50mm Challenge #2 @ Little india (Monday 6 Oct 8am)

This has always been an idea I toyed with - including limiting ISO to 200 so as "feel" closer to limitations of film cameras. 50mm, ISO 200, 36 exposures.

Good idea for the next challenge!

why not just use film camera? no need to "feel"

Think for those who just embarked on their photography journey probably only have digital cameras.

What can I say? I can't quite afford a Hasselblad like you ;)

There are plenty of cheap film slr, e.g Pentax K1000. Even with a pretty decent 50/2 prime lens, usually they will only cost S$100- on ebay. If you really like the "feel" of film camera, why not spend a little money to try one?

sorry guys, wont be able to make it this time. have fun!

1. wormz777
2. B-setting
3. David
4. Dion
5. canonmono
6. winnie
7. Norman
8. Inteliduy
9. Mano
10. Richard
11. jeffrey
12. johnny li
13. catchlights
14. Sing55

you can shooting digital camera like a film camera, just use everything in manual mode,

manual focusing,
manual exposure mode,
no switching of ISO, pick one and stick thru out the whole outing
use preset white balance, pick one and stick thru out the whole outing, or you can use Kelvin temperatures just like using 80, 81, 82, 85 series of filters
don't use any in camera sharpening,
don't oversaturate your picture mode,
shoot in small JPG, and at the lowest quality,
disable monitor preview and no chimping,

this is even cheaper than spending on a film camera and burn some films.

wow I am excited about this. too bad I can't join this time round, hope there'll be a 50mm challenge #3. Enjoy guys.

Big thanks to wormz for organizing the shoot. It was great! I love the idea of having a theme to focus on as opposed to roaming around without one.

And it was good to see several of the familiar names from CS in person. Good sharing, hope to participate more in future! Looking forward to the thread where we can share the photos and learn! I'm curious to see some of the shots that many of the photogs were keenly composing.

Also, here are some ideas for a next theme if you are organizing another shoot:-
Movement,
Laughter,
Frame within a frame,
Something (colour)

Cheers,
Norman.

Last edited:
Group photo, after the shoot, at Tekka Market. Thanks Andrew for organizing :)
CIMG0599a.jpg

Thanks guys for taking time out this morning to join the challenge :) I had great fun and hope you did as well.

Being the first time I am organising, I've got a lot to learn:
1) Remember to take group shot at the start (Thanks zaren for the group pic!)
2) Set the itinerary and ensure everyone knows the plan (I think we lost 1/2 the group at 9.30am, hence the group photo by zaren only got 8 of us when there are like 16 bros with us today - My sincere apologies to those not in the photo!)
3) Late in setting up thread for all to share the fruits of their labour today!

On pt 3, "pai say"! Was on family mode since I got home till now. Please post the best 3 shots of your challenge today at the following link :)
http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1454481

Good ideas from Norman! Guess you got greats shots today and that you must itching to shoot more. Wanna lead the next challenge? :think:

Last edited: