500D vs D5000

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was hesitating between 500d and d5000 as well till I went to the shop and tried out both.
500d is lighter and better colour quality as compared to d5000 so I got 500d. So far, I'm very impressed by it. You will never go wrong choosing that. :)

All camera's are great these days. It's the entire package, lens, accessories, service etc that one should also consider. Being a newbie to DSLR can make this challenging so also looking at what your friends or immediate circle of peers are using can also factor into your decision.

Canon also a free training session for their camera bodies so that could also be a consideration. I'm sure Nikon does but not so familiar with them.

I was hesitating between 500d and d5000 as well till I went to the shop and tried out both.
500d is lighter and better colour quality as compared to d5000 so I got 500d. So far, I'm very impressed by it. You will never go wrong choosing that. :)

How is the performance of the video? Is it difficult to use? Thanks:)

for DSLR those video mode are not even industry standard.

The Full HD logo you seen in most camera represent that it can output video up to 1080p HDTV but until now there is no cameras in market that can shoot till FULL HD as you will need at least 3 cmos sensor to do as what canon and sony professional camera can do.
You need a lot of pixel counts to do Full HD recording not like what you do in a DSLR.

Video and Pictures are difference.

you need a minimum of 25fps speed for really good enough motion for video so basically till now, video cameras are of better choice. Plus video camera can support stereo or surround audio but DSLR or still camera can only support monoaural sound.

How is the performance of the video? Is it difficult to use? Thanks:)

It's pretty good and the sound is clear. Basically I can't find anything to pick on so far. I'm still a newbie on P mode, have not really tried the M settings yet but I find the overall user-friendly. :)

I think I will be using the video feature alot. Which one will perform better?

I think I will be using the video feature alot. Which one will perform better?

Take an SD card with you to a store and try them out? You can take the recorded video home and compare the difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.