A bad moller shoot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could be the same model?

LOL! Apparently someone tried to hypnotize her via MSN and she'd posted in Kopitiam. :bsmilie:

That is a hint strong enough. But for people who'd missed the "Yes, Master" thread.. well the model's name is Olivia Ang. Her nick in CS currently is Oliviia.

But I can't find her thread in the Personal Services offered sub-forum anymore.. :think:

It's still here: http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=479307

Well I was just answering his question :) In such a case, I think the more appropriate course of action is simply publicity. Post a post in her thread linking back to this thread as a form of User Review, then those who read her thread and want to consider hiring her, will have the benefit of reading this user's experience.

Also, it will mean that the model will have the chance to give her side of the story :)

Save the trouble....

For those who has never seen the judges at small claims: If you think Pai Kia are bad, then try the judges at small claims. haha...

If you want to further blow SGD 100 registration fee, not forgeting yr time... maybe just to take a look again at the model... haha... then give it a try.

Will like to share the bad experience I've had with a moller arrangement.

I had arranged for a paid shoot with moller of the "Yes, Master" fame from a
week back for a shoot today.

As model is new, she was expecting a TFCD. I offered her a paid shoot instead. It will
be a proper assignment.

I'd told her I will pay for the time and provide 3 to 5 best shots for her portfolio.
In return, I shall need effort demonstrated such as dressing up and make up. I'd also offered to fetch said model to shoot location if she finds transport to be a problem.

She'd requested that I also send her back after the shoot.

No problem.

Theme: White sundress
Makeup: light
Time: 0900 hours
Payment: $100 + 3 to 5 best shots for portfolio
Transport: Taken care off by photog

Other than via email, 3 days before the shoot I'd made the effort to do confirmation via sms.
1 day before the shoot, another confirmation sms.

Come the big day, in case said model oversleeps (happens all the time), I sms her at 0845 hours
as a morning call and prompted her to start prepping if she hasn't started.

Reached her place at the appointed 0900 hours.. no sign of moller..
Waited in car until 0915.. no sign of moller..
Send an sms to ask if she is coming.. no reply from moller..
Made 2 calls to moller at 0920 hours.. no answer from moller..

3 minutes later, moller sms'ed, said her son was sick, requested I wait until 1000 hours.
That means going to be late for 1 hours. Ok, never mind. I shall wait.

0945 hours, moller sends another sms. Requested to postpone until 1030 hours, asked if I
can waited longer. Champion.

I replied, cannot and deal is off. After all, I think as a client, I have offered quite favourable terms for a simple assignment.

It is just not professional to stand a client up to 1 and a half hours.

Furthermore, as the ETA has been postponed twice by said moller, I am not risking to hang around for a potential 3rd delay.

Conclusion is such:

1.) If said moller has kids at home and no one is there to take care of them,
this moller shouldn't have taken up the assignment in the first place.

2.) Given the benefit of the doubt, if kid is indeed sick. Said moller should have
[arranged] someone in the household to look after him/her without impacting the
work schedule. It is a paid assignment, it is work.

3.) A typical person might take 1 to 1.5 hours after waking up to prepare in the morning before leaving the house for work. A moller, doing some make up might probably take
longer. But even given the time of a regular work person, said moller could have informed the client (me) anytime from 0800 hours to even as early as 0730 hours.

4.) Last sms by moller at 0950 hours was an apology quoting her son was sick hence it resulted in being late. Apology accepted.

5.) Late is to appear after the appointed time. Perpetual postponing of ETA is not late. It
is a no show.

Bros, just to share my experience of engaging this particular moller.

Bear this experience of mine when/should u be engaging her too. Lucky there was no studio and no MUA involved, else I will get it big time.

Luckily I am always having my macro lens. Off to Lower Peirce :)

To the moller, for all the poo I got this morning, here is a fly for you to go with it. :)

3298664839_aba3cc7d2b_o.jpg

Hi,
I understand how you feel. I was in a very similar situation as you before. The model sortta forgotten. However i did once stood up a model twice not because i choose to but due to a bad stomach flu. I sms her prior the shoot and arranged for a reshoot the next week. My fooking bad stomach came back again the day prior to the shoot and i had to sms her again not to wait for me. She never did replied so i guess she's real fook off wif me too thought i was giving excuses.

So did the model offer to reschedule the shoot? No hard feelings lah. If not happy shoot cats meow meow and bugs lor :confused:

Hard luck Bro to have meet such an irresponsible model!

