A Store Worth Visiting - T K Foto Trading (Beach Road)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cullypokman

May 5, 2008
I just bought my first DSLR (Canon 40D) today after days of searching for "the store" i am willing to part my money with... Yes! T K Foto Trading is one i give 10/10 for their not only competitive price but service excellence.

Been to many stores, the PRO boutiques, the mega electronic stores and the very un-PRO kind in SLS where they anyhow shout price thinking you are a Big Red Carrot!

Trust me, if you are totally clueless and need some genuine help, the guys at T K Foto offer you the best solution to your headaches of the Right Price (they are very resonable and competitive, take what they quote, no need to compare), what you are really buying and the non pushy you must buy from them or even the super sales man tell you to buy what they can profit from you most or clearing stocks.

Look for Richard, he served me and i tell you, you really get dedicated and genuine service. Very nice guy!

I am saying this not because they gave me a discount (their style is quote you competitive prices automatically without you have to ask) but i feel compared to all on the list mentioned, i am just too impressed by what they offer to us as customers that makes every dollar i spend there worth it! Its been a long time i can say i haven't experience such level of customer satisfaction in Singapore.

My Ranking of Shops!

:)The Best! Must Buy Your Camera From Store - T K Foto (At Shaw, Beach Road) :thumbsup:

;)Friendly Guys but Don't Really Have Time for You - 3:16 "I LOVE the Guys there"

:devil:The "Salesman" Award - Cat_____

Have fun Shopping guys.

Address: Shaw Towers, #02-45, 62928167, 100 Beach Road

My guess is you went to John 3:16 on a saturday. Hence they cannot attend to you as they would normally do on a weekday when it's not so busy. I wouldn't expect three people to handle an 18-person crowd and attend to each one individually and extensively, so I won't say they "don't really have time for you".

most of these shops are always pretty decent,

tk foto - friendly, moderate price, low prices for some
orient photo - generally low price but grey, can be friendly if you are
cathay photo - best bet for stock, price is relatively constant, sometimes on the high side, but not so many dirty tactics
alan photo (do homework) - might get dirty tactics, but price can be good sometimes
john 3:16 - friendly people, very honest pricing, but yes, a little understaffed

Can anyone advise where john 3:16 is? Thanks

Funan IT Mall. cant remember if its 3rd or 4th floor. the salesman is super friendly and calls everyone 'Bro' :D

John 3:16's at Funan IT mall level 5. You'd want to be attended by Samuel if possible =)

Closed on Sundays.

no one recommend ms colours in ang mo kio ???
they also gd service as well phone and email quote is the same.

Regarding john 3:16, it is not as good as what people think as they tend to mark up the price slightly when other place got no stock. Furthermore, i tested them with respect to some items price and found that when they are not sure, they tend to give some price which is too much. Don't just be carry away with the little smile. :confused:

I do agree that TK Photo is really good and same for MS Color.;)

Cathay is good only if you know someone there.:embrass:

Alan Photo is another shop that is too unfriendly and also often (most of the time) any how quote price. --- This is the worst shop.:angry:

Regarding john 3:16, it is not as good as what people think as they tend to mark up the price slightly when other place got no stock. Furthermore, i tested them with respect to some items price and found that when they are not sure, they tend to give some price which is too much. Don't just be carry away with the little smile. :confused:

I do agree that TK Photo is really good and same for MS Color.;)

Cathay is good only if you know someone there.:embrass:

Alan Photo is another shop that is too unfriendly and also often (most of the time) any how quote price. --- This is the worst shop.:angry:

Agreed totally, 3:16 may appear to be very friendly to everyone on the surface. I had a very bad encounter once. I reserved a Canon 450D over the phone with the manager. When I got there, the manager said that there is only one set left and it was already reserved for someone else, but since I came all the way down, my patience pay (how artificial of that, but anyway..) He passed the 450D to me to play with and went on to attend to another customer (their typical style). I waited for him to serve me but he never got back to me despite the fact that I said I was ready to pay (due to the crowd? but there was simply no priority as to who came first should be served first).
Then came an Ang Mo customer who wanted to get a lens and the manager shifted his attention from another customer he was attending to the Ang Mo. The Ang Mo wanted a lens and the manager promptly took out the lens he was asking for. To my astonishment, he said to me to "lend" the Ang Mo the 450D i was holding onto so that he can test the lens. He took it away from me nonchalantly and passed it to the Ang Mo who played with the 450D body and pressed his oily face on that camera. The Ang Mo didnt like the lens and got the manager to replace it with another lens, and the same 450D was used again. All this while, I was made like a fool standing there and waiting. My 450D has somehow been made a display set? I was just wondering, I could jolly well afford to get a brand new camera from another shop even at a higher price.
I am a Christian and what made me go to this shop was the Christian atmospheres that it seems to potray at the start. But after this encounter, I will never step into this shop again. Later on, I went to MS color and TK photo to get my 450D and accessories. Here, I felt a huge difference in the customer service style - sincerity from the heart, not fake sincerity (you dont wear a smile, you smile from your heart). Their overall customer service is commendable.
I wouldnt go to a shop who lets customers play with and handle their equipment in the sales person's perpetual absence. Not to be paranoid, but you never know what physical damage maybe incurred during this time. We pay a price for our dslr bodies and lenses and definitely want it to be as new as it can be.

