A bad moller shoot

Status
Not open for further replies.
I took time to read this thread. As an outsider of the case, i certainly feel for the photographer, and i do sympathize the lady as well. Perhaps, why not just chill and take a step back to learn from the incident.

No one is perfect i guess...

on the part of being a parent, i guess sometimes when something happens to a child, the parent may feel lost for a while. Especially so when the child is very young and incapable to even walk or talk. The kido can only cry and cry and cry like no tomorrow.

as for the service provider tag, it usually refers to a communication company or a large corporate offering a service.

Yup, true. I did learn from this incident.

I learnt not to engage this moller any more.

Oh, and I mentioned, there is nothing wrong to being a good parent. It is the work attitude that is the topic of discussion here. Nobody wants a child to be sick. Unreliability of assignment commitment is bad, using child's situation for sympathy points is even worse.

Let's move on then. Both sides had already made known their side of the event.

I took time to read this thread. As an outsider of the case, i certainly feel for the photographer, and i do sympathize the lady as well. Perhaps, why not just chill and take a step back to learn from the incident.

No one is perfect i guess...

on the part of being a parent, i guess sometimes when something happens to a child, the parent may feel lost for a while. Especially so when the child is very young and incapable to even walk or talk. The kido can only cry and cry and cry like no tomorrow.

as for the service provider tag, it usually refers to a communication company or a large corporate offering a service.

Is this "Fiona" the same one who goes by the name "MissyFiona" here?

I'd heard, it can be quite a headache for some organizers. I remember venom81 actually had to apologize to his clients and made a loss for a shoot when Fiona failed to turn up.

There was no commitment to any third party for my shoot. It was simply a one-on-one shoot. With no studio and no MUA involved, I didn't get into any further problem. If I am an organizer this morning I'd be in real deep sh*t now.

Just wondering, isn't there another parent around as well?

Hey all, I feel both sides are rather at fault to a certain extent... For one... i agree that the model should call and inform even if her son did fall sick about an hour prior to the shoot. BUt as a parent, I'm sure she was super worried about her child and prob that's where she forgot to inform the photog.

Secondly, I think the photog should have given her a chance and at least not post her name online as that would ruin her chances of getting other assignments.. maybe this was just a one off thing?? Let's stop to think about this.. she's a mother n yet she still has to do modelling? She prob has some form of financial difficulty and just because of one bad case like that, you ruin her chances to get other assignments? I think it's abit unfair and ungentlemanly lo.. I've been stood up and cancelled last min by models too but i didn't go to the extent of doing all this.

I do not know the model personally but after reading the whole thing, I feel it's unfair to both but i pity the model slightly more.. Just my 2 cents worth

Actually, I disagree that the photographer is at fault. If as you say, and if you take the view that you are willing to give the mother another chance after hearing both sides of the story, then nothing untoward has happened.

The TS has taken the view that he does not appreciate it, and has therefore posted the story so that others can make their own assessment. By asking the TS to bury the incident, you are depriving the rest of the same knowledge.

People will read and make their own conclusions. Some may be like you and indeed give the model another chance. Others may not. But to ask someone to keep quiet about it, people will not be able to make that assessment because that information is not available at all.

What needs to be distinguished is emotional assessment and logical assessment. I don't think that you can say it is unfair or ungentlemanly. What is unfair? The photographer waiting for the model is considered by you to be unfair? What is gentlemanly? Is the model in your view, behaving like a lady?

Just because you are willing to forget such transgressions does not mean that everyone can. Hence, information should be available so that each individual can make their own assessment. Responses and assessment based on emotion is in my view, not a good way to go.

Hey all, I feel both sides are rather at fault to a certain extent... For one... i agree that the model should call and inform even if her son did fall sick about an hour prior to the shoot. BUt as a parent, I'm sure she was super worried about her child and prob that's where she forgot to inform the photog.

Secondly, I think the photog should have given her a chance and at least not post her name online as that would ruin her chances of getting other assignments.. maybe this was just a one off thing?? Let's stop to think about this.. she's a mother n yet she still has to do modelling? She prob has some form of financial difficulty and just because of one bad case like that, you ruin her chances to get other assignments? I think it's abit unfair and ungentlemanly lo.. I've been stood up and cancelled last min by models too but i didn't go to the extent of doing all this.

I do not know the model personally but after reading the whole thing, I feel it's unfair to both but i pity the model slightly more.. Just my 2 cents worth

Last edited by a moderator:
Bros, I think the thread has served the purpose of stating the facts of the event.
Both parties have voiced their views here. Olivia has no more input, neither do I.

Let's move on. Tomorrow's a better day.

I shall close this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.