Sad it is quite a norm nowadays, lack of professionalism in the so call 'models'.

I think it all boils down to discipline and responsibility and their lifestyle/night life. But i know not all models are like that there are discipline n reponsible ones as well.

Just like in a basket of a friuts there are good ones n not so good ones so it is just our luck if we picked the not so good ones! (bro dun misunderstood not saying u at fault.)

As the saying goes we cant judge a book by its cover, till we read the content from then on we will be able to judge wether it is a good book or not!

All i can say is modelling life span is not long it is up to them to cherish it!

Cheers!:)

SOme models also see paid shoot very on, TFCD aiyah bochap can don't shoot don't shoot

Want to hear from my side of the story, here it is.

Like wad was said, my son was sick.

Even if I have arrange someone to take care of my son while I'm going away for work, as a parent, would you have feel at ease when your son is running a high fever?

If I had meant to stood him up, I wouldn't have need to answer his call as well. Having a child at home, its not whenever anyone calls that I'll be able to pick up.

Its a paid shoot, yes. But no matter what's the amount, my children is my priority. And I guess any parent would think of that too.

And to all photographers, I believe I have a right to see your portfolios. Not all photographers are as good as u guys. I don't do shoots if I don't see any ports, that is for my own interest, just in case there is anyone who has ulterior motive.

If its wad you guys think that I'm not being professional, I'm fine with it. But please think it over in my position, as a parent. Maybe you would leave your sick child at home, but not me.

I sent the msges and apologies as I'm really sorry about it. But seems like your apology accepted is not really true.

Whether or not you all want to look for me for paid shoots, its your choice. But with or without, I'm a mother. Please understand that before you decided to work with me.

I'm not saying I'm not at fault. I am. But your conclusion doesn't seem right either.

Hi Olivia,
Unless your son fall sick an hour before the schedule photoshoot if you know you cannot make it at least have the courtesy to sms or call the photgrapher first, not the other way round. I understand how you feel but please also understand how a photog will feel waiting for hours for a model who will not show up on who she had committed to work with before.

Its simple. You should have been the one to call or inform the photographer first, not the other way round because you know you cannot make it for the photoshoot.

Last edited:
Thanks for posting your side of the story, now we can have a two-sided complete story.

However, seems like not much that we don't already know, other than emphasising on the parenting bit. I'm sure many here can attest to being parents but I'm not sure how much mileage that gets one. Else, many big productions will be at risk and costs foregone just because of a sick child.

Also as an employer, the sick child reason has been used quite often from what I've seen :) Not doubting Olivia's integrity, but just an observation.

If you really wish to stick to your comment "Whether or not you all want to look for me for paid shoots, its your choice. But with or without, I'm a mother. Please understand that before you decided to work with me.", then I suggest you put that in your thread, something along the lines of "Plesae understand I'm a mother and my child can fall sick anytime. If that happens, I'll cancel your shoot at any time I like, without prior notice".

If you put that statement, then people will go in with their eyes open. Not using such statements as afterthoughts when the act is already done.

Finally, I can have a very nice portfolio, and also an ulterior motive. Likewise, I can have no portfolio (being a newbie), but am as gold as an angel. Using a portfolio to "protect" yourself against ulterior motive people, isn't the way to go.

Even if I have arrange someone to take care of my son while I'm going away for work, as a parent, would you have feel at ease when your son is running a high fever?

If I had meant to stood him up, I wouldn't have need to answer his call as well. Having a child at home, its not whenever anyone calls that I'll be able to pick up.

Its a paid shoot, yes. But no matter what's the amount, my children is my priority. And I guess any parent would think of that too.

And to all photographers, I believe I have a right to see your portfolios. Not all photographers are as good as u guys. I don't do shoots if I don't see any ports, that is for my own interest, just in case there is anyone who has ulterior motive.

If its wad you guys think that I'm not being professional, I'm fine with it. But please think it over in my position, as a parent. Maybe you would leave your sick child at home, but not me.

I sent the msges and apologies as I'm really sorry about it. But seems like your apology accepted is not really true.

Whether or not you all want to look for me for paid shoots, its your choice. But with or without, I'm a mother. Please understand that before you decided to work with me.

I'm not saying I'm not at fault. I am. But your conclusion doesn't seem right either.

