8080 - 2 weeks time

Status
Not open for further replies.

ed9119

Staff member
Mar 11, 2002
Singapore
www.walkeast.com
dropped by Cathay and my regular salesman said that its going to be about 2 weeks before they get stock.

no indication of price but said that its lower in price than the 828

the new 5mp Leica/Panasonic is in stock for about a week already....... $1800 (Panasonic)

i heard from Cathay that it should be in by next week with price tag of S$1700 included GST.

now hard choice for me....should i get a 2nd hand 5060 for $950+ or should I fork out the extra few hundred for a new 8080 or even an 828....

the Sony 828 price for new set has dropped to $1600 at Cathay.

ed

in today's IT SHOW 2004 guide, there is the picture of c8080 on pg 20, with price not available. is olympus going to sell this model in the show?

Matrix said:
Hi ed,

If my memory served me right, are you the guys that bought my C5060? :dunno: :D

no, i think you sold it already when i called to enquire.

ed

macross said:
in today's IT SHOW 2004 guide, there is the picture of c8080 on pg 20, with price not available. is olympus going to sell this model in the show?

yes. launching.

In today's ST. Going at $1899 at the IT Show. No mention of free gifts.

Sighted at AP. It's HUGE!!!! I'll stick to 5050 till they come out with a brighter lens. largest f2.4, 5x optical zoom starting from 28mm

ed9119 said:
dropped by Cathay and my regular salesman said that its going to be about 2 weeks before they get stock.

no indication of price but said that its lower in price than the 828

the new 5mp Leica/Panasonic is in stock for about a week already....... $1800 (Panasonic)

Are u refering to the new 5-megapixel Panasonic DMC-LC1? In the store already and selling for S$1,800? Too good to be true 'cos according to dpreview, the street price is US$1,500 and that works out to about $2,565. Even if it's cheaper in Singapore, it should be at least $2,200.

redstorm said:
Are u refering to the new 5-megapixel Panasonic DMC-LC1? In the store already and selling for S$1,800? Too good to be true 'cos according to dpreview, the street price is US$1,500 and that works out to about $2,565. Even if it's cheaper in Singapore, it should be at least $2,200.

Got quote of 1650SGD including GST for LC1 ... not as ex as u expect. Warranty included as well. Just that this quote is from a "blacklisted" shop in SLS

slacker said:
Got quote of 1650SGD including GST for LC1 ... not as ex as u expect. Warranty included as well. Just that this quote is from a "blacklisted" shop in SLS

a friend of mine told me that the 8080 is already available in AP. don ask me about price, he didn't ask and i'm out of town currently..... :think:

IT show is selling the 8080 with 256mb, tripod, camera case all in S$1899 :D
tomorrow is the last day...... :D :heart:

OOOO exciting times!

Hi Matrix,

You sold the cam to me. :) I'm very please with the cam and the pics... :D

Cheers!

Matrix said:
Hi ed,

If my memory served me right, are you the guys that bought my C5060? :dunno: :D

tky said:
Hi Matrix,

You sold the cam to me. :) I'm very please with the cam and the pics... :D

Cheers!

oh I remember liao. Last time too many ppls ask and test water..... :bsmilie:

I am very happy you like it.

C-720 said:
IT show is selling the 8080 with 256mb, tripod, camera case all in S$1899 :D
tomorrow is the last day...... :D :heart:

8080 going for $1899.

Freebies :
2 pcs of 256Mb CF
Additional lithium battery
Tripod
Cam case.

Pretty good deal.
5050 - the well covetted fstop 1.8.
5060 - nice wide 27mm and 4x tele. f2.8-4.8. improved responsiveness.

8080 - 28mm wide to 140mm tele (5x optical). f2.4-f3.5. very fast start up response. everyone loves a long-nose with lens hood. ;)

How many of you out there have bought this camera? Would like to know how's the image quality and the camera performance. How's the noise level at high ISO like 200 ~ 400?

Need some feed back, thanks.

Thinking of upgrading to this 8080 model. Anyone interested in my 5060 in standard package including filters? ;p

Happen to pass by CP yesterday and pop in to ask them about the price. Quoted me at 1.75K, it's it ok to buy or is there any place cheaper such as MS or AP? Anybody know the price?

Status
Not open for further replies.