Status
Not open for further replies.
Care please share with us which company you had this misunderstanding with.... treat it as consumer feedback

Actually I'm doubtful of the correct characters too.. but did a google search of "货不对板" and there are many results to many websites and some are chinese news sites.. so I presume the characters is correct..

Anyway.. felt so cheated by the company.. paid a higher price for cheesecake but got sponge cake..:(

Pay peanuts get sotong cake. sotong because they act blur.

Next time, buy from shangrilla. I believe in the quality at shang. Also, some small time high end cake boutiques are pretty good too. Eg. The Patissier

Don't cakes always come with a wooden board underneath? :bsmilie:

糕不对板。Ur first version spot on! :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

The cake cost around $35 for a 20cm diameter size when the normal cake cost only ~$27. I just consider it as expenses for lesson learnt.. althou still have the feeling of being cheated. :(

Have sent sample of the cake to the shop so that they can verify the issue/feedback and give me a reply. The customer at least deserve an explanation right.. But no reply from them at all..

Called the Main Office, and explained to the phone operator about the "unwelcomed" durian taste in addition to the issue of sponge cake passing off as cheesecake. The operator say something to the tune of

1. "We don't make those 'American cheesecakes'. All our cheese cake are vanilla sponge cake with mild cheese favored fillings. This is Normal". Ya, as if customers are supposed to be aware of that.

2. "We're famous for our durian cakes, so it is inevitable/natural that our cakes may be enriched with durian smell (Technicially I'll use the term contaminated)". Apparently, they seems to be quite proud of being able to contaminate their products with durian smell.

Wow.. so it is customer's fault for not knowing that their "cheesecakes" is actually vanilla sponge cake with cheese favored fillings. And it is also the customer's fault to assume that the cakes should have no taste of durian (or any other unaccounted taste) knowing that they are "Singapore's No. 1 Durian cake maker".

It had been quite a while and there have not a single reply from them. Apparently they are not sincere about resolving the issue. So, let this threads serves as customer feedback for consumer awareness.

Can't believe that a well known brand that claimed to be "Singapore's No. 1 Durian cake maker" (http://www.emicakes.com.sg/) can resort to passing off sponge cake as cheesecake, and also have no proper facility to ensure no cross contamination of favorings.

The cake cost around $35 for a 20cm diameter size when the normal cake cost only ~$27. I just consider it as expenses for lesson learnt.. althou still have the feeling of being cheated. :(

Have sent sample of the cake to the shop so that they can verify the issue/feedback and give me a reply. The customer at least deserve an explanation right.. But no reply from them at all..

Called the Main Office, and explained to the phone operator about the "unwelcomed" durian taste in addition to the issue of sponge cake passing off as cheesecake. The operator say something to the tune of

1. "We don't make those 'American cheesecakes'. All our cheese cake are vanilla sponge cake with mild cheese favored fillings. This is Normal". Ya, as if customers are supposed to be aware of that.

2. "We're famous for our durian cakes, so it is inevitable/natural that our cakes may be enriched with durian smell (Technicially I'll use the term contaminated)". Apparently, they seems to be quite proud of being able to contaminate their products with durian smell.

Wow.. so it is customer's fault for not knowing that their "cheesecakes" is actually vanilla sponge cake with cheese favored fillings. And it is also the customer's fault to assume that the cakes should have no taste of durian (or any other unaccounted taste) knowing that they are "Singapore's No. 1 Durian cake maker".

It had been quite a while and there have not a single reply from them. Apparently they are not sincere about resolving the issue. So, let this threads serves as customer feedback for consumer awareness.

Can't believe that a well known brand that claimed to be "Singapore's No. 1 Durian cake maker" (http://www.emicakes.com.sg/) can resort to passing off sponge cake as cheesecake, and also have no proper facility to ensure no cross contamination of favorings.

u spoke to her?

livechat_offline.gif

thanks for the thread...I had never patronised them before and probably never will after seeing this thread...:thumbsd:

Thanks for sharing this with us bro. This bakery is simply unprofessional. Although I've not patronise them before, I never will anyway!

Eww...I wonder how strawberry with durian tastes like. :thumbsd:

Nope.. didn't managed to. Either it's offline or repeatedly getting the message "you are next in queue, we will response to you as soon as possible" every minute for about 30mins then finally give up.

Call the main office tel instead.

u spoke to her?

livechat_offline.gif

Here is another one: 挂羊头, 卖狗肉。
挂杨桃蛋糕, 卖海綿蛋糕。:bsmilie:

its still Cheese(sponge)cake mah...

Got Cheese, Got Cake then must be Cheesecake...

for a moment there... I read it as GOAT CHEESE. :bsmilie::bsmilie:

since when its 杨桃?
Sorry sir! Correction,
Here is another one: 挂羊头, 卖狗肉。
挂芝士蛋糕, 卖海綿蛋糕。:)

Status
Not open for further replies.