Last edited by a moderator:
The present case is a paid shoot leh :)

SOme models also see paid shoot very on, TFCD aiyah bochap can don't shoot don't shoot

The present case is a paid shoot leh :)

Wah i am not a producer you know. My TFCD also need to spend marnie, not on the model but for the set. Paid photoshoot no kick no theme only pay models which anyone can do.

For a shoot to happen there must be a reason to. SOmething i get to understand after a while. Anyone want to hire me as a producer or director :confused:

Hmm, well you can have a paid shoot where you decide the set and theme also mah :)

But I'd say quite sad when you spent money on renting eqpt, makin sets and then model fly aeroplane.

Wah i am not a producer you know. My TFCD also need to spend marnie, not on the model but for the set. Paid photoshoot no kick no theme only pay models which anyone can do.

For a shoot to happen there must be a reason to. SOmething i get to understand after a while. Anyone want to hire me as a producer or director :confused:

Hmm, well you can have a paid shoot where you decide the set and theme also mah :)

But I'd say quite sad when you spent money on renting eqpt, makin sets and then model fly aeroplane.

Usually i won't straight jump and invest in a theme with a model i am not familiar with. If the model is easy to work with and always keep her word i do not mind investing further in a theme and marnie on sets, props, costumes etc. Worse if you organize a group photoshoot and your models are ex supermarine spitfire ace pilots your reputation as an organize go down the drain man.

Photography takes a sharp turn, usually when you goes into potraits, theme and people i guess.

Wah seh .... this part very deep leh ..... :bigeyes:
If only all the GWC can grasp this ....

Sorry for the OT ...

I once did submitted an organized shoot with my suggestions and request for models and photographers but was rejected. The mods who read my post probably thought i was been funny. But seriously i was sincere about the who shoot thing. I would have felt rejected but on a different note i guess i had already reahed another level. No not photogprahy - i still sucks at that. But another level of seeing things in life the way most other have not been able to see yet.

Last edited:
I don't think u get the point. It's not about your child being unwell. It's not about u being a parent, and being a good one at that.

It is about u, as a service provider, not pre-empting the client on the, not just possibility but, probability of the service not delivered.

It is about u, as a service provider, not having adequate planning ahead to mitigate possible disruptions to the plan that your client has done up for you.

U understand what I am saying? There is nothing against u as a good parent. But as a service provider, you lack reliability and responsibility.

I quoted your statement below, this is definitely not true. I'd called you twice while waiting and till, now I don't even know how ur voice sounds like cos u'd not answered my calls.

If I had meant to stood him up, I wouldn't have need to answer his call as well.

I'd heard, it can be quite a headache for some organizers. I remember venom81 actually had to apologize to his clients and made a loss for a shoot when Fiona failed to turn up.

There was no commitment to any third party for my shoot. It was simply a one-on-one shoot. With no studio and no MUA involved, I didn't get into any further problem. If I am an organizer this morning I'd be in real deep sh*t now.

Usually i won't straight jump and invest in a theme with a model i am not familiar with. If the model is easy to work with and always keep her word i do not mind investing further in a theme and marnie on sets, props, costumes etc. Worse if you organize a group photoshoot and your models are ex supermarine spitfire ace pilots your reputation as an organize go down the drain man.

Photography takes a sharp turn, usually when you goes into potraits, theme and people i guess.

calling a model a service provider just sounds very very very very wrong.

just a random thought.

Bro, service provider is a general term. It is a service that was to be traded, not goods mah. Teaching, repairing, consulting all also services rendered and it includes modelling.

Eh... Dun think until off track hor, Ming Dynasty Emperor.

calling a model a service provider just sounds very very very very wrong.

just a random thought.

Like what TS stated in the first post conclusion,
1.) If said moller has kids at home and no one is there to take care of them,
this moller shouldn't have taken up the assignment in the first place.

Well, you didn't even keep track of the appointment time and TS waited nearly 1/2 hour and only after few sms (even way back before stated time) ,calls then you sms back with your reason. Time taken smsing took less time than a polite phone call to inform TS?

Refer to 1st point. Or simply stay at home and be a full-time house-wife.

You are afraid of anyone with ulterior motive and you stated no semi-nude, can you mind telling me why almost 100% of your portfolio in Model mayhem are in bra and panties? What do you think your potential clients are looking for?

As mentioned by vince123123, put that line in whatever thread you have and other forum like MH.

Status
Not open for further replies.