a-photo-a-day for 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fantastic idea.. Hope can do it for a year..:p

Really nice idea BUT it's a BIG commitment. Not sure if anybody can sustain it for the entire year. Sorry, I don't mean to be a wet blanket here, but realistically how many of us can stick to the plan of doing this? Even the thought of going for a jog once a week to maintain fitness level and for that 2.4km run is already a problem for many. :embrass:

Again, I stress that I'm not doubting anybody or being a wet blanket, it'll be really great if anyone achieve it but let's be realistic about things ya.... :)

Maybe we can start with a-photo-a-week for 2006?

I have received a couple of PMs asking if the A-Photo-A-Day gallery subsection can also be used to house A-Photo-A-Week threads, and the answer is "Of course!"

Members just have to be disciplined when starting the thread to indicate whether its a weekly or daily update eg

[Darren] A Photo A Day

and/or

[Darren] A Photo A Week

And there is no problem if a member wants to maintain both a Daily and Weekly photo memoir, just make sure that that threads are marked accordingly, and that new photos are indeed posted into the thread on a daily/weekly basis (well, we can't force anyone into doing it, but this will definitely require some amount of dedication on behalf of the members).

At the end of the day, this is an experiment, lets see where it takes us! ;)

Thanks Darren! :)

gets my vote. thanks to darren and zaren for suggesting it.

Yes! I've been toying with such an idea but never got down to putting any photos up. Having such a forum will ensure that I have to take at least a shot a day and post it.

So, how do I post a photo? I need to get all the technicalities right so that I am ready to post my first photo... in 2 days!!!

Happy New Year to all!

THe first day and i already forget liao until i read the post from WLC..will take one tonight..another 364days to go..:lovegrin:

lil_princess said:
:bigeyes: NOw.. thats a huge commitment! :bsmilie: :bsmilie:
But thanks to unker zaren for suggesting! ^_^

yo niece....join in also lah! ;p

Horsba85 said:
gets my vote. thanks to darren and zaren for suggesting it.

come join in the fun too! :)

following Stereobox's suggestion for a chit-chat thread, this thread can serve as a chit-chat thread for all participants of Photo-A-Day and Photo-A-Week.

:)

Just wonder...u guys really got time to do shooting everyday?:think:
it definitely won't happen on my case...i work no day no nite...:sweat:

choo said:

well, just try to make some time every day, say 30 mins. if u run out of things to shoot outside, can always do an indoor shoot at home, experimenting with still life, self portraits etc. if u think about it, the amount of time u spend surfing CS and giving comments on photos is already enuf to shoot something :)

zaren said:
following Stereobox's suggestion for a chit-chat thread, this thread can serve as a chit-chat thread for all participants of Photo-A-Day and Photo-A-Week.

:)

oh, oh!!

so paiseh zaren, i only found out about the existence of this thread today :embrass:

http://forums.clubsnap.org/showpost.php?p=1786933&postcount=26

choo said:
For me, I try to bring my camera with a 24mm wherever I go. So when I see something nice, I shoot lor. Of course standard not as high as all the masters I've seen ...

However, sometimes very busy rushing here & there, u miss the nice things :(

zaren said:
well, just try to make some time every day, say 30 mins. if u run out of things to shoot outside, can always do an indoor shoot at home, experimenting with still life, self portraits etc. if u think about it, the amount of time u spend surfing CS and giving comments on photos is already enuf to shoot something :)

for me, how i do it is, i keep everything minimal, low-fuss and simple. it makes it easier to pick up that camera and do something.

one of our 'guidelines' agreed with AZhou is to come up with a specific theme per week. this helps me to look more carefully and closely at the things all around me. sometimes, thinking about the theme helps me relax in a way.

for example, i take a break after doing some tedious DI work. instead of lazing around, i think about the world around me, how can it be reflected in the chosen theme, and so on. try it, it's quite theraupetic for me.

something like that.

Oh yah, want to formally thank Zaren for the idea of A Photo A Day (APAD), and also the CS admin for taking in his idea.

This project has really "forced" me to shoot more often. Hopefully, it will help a newbie like me to improve faster ;p

Thanks again!

wiz23 said:
Oh yah, want to formally thank Zaren for the idea of A Photo A Day (APAD), and also the CS admin for taking in his idea.

This project has really "forced" me to shoot more often. Hopefully, it will help a newbie like me to improve faster ;p

Thanks again!

you're welcome wiz23...actually the idea of PAD is not new at all. pbase had it for years, and i just thought that it might be cool if we also had something like that in ClubSnap.

I think this project really "forces" us not only to shoot more often, but to think harder about what we shoot. so, that really should help improve our photography. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.