40D. sighhh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree with this bro, the shutter button maybe 'coz the mechanical thing inside is intermittent. I think its around 50sgd for the replacement and labour. They probably can do it for 2 days,better ask the xmm on frontdesk.:lovegrin::D

$50? oh that ain't that bad at all. i think best is for me to call canon.

thanks!

The problem with the 40D that pplneedthelord has is exactly what it is- a one to two second delay at times when the camera is in non-timer modes. I borrowed his camera for my concert shoot and it happened about 10 times in the two to three hours of shooting. It's abnormal, so do send it in to CSC for a check.

As for the funeral / wake, try not to use flash (bump to ISO3200 if necessary, it's unlikely that the family will be printing so big that noise will be a key issue), and also be sensitive. Don't do a 6-shot burst when it's very quiet, for example. You can try using your 40D's silent shutter with the Liveview.

As for the procession of the coffin to the casket van, always always stay ahead of it in a discreet way, but not directly in front so much so that you block the passage.

Hope your shoots go well.

Cheers,
Zexun

Its most probably due to wear n tear of the button. It happened to a couple of cameras that I used. $5-6 for replacement button but $120 for labour charge.

The problem with the 40D that pplneedthelord has is exactly what it is- a one to two second delay at times when the camera is in non-timer modes. I borrowed his camera for my concert shoot and it happened about 10 times in the two to three hours of shooting. It's abnormal, so do send it in to CSC for a check.

As for the funeral / wake, try not to use flash (bump to ISO3200 if necessary, it's unlikely that the family will be printing so big that noise will be a key issue), and also be sensitive. Don't do a 6-shot burst when it's very quiet, for example. You can try using your 40D's silent shutter with the Liveview.

As for the procession of the coffin to the casket van, always always stay ahead of it in a discreet way, but not directly in front so much so that you block the passage.

Hope your shoots go well.

Cheers,
Zexun

well, i'm unlike you man. i don't shoot 6 shots burst in any case. haha. but thanks anyway, zexun.

Its most probably due to wear n tear of the button. It happened to a couple of cameras that I used. $5-6 for replacement button but $120 for labour charge.

$120? OMGosh i'm gonna be broke soon. haha

hi

i don't suppose the 2 second delay thing is normal, unless your drive is at the 2 second timer of course.....

Yupp I only realized it recently. Hmmm it's a 2nd hand body btw

Errr... I don't really think that's the main issue now. I'm just wanting to know whether people experience the same problem before

hmmm...i guess i've mis-read it... my bad

Gosh... 2 seconds is long leh. If it's not a timer thing, I'd have gone to CSC nong-nong time ago loohh...

Slight delay most likely caused by worn shutter release (unless you've got the cam on timer). I've had it before. either there's a delay (not really 2 seconds) or you have to press down really hard.

The shutter release is about 20+. labour charge is 120.

yes, i got quoted around $150 before for changing the shutter release.

Another way is to re-update the firmware or a hard-reset if there is...

As for the funeral / wake, try not to use flash (bump to ISO3200 if necessary, it's unlikely that the family will be printing so big that noise will be a key issue

heh, i doubt the family will even be printing; they're probably just going to keep the CD for keepsake.

the 2 secod delay also happens to me. i thot the camera hang. so shut off and restart. no problem then...

Gosh... 2 seconds is long leh. If it's not a timer thing, I'd have gone to CSC nong-nong time ago loohh...

well, my camera has only been with me for 1 and a half months, i'm still exploring it what... :)

yes, i got quoted around $150 before for changing the shutter release.

OH MY TIAN.... okok does canon accept Nets? haha

heh, i doubt the family will even be printing; they're probably just going to keep the CD for keepsake.

yea thats kinda true.

the 2 secod delay also happens to me. i thot the camera hang. so shut off and restart. no problem then...

yupp, thats what i do once in a while. but i ain't gonna let the problem continue man. i need to camera to shoot for various events.

yup that 2 secs can cause u to miss good shots, or result in lots of blur shots too. i know you would hate to part with the $150 odd, but i guess sadly u dun have much of a choice ...

yup that 2 secs can cause u to miss good shots, or result in lots of blur shots too. i know you would hate to part with the $150 odd, but i guess sadly u dun have much of a choice ...

yea lor. $150 alot of money la. can buy 25 double cheese burger meals la!

Who in the family asked you to take photo of the funeral. I'm just worried for you that one grieving nut will take offense on you taking their pic at such situation.

Get a telephoto, and take photo from a hidden corner dude. That's my 2 cents.

Who in the family asked you to take photo of the funeral. I'm just worried for you that one grieving nut will take offense on you taking their pic at such situation.

Get a telephoto, and take photo from a hidden corner dude. That's my 2 cents.

i was torn between using a borrowed 85 1.8 or 70-200 2.8L IS. i chose the 85 1.8 because i think it'll be pretty obvious if i hold up a white lens and shoot.

i was torn between using a borrowed 85 1.8 or 70-200 2.8L IS. i chose the 85 1.8 because i think it'll be pretty obvious if i hold up a white lens and shoot.

Torn between? More like totally happy that you could borrow either from me haha.

@ shahrulesa, mandai crematorium is dark and difficult to shoot in with f/2.8 glass, so that's why he chose the 85mm.

Torn between? More like totally happy that you could borrow either from me haha.

@ shahrulesa, mandai crematorium is dark and difficult to shoot in with f/2.8 glass, so that's why he chose the 85mm.

hahaha fine fine. i was happy i borrowed the 85. i would be even happier if i had the 70-200 but that won't be practical.

Status
Not open for further replies.