50mm and 35mm ?

yoshi82

Mar 20, 2011
hi there im pretty new few my d90 just wanna ask u guys , it i have a 50mm 1.8 already is it ok if i get a 35mm 1.8 will it be pretty much the same or .. ?
thx in advance

I own both 50 and 35mm lens. For 50 mm is more for portrait shot cos of it narrow focal Len compare with 35 of cos with more narrow focal length it will create better boken in portrait.

For 35mm is more for general indoor or low light where u don't have a big space to move ard so with slight wide focal length in 35 u will get better in your composition compare with a narrow 50mm.

hi there im pretty new few my d90 just wanna ask u guys , it i have a 50mm 1.8 already is it ok if i get a 35mm 1.8 will it be pretty much the same or .. ?
thx in advance

fyi, i pair a 24mm with a 50mm on my cropped body..
with 35mm indoor, there is little back room to move back to get more into the frame..

I think every DX shooter shd have a 35mm f1.8 DX lens, it's really very good.

fyi, i pair a 24mm with a 50mm on my cropped body..
with 35mm indoor, there is little back room to move back to get more into the frame..

I think a 24mm pair with a 50mm is great on the D90. An alternative is to use the 35mm with the 85mm. I'll go with the 24mm & 85mm!

Sigma 24mm 1.8 / Nikkor 24mm 2.8 / Nikkor 24mm 1.4

85mm 1.8 / 1.4 / Sigma 85mm 1.4 / Samyang 85mm 1.4

Classic recommendation - skip 1 focal length to get meaningful difference. For example: 24mm (28) 35 (50) 85 (105) 135 etc. () means skip. If money not an issue then the recommendation changes to buy the best you can afford in the range.

50/1.8 is cheap, 35/1.8 is not unaffordable. Should get both.

Akatsuki said:
That is of course Sir, u can also use 10mm fisheye and 600mm tele for both portrait and landscape. It's individual.

Of course sir, just that u will get a stretch faces with FE lens and need a long clear path with the 600mm. To each his own.

cichlid said:

I don't. I had one but sold it after a couple of months.

It's more of a matter of style of shooting. It's a very good lens, but if it doesn't suit your style of shooting, you'll just waste your money on it.

I don't. I had one but sold it after a couple of months.

It's more of a matter of style of shooting. It's a very good lens, but if it doesn't suit your style of shooting, you'll just waste your money on it.

haha, to each his own, so TS have to decide which 1 he likes better.