8 Milo peng per second ... Thread XXII - buy buy buy................ - Will03

Status
Not open for further replies.
u also can mah... get the original 1D/1Ds. Definately within budget. ;)

:bsmilie: actually i planning to go from my current 10D to a fordee-D... :)

:bsmilie: actually i planning to go from my current 10D to a fordee-D... :)

Good choice too. But for $2.7K can get a 1D2, which is also good especially got 1.3x and 8fps.:lovegrin:

Good choice too. But for $2.7K can get a 1D2, which is also good especially got 1.3x and 8fps.:lovegrin:

hehe, i am still considering my budgets.. :)

trying to keep it around ~$2k.. haha

For mi, my main thing is $$$. Below $3K for 1D2 I can justify to use it until I get the 1/D3, then I juz let it be my backup, especially if I sell my 30D for it it's would be below $2K (hopefully).

Nikon D3 is perfect for me. FF for weddings and Dx crop for sports and birding (which I dun need to much rez aniway) issue is that shutter noise gonna be loud (ok, 1D3 is loud as well if not for the "soft-shutter" function), not suitable for theater/performances. The last time I used my 30D in theater, kenna scolding by audience. :(

mk2 price has dropped crazily :sweat:
I was tempted to sell my mk2 for a 5D :sweatsm:
One thing is e weight & noise at 3200 & 6400

I took the leap.. now your turn .. :p

But warning - 1 series very poisonous... going back to something lower would make you think twice :bsmilie:

my wifey want me to go straight to 1D3.... no new toys for me this year. :cry:

mk2 price has dropped crazily :sweat:
I was tempted to sell my mk2 for a 5D :sweatsm:
One thing is e weight & noise at 3200 & 6400

I sianz for the waiting game for 1D3. And at this time (8 months into 18months cycle), I'm not willing to pay $6K+. :( I expect the price to drop like crazy next year.

my wifey want me to go straight to 1D3.... no new toys for me this year. :cry:

You got a very good wife cos she encourage you to buy a good camera. I got a friend whose wife face black black when he went out shooting. I also worry to go out with him shooting liao.

You got a very good wife cos she encourage you to buy a good camera. I got a friend whose wife face black black when he went out shooting. I also worry to go out with him shooting liao.

u tink my wifey face not black when I go shooting meh. :(:sweat:

get mk2/n first lor...

the usual dilemma,

1D2 > too used/abused but affordable
1D2n > price too close to 1D3 relatively speaking since I already have budget for 1D3
1D3 > Dun feel like paying $6K++ for a cam halfway into it's product life cycle.. also D3 is coming soon. Again, expect competiton for heat up for this segment in the next year.

5D > gonna be replaced soon, no dust buster, not for sports/birding. one of the "cheaper" option using 5D for wedding and 30D for sports/birding..except the %@##$@ AF on the mentioned cams SUXXs.

D3 > need to spend $15K+ for a new system :sweat: really have to think very hard to maintain dual system.

Status
Not open for further replies.