Photos from 50mm Challenge #2 @ Little india

Nice photo challenge and nice series of shots!

Looks like a lot of experts in the outing too. :)

thanks for the comments for #2, guys, and to Teng Kiat for his storyline.
it was quite a fortuitous shot in the unloading area of Tekka Market.
tk, the "flipped" shot can be found here... http://gallery.clubsnap.com/data/500/CIMG0527b.jpg

Last edited:
zaren #1

zaren #2
CIMG0527a.jpg

zaren #3

the rest of the photos can be found here; http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1454538
Likes!! :)

zaren #2
CIMG0527a.jpg

This is seriously eye catching. The colors, the reflection etc. One word to sum it up...Beautiful.

It's not always easy to get interesting subjects through the window frame of a vehicle, but you did a great job here, capturing a decisive moment of happiness!

Thank you, will try shoot streets photography more often to keep my skills sharp. ;)

spotted them at the coffee shop, so look for some interesting viewpoint to capture them other than shooting people in close up, try to incorporate design elements to make the photos interesting.

This should be titled "Kopi Break". I am assuming one of them is the lorry driver :):thumbsup:

I'm not sure about this, but happy to see good friends enjoy a morning kopi together. :)

Here are some so-so shots to share...

2. Holy break.
15269989220_1817989988_b.jpg

i like this shot best of the 3 you posted. good eye contact and clean composition which gives context to the subject.
i think there is scope to tweak the b&w contrast and tones of the image to make the man stand out more in the image.

Last edited:
#1 - Where is the bus?

Practically the last shot of the day. Saw this lady just when I was crossing over to return to the rest of the group. She was positioned perfectly. It was literally, run and gun from the hip. Glad it came out alright.

Where's the bus? by Norman Selvaraju, on Flickr

nicely captured.... i like the woman's expression and posture here :)

These are my 3 faves from yesterday!

in the second shot you certainly captured the gentleman engrossed in a world of his own.
not too sure if the post processing works for me though, perhaps a tad too much vignetting and darkening for my liking :)

These are my 3 faves from yesterday!

I like the first one of the man with the phone.
A very natural expression and a warm smile softens the photo quite a lot. However, the processing seems slightly overdone and his skin tone seems a little off. But great shot, though.

How close were you, btw?

in the second shot you certainly captured the gentleman engrossed in a world of his own. not too sure if the post processing works for me though, perhaps a tad too much vignetting and darkening for my liking :)

Thanks! Hahaha I actually think he was blinking when I captured that shot but it somehow looks a little serene. Anyway ok thanks for the advice I do think I may have processed them a little much now gahaha

I like the first one of the man with the phone. A very natural expression and a warm smile softens the photo quite a lot. However, the processing seems slightly overdone and his skin tone seems a little off. But great shot, though. How close were you, btw?
Ahhaha thanks! I liked the way he looked at the other side as well! He was looking at someone else's camera at that time (I think zaren) so I just took the shot from the side.
I think I was about 1-2m from him? I can't remember that clearly
Anyway yeap thanks for the advice! I guess I over processed the photos as well. I was hoping to give them more vibrancy and contrast to show the colours of little India

my one and only....promise will shoot more the next time.

Last edited:
Little india, Singapore September 2014.

My name is Mano Comat, i do street photography. I thank the organizer and the rest who joined that made it happen. Hopefully will meet again. I shot using Nikon FM10 50mm, fuji superia 400. Out of 40 frames, 3 best frames was pick for this thread.

Open to any comments and critics, thank you.

#1 flic.kr/p/pjdQzg
#2 flic.kr/p/pjcbAK
#3 flic.kr/p/pjBU5C

Last edited: