70-200mm 2.8 L is v.2 OR f4 is + 5dii

build a decision matrix. assign points between 1 to 10 for each factor you would consider. exclude pricing as a factor.

finally take the accumulated points for each choice and divide by the price each choice commands.

whichever choice with the higher points per dollars is your best value choice. don't need to wring hands. logic and rationality solve for you

Problem comes when the matrix indicates f4, but heart yearns f2.8
This is probably the case in many situations :bsmilie:

TS... pretty easy to choose.

Go out, rent both lens and have a taste of how they feel, the photo IQ they take and can you handle the weigh of the lenses.

For me... the f2.8L is a much desired lens... but the weight put me off... so I gotten myself the f4L. Although at times, I regret my decision... not that f4L is a bad lens... it is just that I always drool at something I don't have :)

I'm battling with this question as well.. the f2.8 is so good to have, but such a pain to carry around... :bsmilie: if you need the f2.8, maybe the 200mm f2.8 will be better? Others may disagree with me though.. no 'zoom'. :bsmilie:

Read this online article that suggested getting a 70-200 f4 and 200mm f2.8 combo instead.. almost the same price as a 70-200 f2.8 but so much lighter to use at any one time. :p

I'm still pondering on this question as well... But based on my feelings, I'm leaning more towards 70-200 f2.8 (Sigma). But the weight is pulling me to the FF direction.. Will be trying the lens out soon..

F4 + 5D3! lol! for me, weight would be the issue and since high ISO on the mk3 is :bigeyes: !

I shot using f4 on ISO 6400. That's when f2.8 die die also have to come in. Shutter was 1/100

giantcanopy said:
Problem comes when the matrix indicates f4, but heart yearns f2.8
This is probably the case in many situations :bsmilie:

Disney channel has taught me to follow my heart....

daredevil123 said:
my dream is have a helicopter... it is in my heart.. now must follow. Disney say one.

Eh must
Remember to give me a ride ah xD