
Both have almost similar features.
In your view which is the better choice for below consideration
:

- more dust resistance (easy to clean)
- better in term of image quality (sharp image) & build
- has longer battery life
- no compatibility problem with third party lens (Sigma, Tamron, CZ)
- high ISO performance (6400)

Which is better when view with eye, conventional penta-mirror or electronic view finder?

With these questions, you seem to have already Chosen a580.

I would say both are very similar except that a55 has lesser battery life. However if you need video that can AF fast, then a55 is the only choice.

Last edited:
i would say, if you have big hand, go for the a580, if you are fine with the grip of a55, go for a55..

Rashkae, would you be doing an MO on this? Sounds like quite a few interested parties, myself included ;)

If I can confirm a good price, yeah, sure.

If you are coming up to KL and buy, try Pudu plaza. My friend told me the A55 body only in the sony style shop selling about 2.2k (Ringgit) with free small dry box.

Not all sony style shop selling the same price.

If you are coming up to KL and buy, try Pudu plaza. My friend told me the A55 body only in the sony style shop selling about 2.2k (Ringgit) with free small dry box.

Not all sony style shop selling the same price.

Anywhere that's trustworthy nearer than KL?

I have my bro-inlaw going HK tomorrow and he is asking me what I need him to buy....

I am seriously considering either a A580 body or the new Sigma 17-50 lens....both damn good price leh...:dunno:

But i guess there's no warranty coverage for the sony body.

Also contemplating a used A700 now....decisions decisions...

Last edited:
Please lah. That link is a JOKE. A55 only has 3 lenses??? They obviously don't have data.

Hey ... thanks for the heads up.

Already notified the website Admin and he responded.

"Hi, thanks for pointing out those embarrassing mistakes.

We've fixed the issue saying the SLT-A55 only has 3 lenses. We'll get the 2-card-slot issue fixed shortly too.

thx

- Alex"

Guess we all learn there are no 100% accurate information on the net.

cheers ! ;)

Huh? What does this mean? So there will be no A580 selling here?

i think that's literally what it's meant , no launch in sg for it