7D reset itself 2 times

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drudkh

Mar 2, 2004
lulu island
What I meant reset as in like Master reset. Every setting back to default and prompted me for date entry. Happened twice. Not sure what lead to this. First time was just after my shutter count went pass 10K, last night after my moon shoot, happened again.

:think:

Drudkh said:
What I meant reset as in like Master reset. Every setting back to default and prompted me for date entry. Happened twice. Not sure what lead to this. First time was just after my shutter count went pass 10K, last night after my moon shoot, happened again.

mine also few times liao... hence i din program my [1] [2] [3] cos i scared set liao den later forget... haha...

so i normally rely on experience... only thing is must set the focus hold & rest of the features all over again...

could be the internal battery weak? if i am correct, 7d has an internal battery so that the camera can store all the settings.

Yupe, mine happened > twice, but < 5 times... now seldom... guess what UY79 quoted valid... if this handling is avoided and yet still occuring, then, send in for check up it must.

Looks like I a not the only one now... brought up this matter quite sometime ago...

Cheers...

Drudkh said:

Yes I got that recently as well.... It has happened to me 2-3 times already.. but the data in the CF card still ok. Actually I always take out the batteries but it does not reset... I think on the occasions it reset, my camera died on me as the battery was exhausted... perhaps it had no time to register the data before the camera shut down...

Thanks guys for the reply.

UY79, I didn't remove the batteries before it resets. Guess, I'll have to send for checkup when I have the time. When it resets, my shutter count (file numbering) was resetted too. :(

Thanks guys, I thought I was the only guy. :p

Drudkh said:

It could be a dead Super cap(Capacitor) or either they use an internal battery that has gone flat.

Dies it still happen?? If Yes - Looks like you need to bring it to KM Hospital.

rgds,
Sulhan

No more so far. See how it goes.

My 7D reset but when I put in the date and time again, it's ok... has not happened since the last time... I just did some test shooting yesterday and it was ok. Really strange!

Drudkh said:
Thanks guys for the reply.

UY79, I didn't remove the batteries before it resets. Guess, I'll have to send for checkup when I have the time. When it resets, my shutter count (file numbering) was resetted too. :(

Thanks guys, I thought I was the only guy. :p
weird, after i set the file # numbering to remember, my counter is back! :think:

Drudkh said:
weird, after i set the file # numbering to remember, my counter is back! :think:

Hi Drudkh,

I encountered the same situation as yours... but may not be the same cause though, for your ref. only...

When it reset itself and after I punched in the date, counter suddenly started from 00000 :eek:
but realised that from the start (before it resets), my folder setting is always on DATE format, not the default one. And when it reset, folder naming syst. is back to default vers., which is not DATE form and counter (for my case) starts with 00000. And when I switch to DATE formate, dadaaaaang... shutter counter back to the correct figure.

Check it out!

-7- said:
Hi Drudkh,

I encountered the same situation as yours... but may not be the same cause though, for your ref. only...

When it reset itself and after I punched in the date, counter suddenly started from 00000 :eek:
but realised that from the start (before it resets), my folder setting is always on DATE format, not the default one. And when it reset, folder naming syst. is back to default vers., which is not DATE form and counter (for my case) starts with 00000. And when I switch to DATE formate, dadaaaaang... shutter counter back to the correct figure.

Check it out!
Yah, that's roughly what I did, it remembered my last counter number before it resets. heehee... not bad la. ;p

Status
Not open for further replies.