A new, fresh look to ClubSNAP for 2018

image attachments limited to 600x450 resolution, as resized by CS?

image attachments limited to 600x450 resolution, as resized by CS?
There are image options available.

The direct attachment to threads/posts is limited to a max 600px on either dimension to save on storage space.

The Media Gallery upload provides a larger max of 1200px on either dimension for better image quality. Also, we can better control image storage options on the Media Gallery side as compared to the direct image attachment option.

I would suggest that images meant for critique or the galleries are stored in the Media Gallery and then linked to the thread, while the image attachment option is used for Personal Classifieds.

To link from the Media Gallery, click on the Camera icon when in the text editor.

All the Personal Classifieds sections have now been enabled with forms-based postings. Please let us know if you come across any issues or have any suggestions in terms of brands and equipment type represented.

thanks Darren

What happened to all the previously subscribed threads?

You will need to re-subscribe.

What happened to all the previously subscribed threads?

First, good job on mobile and attachment improvement, no need post on flickr and link back, also good for quick non important image posting, quick screenshot and post on smart phone without go desktop and image hosting.

------------------
One more thing,

Post ruin seller's deal,

Seller may post a fair price, and potiential buyer may get it at near his price.

Then someone post a bottom price, then potiential may not want to pay that much than he was ok with.. which is ruining the seller's experience, and drive people to carousel, and less people post deal on clubsnap, as carousel they keep chat from deal post.

A real life example, hiding original names

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180403-103540.jpg
    Screenshot_20180403-103540.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
You will need to re-subscribe.

It is impossible to re-subscribe unless we have done a back-up. Without remembering the title of the threads and/or name of posters, how to re-subscribe?

The short description stated in classified as max 90 characters. However, I am not able to proceed on despite entering less than 90 characters.

The short description stated in classified as max 90 characters. However, I am not able to proceed on despite entering less than 90 characters.
Which personal classified section are you trying to post in?

Note: I see that you were trying to post an item in the Other category, and it's probably the . character that is tripping the error as we have limited the characters in the title to alphanumeric and the following characters only - ()\/#$-

I will make a note in the Short Description field on the character limitations.

Last edited:
It is impossible to re-subscribe unless we have done a back-up. Without remembering the title of the threads and/or name of posters, how to re-subscribe?
Hi, subscribed threads were supposed to have been preserved during the import process. Do you have any threads listed in the Watched Threads section on your profile?

We still have the backup of the old database and will investigate if we can run a special import just for the thread subscriptions.

A quick update – Full Site Search is a bit wonky at the moment and the search index is being rebuilt (slowly as we have more than 9M posts!). Until the rebuild is completed, members may not be able to find the latest posts using the Search function on the top right of the page. Our apologies in advance.

The What's New and New Posts links in the navigation bar uses a different search mechanism and is functioning correctly, so please use those in the interim.
sorry to see the old format go. its a well loved site and I am sure everyone is struggling to get used to the new one. all the best and hope everything will be smooth soon.

as far as I go, can't find any of my post from before. so I hope to hear some good new soon.

cheers

Which personal classified section are you trying to post in?

Note: I see that you were trying to post an item in the Other category, and it's probably the . character that is tripping the error as we have limited the characters in the title to alphanumeric and the following characters only - ()\/#$-

I will make a note in the Short Description field on the character limitations.

Thanks for all the hard work!

Just tried the B&S, some suggestions hopefully can look into them:
- can allow period (.) and comma (,) in the titles? I feel the aperture value of lenses quite important eg 70-200mm f2.8 vs f4 command different prices, currently unable to display them in the titles
- can enable the preview of the thread before posting, since B&S section doesn't allow edits after posting?
- is the old gallery still accessible? I tried linking to a photo I uploaded before it still works, but that's provided I still have the url to the image. If I can't find the thread then have to upload the photo again into the new 'Media' section
- with reference to sunnycamera's post above maybe make the B&S section like before where only the thread starter can post to the thread?

Still finding my way around the revamped site hope to get used to it soon :)

p.s. currently I'm using google to find my old threads ;)

Thanks for all the hard work!

Just tried the B&S, some suggestions hopefully can look into them:
- can allow period (.) and comma (,) in the titles? I feel the aperture value of lenses quite important eg 70-200mm f2.8 vs f4 command different prices, currently unable to display them in the titles
- can enable the preview of the thread before posting, since B&S section doesn't allow edits after posting?
- is the old gallery still accessible? I tried linking to a photo I uploaded before it still works, but that's provided I still have the url to the image. If I can't find the thread then have to upload the photo again into the new 'Media' section
- with reference to sunnycamera's post above maybe make the B&S section like before where only the thread starter can post to the thread?

Still finding my way around the revamped site hope to get used to it soon :)

p.s. currently I'm using google to find my old threads ;)

Thank you for the feedback.

a) I have enabled the . and , characters for the short descriptions in Buy/Sell sections.
b) Unfortunately, the forms add-on does not provide a preview function. I can open up editing of posts but only for a certain time frame after creation, say 5 minutes, so that members can correct any mistakes after posting.
c) The old gallery is now in read-only mode as we will be retiring the software/server. We are looking at ways to bring over the data/images but this will only be to preserve the already-linked images in the forums.
d) Looking into possibility of making the permissions in Buy/Sell where only the thread starter can post replies. Not a standard feature and requires modification though.

Update:

We have now turned on SSL and serving web pages securely via HTTPS. Please let us know if you come across any anomalies after this change. Thank you.

Update #2:

Previously linked/attached images may not be showing up in threads, the workaround is to edit the post/thread and save. Or to upload the image to our Media Gallery and link from there.

Last edited:
Facebook integration completed.

Hi,

I saw some threads with a locked symbol, how would I close or locked my post once the items have been sold?

Check upper right hand the three dots.
1523074835406.png

There is a sub menu with further functions, including 'Close thread'.