A reminder to all newbies to check used lenses thoroughly before purchase

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, beaware. He posts quite a lot of for sales ads here. Hint... He uses his brain to see. What goes around comes around. He will get his retribution soon.

Why don't you name him? As long as people only have the mood to complain but not the guts to tell the name the seller will still make his money. But, of course it puts you also in a strange light that you are unable to check the lens properly. Lesson learned for a big tuition fee.

Hmm... Tough one. ;-)

You're a "sucker" too?

lucky the accessory i bought was much cheaper, $50 only. sold me a third-party item claiming it's an original accessory and when i questioned him later on i got called a cheat. :bsmilie:

not sure if this is the thread to put names (it's in the newbies subforum and not some other feedback thread) but here's a lesson for all: make sure u have everything to check the item you are buying and if you're not satisfied for a good reason, walk away from the deal. :thumbsup:

Why don't you name him? As long as people only have the mood to complain but not the guts to tell the name the seller will still make his money. But, of course it puts you also in a strange light that you are unable to check the lens properly. Lesson learned for a big tuition fee.

I think I've given enough hints on my previous post. I've also informed the admin - Edmund about this. Hope CS will take some action. So far no reply from him.

He also sells some lowepro bags, Pentax stuffs etc. Watch out. He is not a local.

Ask him whether got blower or lens clothes, he asked me to use hankerchief to wipe???! I didn't pursue further on the dust, due to first - his profession, his numerous posts online, and I kinda trusted his words becos' he is also a fellower CSers. Silly me. I guess predators are everywhere preying on ignorance.

Last edited:
Just post the nick here

What u guys afraid of?

You are telling fact here, what he can do to u?

I think I've given enough hints on my previous post. I've also informed the admin - Edmund about this. Hope CS will take some action. So far no reply from him.

Of course not, cause CS is not the babysitter for people buying 2nd hand gear. CS is the platform the exchange information, nothing else. Legally CS is not involved at all in your deal and therefore there is no legal ground to interfere - so what do you expect from the admins? (This legal aspect has been discussed many times also with regards to models and photoshootings. There's no difference between Buy&Sell lists and lists for Sunday morning Bikini shots at Sentosa.) Especially for newer members it will be better if you just to state the nick and the fact. As long as you stick to facts you are on save ground. Not mentioning the name clearly (which allows the guy to continue his way of trading) will rather put yourself into the limelight of doubt.

Last edited:
Of course not, cause CS is not the babysitter for people buying 2nd hand gear. CS is the platform the exchange information, nothing else. Legally CS is not involved at all in your deal and therefore there is no legal ground to interfere - so what do you expect from the admins? (This legal aspect has been discussed many times also with regards to models and photoshootings. There's no difference between Buy&Sell lists and lists for Sunday morning Bikini shots at Sentosa.) Especially for newer members it will be better if you just to state the nick and the fact. As long as you stick to facts you are on save ground. Not mentioning the name clearly (which allows the guy to continue his way of trading) will rather put yourself into the limelight of doubt.

i'll be the hero :bsmilie:

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/search.php?searchid=8787932&pp=25

lucky the accessory i bought was much cheaper, $50 only. sold me a third-party item claiming it's an original accessory and when i questioned him later on i got called a cheat. :bsmilie:

not sure if this is the thread to put names (it's in the newbies subforum and not some other feedback thread) but here's a lesson for all: make sure u have everything to check the item you are buying and if you're not satisfied for a good reason, walk away from the deal. :thumbsup:

my original interest in this thread is to remind people to check used lenses properly, and not to care about what background the seller comes from, seriously, the most professional ones can stink too.

but if you're interested as to whom i or zoomP had dealt with, its thinkvision. looked so professional, talk so professionally online especially about tests with the 35-70 f2.8 etc who knows maybe his test results are flawed due to fungal halos in the periphery! :bsmilie:

my original interest in this thread is to remind people to check used lenses properly, and not to care about what background the seller comes from, seriously, the most professional ones can stink too.

but if you're interested as to whom i or zoomP had dealt with, its thinkvision. looked so professional, talk so professionally online especially about tests with the 35-70 f2.8 etc who knows maybe his test results are flawed due to fungal halos in the periphery! :bsmilie:

If you didn't tell us that he is doctor by profession, we would have thought he worked for Sony as he always seems to have many insider information about new launch....:thumbsd:

Octarine, I hope you are not speaking officially on behalf of CS? Who is talking about legal ground? The admin has the rights to ban member based on misconduct or delete certain posts if it was deemed misleading?