I have had the best experiences with TK and MS colour as well (though MS is at a much lower frequency becoz im too far off).

John 3:16 lost me as a customer almost a decade ago.:). Will never go back again.

Honestly, any shop is capable of bad service. I've never had consistent service from one single shop over years... MS has given me bad service, Alan worse... even when I thot Cathay was the one to go to despite higher prices, their service is not consistent also. Nowadays, I usually end up buying cameras (full set) from Harvey Norman or Courts, simply because I hate to deal with SALESman. I just go to the counter, ask for a new set, and walk to cashier to pay. Simple.

I had bad experience with MSC too.....twice. So I wouldn't want to go there anymore, even though I stay in Bishan....just my personal encounter.:(

Honestly, any shop is capable of bad service. I've never had consistent service from one single shop over years... MS has given me bad service, Alan worse... even when I thot Cathay was the one to go to despite higher prices, their service is not consistent also. Nowadays, I usually end up buying cameras (full set) from Harvey Norman or Courts, simply because I hate to deal with SALESman. I just go to the counter, ask for a new set, and walk to cashier to pay. Simple.

if you can do that with Harvey Norman or Best Denki. you can do that with the smaller stores too. Since you are just buying w/o question, you can get a cheaper price from the smaller stores.

TK Foto has my vote as well. :thumbsup: My favourite camera shop so far. :)

As for 3:16, i like Sam's service too but sometimes the waiting is a killer for an impatient shopper like me. :)

Cathy's auntie was fierce to me probably cos she had a bad day but i will still go back cos their prices (e-quotes) r competitive.

if you can do that with Harvey Norman or Best Denki. you can do that with the smaller stores too. Since you are just buying w/o question, you can get a cheaper price from the smaller stores.
Sure I agree. But I find that while the prices are lower, the 'package' at the big stores are more complete. I got a canon G9 from Harvey norman recently, and they threw in the original casing, screen protector, 2nd non original battery, Camera bag, cleaning kit, tripod, Ultra II 4GB SD card... blah blah blah. Take and go. No need to ask for more.

T K foto is the one I frequent now..

John.. well.. quite ok.. and if u know ur stuff and wants what u want. quite ok. But the price not as aggressive

Cathay.. got a very bad experience there.. more for the attitude of that sales that attend to me.. so much so.. I have already black listed them

Oriental Photo.. well.. walk in on one weekday.. went one around.. saw three ppl sitting down.. and one playing PSP.. no one serve me.. so will not go there again.. Was buying a grip for my D300 then.. end up in....

TK where I got my grip + 50mm f1.4D + future buys. :thumbsup:

I think I am the only one who will actually support Courts or Harvey Norman. Haha. And do you know it's actually possible to bargain with them if you are in the mood? Not in terms of price, but in terms of freebies. I got extra original lithium battery from courts before when I bought my DSLR.

I think I am the only one who will actually support Courts or Harvey Norman. Haha. And do you know it's actually possible to bargain with them if you are in the mood? Not in terms of price, but in terms of freebies. I got extra original lithium battery from courts before when I bought my DSLR.
Sorry, I better justify that it was when I offered to pay CASH before they agreed to throw in the freebies.

i try ms color(amkhub) some time ago buying a filter later found they gave me a defective filter then ask for replacement quote say no more stock pass me another brand ask for top up in the end found out got cheated never go back again.

OP went there to check out some acessories price but the lady seem like not sure(maybe not interested) about the price and busy serving amos although i dun have ton of cash to throw at them, but believe i can spent handsomely when i need so dun border ever go to shop which dun serve me.

TCW went there to repaired my lense once, after repaired found out result still not expected therefore request for reconfirmed later when collect ask for additional charge some more problem not solve forget about going back again.

The best is yet to be at the moment

Status
Not open for further replies.