A Bali sojourn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I can cakap melayu with Indonesia slang too, but most of them speak Javanese to each other there. My driver managed to get into the crowd, and very proudly show off 50,000RP he won.

I've got the EOS40D with live view, but I took the 5D to Bali because I preferred the 5D for image quality. Will try out the 40D in Vietnam at the end of the month, one camera one lens Sigma 18-200mmOS !. Too tired of carrying around 10kg gear on my back!

10kg? what's your gear (active on the back) like?

yah, i like the image quality, exposure and sharpness. but these series i have yet to see strong exploration of colors. there is a strong elements of red, white and black. maybe it is your style, or is it the place? also noted some vignette. not criticising, just commenting on what i see in your style - very special.

10kg? what's your gear (active on the back) like?

yah, i like the image quality, exposure and sharpness. but these series i have yet to see strong exploration of colors. there is a strong elements of red, white and black. maybe it is your style, or is it the place? also noted some vignette. not criticising, just commenting on what i see in your style - very special.

I appreciate your comments, it's an eye opener. I've been doing this for years so it's nice to hear what others has to say. About the colours, it's just the place. I assure you, the beaches are green and blue and the Barong dances are multicoloured.

My gear was mentioned at the top of the post. I pack them all into my Slingshot 300AW, the strain is on one shoulder only. There's also a towel, a sarong and a small mineral water bottle packed in too, just amazing that bag. The tripod I left in the van, except for Tanah Lot sunset, I carried along. :sweat:

Continuing the series, landscapes.

#18 Lake Bratan
IMG_5431.jpg

#19 Beach in Uluwata
IMG_4266.jpg

#20 Flowers at Lake Bratan
IMG_5419.jpg

#21 Sunset at Tanah Lot
IMG_6051HDR.jpg

#22 Terraced rice fields in Tegalalang
IMG_2670.jpg

Status