450D, when will the release date be?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought from Parisilk the moment they got their stock last friday lunch time. Body only - $1068 before GST. Comes with 4GB card and all usual useless stuff like the magazines and booklets.

That's a good deal, is that price on limited or grey stock? I'm not in Singapore and thinking of asking a friend to bring the 450D over for me instead of waiting till I go to the US this summer.

be aware though, bargincity is not an authorised dealer of CSC. if u kena faulty set, not guranteed can change 1 to 1. :(

anyone brought from bargain city? sounds like a really good deal.. wonder if should wait for the coming IT show or to just grab it now..

OP just quoted me $1360 for the kit today. I believe the price will drop once more stocks come in. At this price, I would rather get the grey 40D body at $1500 esp since i won't need the kit lens.

OP just quoted me $1360 for the kit today. I believe the price will drop once more stocks come in. At this price, I would rather get the grey 40D body at $1500 esp since i won't need the kit lens.

Ya... I think once the initial craze dies off and more stocks come in... prices shld drop. Guess I'll just hold onto my 350D and wait for the PC show to come. By then, bugs, if any shld be retified liao
;)

Ya... I think once the initial craze dies off and more stocks come in... prices shld drop. Guess I'll just hold onto my 350D and wait for the PC show to come. By then, bugs, if any shld be retified liao
;)

when is the next pc show?

I just tested the 450D at Vivocity.

Really like the ergonomics and overfeel of the camera. Canon also incorporated the 1D menu interface, making it very comparable to the 40D.

now the price for 40D drop liao... another dilemma as to wat to get... haiz...

still leaning towards 450D maybe cos of the weight... but the scroll wheel and the speed of 40D really very tempting oso..

WOW..! 40D price Dropped...!

Tempting.... ... .. .

WOW..! 40D price Dropped...!

Tempting.... ... .. .

yesterday, i was quoted $1500 for the 40D body only (grey set) at OP - wondering if that price will drop further now ;p. Maybe only after new stocks come in.

I caved in. :(

The larger viewfinder, visible ISO setting in viewfinder, improved ergonomics, better high ISO performance (an extremely important criterion for me), availability of live view (for macro and manual focusing) and usable contrast-based AF (to check focus accuracy and to AF with f/8 or slower setups) pushed me over the fence.

I believe once I have an IS macro lens, my setup can be considered complete for years to come.... OK, that was what I said a year ago too. :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

one thing to ask, their is the flash sync which is at 1/200 for the built flash of the 450D.. will it be the max when use with a speedlite?

one thing to ask, their is the flash sync which is at 1/200 for the built flash of the 450D.. will it be the max when use with a speedlite?

No, 1/200 is NOT the max with external speedlite. You need only activate high speed sync on the sppedlite and you'll be able to use the flash at ALL shutter speeds (Page 16 of 430EX guide).

I caved in. :(

The larger viewfinder, visible ISO setting in viewfinder, improved ergonomics, better high ISO performance (an extremely important criterion for me), availability of live view (for macro and manual focusing) and usable contrast-based AF (to check focus accuracy and to AF with f/8 or slower setups) pushed me over the fence.

I believe once I have an IS macro lens, my setup can be considered complete for years to come.... OK, that was what I said a year ago too. :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Then your set up will never be complete; Canon has no IS macro lens. :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.