5D vs 7D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ramius75 said:
ok, will take note. :)

No point taking notes, because everybody will give you a different piece of opinion ...... just buy lah!!:bsmilie:

Ramius75 said:
@ 5D owners.

Hi, read about some reviews that the Autofocus isnt very accurate. Is that a real problem?
Also whats the startup time for the 5D ? Thanks :D
The AF isn't absolutely the best, u'll get OOF shots on and off. But den again, for a relatively slow & leisurely shooter, its ok with me. :)

Unless I'm doing events, which I'll curse & swear if I miss a fast scene or OOF for an important shot. So far have is have, but very rare. :)

Autofocus inconsistency is not uncommon for all camera brand including C and N, of course PRO body tend to have much better AF consistency, but you pay about 3 times the price.

One should not rely too much on AF (consistency & speed) for their important shot. Pre focus the shot and understand your subject helps...

Hart

Agetan said:
Autofocus inconsistency is not uncommon for all camera brand including C and N, of course PRO body tend to have much better AF consistency, but you pay about 3 times the price.

One should not rely too much on AF (consistency & speed) for their important shot. Pre focus the shot and understand your subject helps...

Hart

ya... shoot MF is best...

Shooting MF is the way, but requires skills and experience. Experience in terms of how well you know the event, and anticipanting whats gonna happen next.

Also why not switch your focusing mode to DMF?? It will auto-focus first, then the camera will allow you to fine-tune focusing point manually.

dynaxattack said:
Shooting MF is the way, but requires skills and experience. Experience in terms of how well you know the event, and anticipanting whats gonna happen next.

Also why not switch your focusing mode to DMF?? It will auto-focus first, then the camera will allow you to fine-tune focusing point manually.

DMF is only for ppl who got time lor, for slow focusing lens, its even worse... i tried it, only works if u have posed shots, and u AF the face, then u DMF to focus the eyes.

... i remember a setting like switching your camera to fully M (on the dial on the camera) den use the AF/MF button to toggle, meaning, u press the AF/MF button & 1/2 press the shutter den it AF, else its MF...

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
... i remember a setting like switching your camera to fully M (on the dial on the camera) den use the AF/MF button to toggle, meaning, u press the AF/MF button & 1/2 press the shutter den it AF, else its MF...

Can oso, can oso....:D all different approaches for different preferences. ;)

jsbn said:
The AF isn't absolutely the best, u'll get OOF shots on and off. But den again, for a relatively slow & leisurely shooter, its ok with me. :)

Unless I'm doing events, which I'll curse & swear if I miss a fast scene or OOF for an important shot. So far have is have, but very rare. :)

I see, thanks, so even if getting the 7D or any camera(eg. 350D) there still will be such problem ?

Ramius75 said:
I see, thanks, so even if getting the 7D or any camera(eg. 350D) there still will be such problem ?

ya.. esp with slow lenses... i mean those lower aperture ones... at darker places... or at objects with many planes at the focusing point... for eg... focus face, but ended up focus the tip of nose, or lips or eyes, depending on position...

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
ya.. esp with slow lenses... i mean those lower aperture ones... at darker places... or at objects with many planes at the focusing point... for eg... focus face, but ended up focus the tip of nose, or lips or eyes, depending on position...

true true. maybe need to get 1 camera 1st and experiment around.

Status
Not open for further replies.