4/3 Ext Tube with 4/3 to OM adapter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason Ong

Feb 27, 2006
Hi, would like to find out if i can use a 3rd party 4/3 extension tube on an olympus body and then fix a 4/3 to OM adapter on the tube follow by an om lens?

4/3 body -> 4/3 tube -> om adapter -> om lens

So far i have only read about using the setup below but i can't seem to find any om tube nowadays. However, i believe the above should work as well right, since it's only a matter of mounts. Correct me if i'm wrong.

4/3 body -> om adapter -> om tube -> om lens

Many thanks in advance!

I think it shld work. i hv 4/3 adaptor, OM tubes, u can borrow to try if u want? dun hv 4/3 tube.

I hv the fix extensions and the 65-116mm variable type. can reach 2x with 90f2 macro.

Haha this was the one i was actually trying to get.
So you are saying you actually used it with an om adapter before and it works?
Thanks!

Thanks for the offer boochap. Really nice of you. Will inform you if i ever need to take a look at it. The variable type is really cool but hard to find.
Anyway i also agree that the 4/3 tube config should work ;)

I think it shld work. i hv 4/3 adaptor, OM tubes, u can borrow to try if u want? dun hv 4/3 tube.

I hv the fix extensions and the 65-116mm variable type. can reach 2x with 90f2 macro.

hi Jason, I use it in the config below. Camera/tubes/tc1.4/leica-r to 4/3 adaptor/leica-r 60mm

You will need to use stop down metering. This is expected anyway if u use a manual lens.

One thing to note. The whole array of lens and tubes can be very front heavy. I used a super long camera plate and insert a wedge below the tubes to take the pressure off the mount.

Hi bernards, that's really interesting. Never thought of using a tc1.4 in the config.
Learnt something new today. You really answered my question with this config.
If you have a web album do give us the link, would really like to see the result of such a setup :)
Thanks alot bro!

hi Jason, I use it in the config below. Camera/tubes/tc1.4/leica-r to 4/3 adaptor/leica-r 60mm

You will need to use stop down metering. This is expected anyway if u use a manual lens.

One thing to note. The whole array of lens and tubes can be very front heavy. I used a super long camera plate and insert a wedge below the tubes to take the pressure off the mount.

Haha just saw your msg, anyway i've to go to church so can't make it.
Interesting experiment there, i wonder who will win.
Meanwhile i'm still waiting for Olympus to come out with some impressive sensor that can get me to upgrade from my old E500 ;)

I going to botanical gdn to test it out tmrw. i going to compare e510 sensor vs OM4T provia.. ;)

sms if u wanna drop by.. 92321816.

Hi bernards, that's really interesting. Never thought of using a tc1.4 in the config.
Learnt something new today. You really answered my question with this config.
If you have a web album do give us the link, would really like to see the result of such a setup :)
Thanks alot bro!

I do have some shots with this setup from a few days ago. I have a small problem. I can't seem to open the E520 ORF files with photoshop. I'll send you a link once I manage to figure it out.

BTW. I believe the 1.4 TC causes micro details to go missing. Unfortunately, shooting macros can always use more magnification. Do try it out and let me know your findings.

I have a small problem. I can't seem to open the E520 ORF files with photoshop. I'll send you a link once I manage to figure it out.

You won't be able to do RAW until Photoshop is upgraded again to support newer cameras. This is normal every time a new camera comes out. Your choices are to either shoot JPEG, or use Olympus Master (or other updated program) until Photoshop's RAW is upgraded (usually every few months).

Unlike JPEG, every camera's RAW file is different, so you'll have to wait for the upgrade that supports your new camera.

You won't be able to do RAW until Photoshop is upgraded again to support newer cameras. This is normal every time a new camera comes out. Your choices are to either shoot JPEG, or use Olympus Master (or other updated program) until Photoshop's RAW is upgraded (usually every few months).

Unlike JPEG, every camera's RAW file is different, so you'll have to wait for the upgrade that supports your new camera.

Ah. Thanks mike. I didn't realize the RAW files had different versions for various models. I tried Olympus master and managed to develop a strong dislike for it. I'll try using it again till the Photoshop version is updated.

Status
Not open for further replies.