A500 / a550

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, seems it will be a battle of 5s this year...

500D, D5000 and now a500/550...

Yes, seems it will be a battle of 5s this year...

500D, D5000 and now a500/550...

by the time the a500/550 come out, i think almost year end liaw..

by the time the a500/550 come out, i think almost year end liaw..

From the way a230/330/380 was leaked (early May) to being launched (18th May) to availability in July takes about 2 months.

So, probably A500/550 should be here by Sep/Oct period, just in time for COMEX...

Or maybe SITEX @ 26-29 Nov 2009:)

V

or pc show 2010 march

Actually I believe that the announcement might be quite fast, from the time of A230, A330, A380 in database to announcement, is like - a month or two? So I think it might be quite fast.

Though Sony's been rather quiet about their new imaging chips, so don't expect too much, maybe at most you might get the A700 sensor repackaged like the D5000/D90 - and hope that the A700 successor might just get the Exmor-R. :p

Actually I believe that the announcement might be quite fast, from the time of A230, A330, A380 in database to announcement, is like - a month or two? So I think it might be quite fast.

Though Sony's been rather quiet about their new imaging chips, so don't expect too much, maybe at most you might get the A700 sensor repackaged like the D5000/D90 - and hope that the A700 successor might just get the Exmor-R. :p
i think its veerrrrrryyyyyyyyyyy slllooooooooooooooowwwwwww :bheart:

i think its veerrrrrryyyyyyyyyyy slllooooooooooooooowwwwwww :bheart:

Think we should be fair to Sony.

At least they always listen to the consumers and come out with the improvements/features that are working well, rather than jump-start a feature that doesn't work quite well. A very good example is Quick AF Liveview.

I prefer them to take a little longer and come out with something (AF HD Video ;p) that works very well, rather than just for show only...

understand that 6th june 09 marks the 3rd anniversary of alpha. Sony may just celebrate it with some surprise announcements...

understand that 6th june 09 marks the 3rd anniversary of alpha. Sony may just celebrate it with some surprise announcements...
Wah you got keep track of when Sony took over ha?

Spotted Sony's fanatic here:)

Don't place the hope so high. Though I do find the rumor of A500/A550 is believable, they may not be released this year.

a refreshed body with video perhaps based on the A700 Exmor sensor may be possible. at least the CMOS sensor won't heat up that much like a CCD sensor does so longer recording times will be possible

I dont care which sensor they will use, but definitely i'd love to see D5000/D90 ISO performance on the new series 5. Lessening PP time is always a good thing :)

Actually, if it is going to record video, a control layout like the Panasonic DMC-GH1 - Mode dial for video mode, stereo mic on top of pop up flash, dedicated record button, external mic - would be ideal. :p

I dont care which sensor they will use, but definitely i'd love to see D5000/D90 ISO performance on the new series 5. Lessening PP time is always a good thing :)
You should care the sensor they use. The Exmor-R sensor will make D90 look like sh*t.

Strangely enough the new 200 and 300 series appeared similar on Sony websites and were followed quick with specs and pictures. For the proposed 500 and 550 model it is awfully quiet and nothing seems to appear at all ...

Sony .. what.are.you.waiting.for .. ?

Why does everyone think sony will launch major new cameras at PC/IT shows instead of at Photography events like Photokina?

Status
Not open for further replies.