A new, fresh look to ClubSNAP for 2018

How to close a post once sold? There is only 'edit thread' in that ... menu.

Check upper right hand the three dots.
View attachment 15059
There is a sub menu with further functions, including 'Close thread'.
Thanks for replying but I only see option for "Edit Thread"

Attachments

• screenshot_1.jpeg
    screenshot_1.jpeg
    13.6 KB · Views: 33
How to close a post once sold? There is only 'edit thread' in that ... menu.
After waiting for a day, there is now no '...' menu, nor is there an 'edit' functionality for post.
Where are the various rules/features stated?

After waiting for a day, there is now no '...' menu, nor is there an 'edit' functionality for post.
Where are the various rules/features stated?
Hi,

The rules and guidelines for posting in the Personal Classifieds section are in a sticky thread posted in each of the sections. We have always maintained a “No edit” rule in Personal Classifieds to maintain transparency in postings.

We have however allowed a 5-minute grace period after the initial creation to allow for correction of mistakes during the form-posting process.

We did use to have a Close Thread function but unfortunately that function is not part of the standard options and may need some custom work done.

Hi,

The rules and guidelines for posting in the Personal Classifieds section are in a sticky thread posted in each of the sections. We have always maintained a “No edit” rule in Personal Classifieds to maintain transparency in postings.

We have however allowed a 5-minute grace period after the initial creation to allow for correction of mistakes during the form-posting process.

We did use to have a Close Thread function but unfortunately that function is not part of the standard options and may need some custom work done.
Alright, that explains a few things. Closing/Archiving threads would probably help once the queue gets a bit long to clear out 'dead threads'.

Hi,

When I used the search box in a sub-forum of classified (e.g. Nikon) and picked "this forum", it searched the entire classified section instead. And would it be possible to default to sort by date? Thanks.

How come you can't PM the other members anymore? Go Start conversation, you type in the name or nick of the person but it will give an error. Something wrong with the server at the moment?

can't edit my own post in classified

The Search index has been fully rebuilt and searches are returning a lot more results now. Thank you for your patience while we were sorting out the Search issue.

Seems like the Clubsnap app for iPhone is not working. Any plan to get that working?

BTW, I love the new layout. Great job guys! Really appreciate all the work!

I tried embedding a photo from the CS media gallery and the image in "World of Nature" is resized to half the original size. Any way to embed full sized images without downsizing? Clicking on the camera icon results in the same downsizing of image, from 1000px to 558px.

I tried embedding a photo from the CS media gallery and the image in "World of Nature" is resized to half the original size. Any way to embed full sized images without downsizing? Clicking on the camera icon results in the same downsizing of image, from 1000px to 558px.
Using the IMG bbcode method will give the largest size image. You can copy the bbcode link when viewing the image in the Media Gallery.

Ok thanks Darren

This looks very nice.

Are we able to close our own threads in Buy & Sell thread? The old site allows us to do , but here I cannot do it.

Got a question. what determines the "member/new member/senior member" etc?

The user titles are upgraded based on Trophy points as follows:-

0 Trophies - New Member
5 Trophies - Member
25 Trophies - Active Member
45 Trophies - Well-Known Member

Senior Member is an entirely different category based on length of time registered in ClubSNAP (> 730 days ~ 2 years) and have posted more than 500 posts.

How are Trophies awarded? Trophies are awarded according to actions that a member takes or receives in the Forums.

First Message - 1 point
Somebody Likes You - 2 points - A member liked one of your messages.
Keeps Coming Back - 5 points - Posted 30 messages.
Can't Stop - 10 points - Posted 100 messages.
I Like It A Lot - 10 points - Your messages have been Liked 25 times.
Seriously Likeable - 15 points - Your content has attracted 100 likes.
Addicted - 20 points - Posted 1000 messages.
Can't Get Enough Of Your Stuff - 20 points - Your content has been liked 250 times.
I Love It! - 30 points - Your content has attracted 500 likes.

Member statistics (# of Messages, # of Media Items, # of Likes and # of Points) are shown when you hover your cursor over their avatar.

You will get an Alert when Trophy Points are earned, unfortunately, the Alerts are only stored for a short period of time.

Reactions: larrytok
Are we able to close our own threads in Buy & Sell thread? The old site allows us to do , but here I cannot do it.

The Close Thread function required an additional add-on (it is not part of the default software functions), and we are pleased to inform that we have enabled the ability to close (and also re-open) your own threads.

Click on the ... on the top right of the thread and a drop-down menu will appear like so:-

Edit-Close-Thread.PNG

We appreciate members' patience while we work our way through this new software and finetune it's functionality.