A Store Worth Visiting - T K Foto Trading (Beach Road)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all , Yes I "ll agree TK is the best so far :thumbsup: went there to buy tripod service is excellence price is good Honest man :thumbsup:Keep it up TK.

Actually TK gave me an impression of "Pricing Benchmark" if I really want to check for the price of in item that I am unsure. I find that the pricing is rather consistent for old or new customer.

End of the day, there are only 3 shops (OP, CP, TK) that I went back to get the stuff I need as I felt more comfortable with them. :)

Isn't the key here consistency? They can afford consistent service, everyone happy. If you, as a customer, consistently go back there to the same place, they also consistently recognise you as a buyer and start giving consistent service...

But what really sets stores apart is the service they give out to the initial buyer. You walk in, they recognise you straight away and treat you like a buying customer in any case... that was the feeling I had when I walked out of J316 this afternoon. :)

Yupz yupz. Consistency to 1 shop is the perfect hit on the nail. I always thought letting the shop owner know you is a important thing, thus explaining consistency.

We cannot deny though that being good to intitial buyer is really what you called service quality. Hm...not sure about your case, but OP, TK and john3:16 managed to do that in my case. MS not counted as it was a direct referral from my cousin.

1 thought about TK though, think they can be underhanded at times..not like the case of John3:16. But still abit underhanded. Anyway, Richard is a staff and not related to James. hehe...not father and son...but they are friendly nevertheless.

for me, sometimes it's the staff that plays the part, rather than the shop itself. I always get very high price at AP (especially at the SLS), while a fren of mine always get a lower deal.

While i always get a lower price at MS colour or sometimes at SLS (now famous with so many underhanded shops ..which i cannot name here), the same fren always get a different 'higher price'. Guess it's the whole package, the staff serving you, the way ur bargain...and most probably it's just a bad day. my 2 cents.

for me, sometimes it's the staff that plays the part, rather than the shop itself. I always get very high price at AP (especially at the SLS), while a fren of mine always get a lower deal.

While i always get a lower price at MS colour or sometimes at SLS (now famous with so many underhanded shops ..which i cannot name here), the same fren always get a different 'higher price'. Guess it's the whole package, the staff serving you, the way ur bargain...and most probably it's just a bad day. of coz, first impression counts. If i get chop once, i will nvr go back.

It's good to bring along a fren who patronize the shop too....it just a way telling them if u quote me high, u dun lost just 'a' customer...
my 2 cents.

research before you go down. ask relevant and specific questions. then ask for price. makes you look like an informed and serious buyer, then they dun anyone try to brush you off lor.

While i always get a lower price at MS colour or sometimes at SLS (now famous with so many underhanded shops ..which i cannot name here), the same fren always get a different 'higher price'. Guess it's the whole package, the staff serving you, the way ur bargain...and most probably it's just a bad day. my 2 cents.

totally agree. AP at SLS must see who serves u. I've constantly went to AP and gotten good pricing n service because I know who to approach. Don't approach the young punks because they have a higher chance of giving crappy pricing and giving attitude.

Yupz yupz. Consistency to 1 shop is the perfect hit on the nail. I always thought letting the shop owner know you is a important thing, thus explaining consistency.

We cannot deny though that being good to intitial buyer is really what you called service quality. Hm...not sure about your case, but OP, TK and john3:16 managed to do that in my case. MS not counted as it was a direct referral from my cousin.

1 thought about TK though, think they can be underhanded at times..not like the case of John3:16. But still abit underhanded. Anyway, Richard is a staff and not related to James. hehe...not father and son...but they are friendly nevertheless.
Underhanded?

went there twice, got different experiences, 1st time went there had bad experience, walked in was ignore although there is nobody in the store. 2nd time service was prompt and friendly. difference may be becoz 2nd time I walked in with a camera bag...(that's what I think). wonder if I walk in with a D3 on my neck will I get better service...:bsmilie:

went there twice, got different experiences, 1st time went there had bad experience, walked in was ignore although there is nobody in the store. 2nd time service was prompt and friendly. difference may be becoz 2nd time I walked in with a camera bag...(that's what I think). wonder if I walk in with a D3 on my neck will I get better service...:bsmilie:
No, I think you walk in with a UOB Visa Infinite card or stack of $1000 bills chained around your neck will be more effective.

Underhanded?
"Underhanded" is the correct word. A certain shop in SLS quoted 2 friends of mine what they thought was a reasonable price for a Sony camera, then told them at the point of payment that they have to pay extra for the stock battery "as the camera doesn't come with any battery". Fortunately, they had the good sense to decline the deal.

My experience with the shops so far...

... is that you'll get a better service if you called them beforehand, noted the person spoke to you. And if you agree about the price tell them when are you going to meet them, and come at the time agreed.

The shop will show more respect to you since your effort shows your seriousness of doing business with them.

...The shop will show more respect to you since your effort shows your seriousness of doing business with them.

If shops attend to 'serious' business, i think they missed out the whole bunch of consumers like me. :eek:

i think the thread has totally gone off-tangent in the discussion to outside wat was TS' original intentions.

thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.