A Different Hong Kong (I Hope)

Status
Not open for further replies.
2403823961_cc273b2f9d_o.jpg

I think that 10th is really nice!!! I like the like the effects of the splashing water!

2405462656_3fffcea185_o.jpg

Tourists swarm the Bruce Lee statue placed in the Avenue of Stars as always. Was trying to catch a few jokers who were trying to emulate his pose and failing horribly but in the end gave up, due to the awkward angle that was available. In the end resorted to a girl who was relatively isolated and providing a good line of sight with the statue, and all careful planning went astray when some random dude barged in front of me. Gave up, and this was the only shot I kept.

2404910181_086c72e85f_o.jpg

A security guard watches a worker doing up the part of the HK Museum of Art facing the harbour side. Unintended supervision at its best. :)

2400599529_bc2077cfc0_o.jpg

A pavillion in IR at Kowloon Park, right smack next to Mirador Mansions/Tsim Tsa Shui MTR station. The park is free, and actually pretty pleasant - if I had a longer lens I would have had loads of fun doing bird shooting. And of course, if the weather was less hazy I would have done more IR.

If you have the time and do not really belong to the shop-all-day, eat-all-day category then I guess you could drop by this place, there is a very nice open space which is like some avian lake, many species of ducks and flamingoes. Also has an aviary although the wire-caging around the birds prevents one from photographing them nicely. The park also has a small Chinese-themed garden - though a bit of a letdown, but it's FOC.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nice IR Shot and composition. If you crop the top third of the frame to get rid of the over exposed sky, it will look even better.

[t V s]
www.tvs.fotopic.net

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nice IR Shot and composition. If you crop the top third of the frame to get rid of the over exposed sky, it will look even better.

[t V s]
www.tvs.fotopic.net
yep, i agree. not really a shot i like though, which is probably why there is sloppy handling, just for the record shot. would like a grander pavillion (and i got some later on in kowloon walled city park, will post them up later on). :)

cheers and thanks for viewing and the critique

2406025513_8707b0f9c5_o.jpg

Tsim Tsa Tsui, after the sun has gone down and the people come out to play​

How did you achieve that color? Hue?

urban acid action, i always push it. wish that more people would use it.. properly at that

if you have photoshop, you c an download the action on this page here - use the find function in your browser to look for "urban acid"

the flickr group for this action is here, quite a good resource with many nice examples of how to use it properly, btw it is good for portraits as well, sometimes :)

Love the processing on #17 bro! U got to see more of HK than I did! haha!

2407373262_54892c5077_o.jpg

One of the rare occasions I shoot inanimate/isolated objects.. Part of some decoration on the building in Nan Lian Gardens, right next to Chi Lin Nunnery. We went right after breakfast to Diamond Hill.. But the weather was quite horrible, very hazey and flat lighting, I took quite a number of snaps of the architecture in Chi Lin Nunnery but I dumped them all because not to my satisfaction. I'm sure with HDR something could have been done but unfortunately the security guards peppering the place - there were more guards than visitors actually.. They would not let me use my tripod.

Love the processing on #17 bro! U got to see more of HK than I did! haha!

thanks oliprolli.. hahaha you didn't go around much? it is very easy to get mired in the dim sum and shopping i guess..luckily i don't have interest for the latter.. but more than satisfied my cravings for the former. :bsmilie:

2406929387_d454569bfd_o.jpg

Random street shot, Diamond Hill area from across the road; saw them walking, saw bus stop and dustbin.. I really have some obsession with having trashcans in my shots :bsmilie:

2408361089_aa83290474_o.jpg

Part of the exterior of one of the buildings of the Wong Tai Sin temple.​

Status
Not open for further replies.