Anyway, what's the point of annoucing his name when he can recreate a new nick to login? I think the matters at hand is to inform people our experiences and identify the characteristics of this person. I think that will be more helpful.

Yes, it's Thinkvision. So what?!

Last edited:
While some are genuine sellers or buyers there are a bunch of people buying used stuff and selling them at higher prices than what they bought. That also explains for the frequent delays oo changing of trading meet up time. They have to make sure they have a seller or fix a time before they can sell it to you and pull off a quick one. Of course trading of more complicated optic hardware these middle men will most of the while be incapable of assuring or give gaurantee on the life span or condition of these second hand items. At the sellers' point of view how can they know whether the items were damaged by the user after he / she bought it. Know that they are used stuff not from distributers or shops this is the risk that buyers have to take.

Upgrade of same lens over and over again some even want the original box pakaging don't you think its too weird a behaviour?

Okay nick mentioned will take note and care when trading with him. That's the least you can do do not fear to name them if you know you were not in the wrong.

Last edited:
Octarine, I hope you are not speaking officially on behalf of CS? Who is talking about legal ground? The admin has the rights to ban member based on misconduct or delete certain posts if it was deemed misleading?

Anyway, what's the point of annoucing his name when he can recreate a new nick to login? I think the matters at hand is to inform people our experiences and identify the characteristics of this person. I think that will be more helpful.

Yes, it's Thinkvision. So what?!

The fact that the seller can suggest that the buyer might be trying to rip him off by changing the lens glasses after purchase and purposely not checking the lens on site is enough to make my blood boil :angry:
TS, I salute you for being able to maintain your cool after such a serious accusation. If it's me, I don't know what will happen liao.

And I feel Zoomp is right to say that administrators of CS has the right to take certain actions to protect the overall interests of its members. Not to babysit but to prevent 'crooks' from ripping members off.

This one is like those slimming advertisements where they promised this and that when in fact nothing works. The authorities also came in to clamp down on such advertisers.
Imagine spending thousands on slimming program that doesn't help you lose weight, and then the company points the finger at you and accuse you of eating snacks at night :bsmilie:

Last edited:
The fact that the seller can suggest that the buyer might be trying to rip him off by changing the lens glasses after purchase and purposely not checking the lens on site is enough to make my blood boil :angry:
TS, I salute you for being able to maintain your cool after such a serious accusation. If it's me, I don't know what will happen liao.

And I feel Zoomp is right to say that administrators of CS has the right to take certain actions to protect the overall interests of its members. Not to babysit but to prevent 'crooks' from ripping members off.

This one is like those slimming advertisements where they promised this and that when in fact nothing works. The authorities also came in to clamp down on such advertisers.
Imagine spending thousands on slimming program that doesn't help you lose weight, and then the company points the finger at you and accuse you of eating snacks at night :bsmilie:
over here the sellers triumph, because its actually under the Terms & Conditions of CS that they hold no responsibility

on one hand that its not fair for CS to be responsible, we would ask instead, if certain traits, or undesirable behaviours should be inculcated and allowed to propagate

A very newbie question...

How do I check the lens for defects (eg fungus or others)

I'm not speaking on behalf of CS - and I don't need to do that. There is a legal framework in place that also CS has to obey. This legal framework also defines what CS admins are not entitled to. As long as the postings of this person don't conflict with any T&C nothing much can be done. The activities of any member outside of CS is not subject to any regulation or legal action of CS admins. This includes also any Buy&Sell activities. CS admins are not the watchdogs for Buy&Sell or photoshootings or whatever people agree to do (provided it is legal).

The T&C of CS do not allow multiple nicks / logins for one person. That would be a clear case where CS admins can step in. Your aim to inform people in highly welcomed. In fact I'm glad to know the name and I would like to thank you for speaking up here.
I hope you understand my critics earlier. Anonymous complaints do not help the honest people.

There's a few reseller in the forum.. So, check and double check the lens. Try not to meet up at night when light is low. Unless you prepared a big torch.

The problem with the B&S now is we cannot leave a feedback.

Now that a name has been mentioned, perhaps we should give him/her a chance to provide his side of the story?

Status
Not open for further replies.