3rd promotion bikini shoot

Status
Not open for further replies.
interesting.
you could probably run some deinterlacing filters and have it interpolate the remaining fields to make up the resolution.
or, if whatever camera youre using can support it, shoot progressive, which gives full frame instead of interlacing fields.

hth

Hi!

I always turn on deinterlacing for video capturing.

deinterlaceal1.jpg

Maybe the deinterlacer is not very good...

Sad to say, only the very expensive video cameras support progressive shooting. Even anakin0608's HDV 1080i camcorder does not support progressive.

I have used this Panasonic AG-DVX102BEN professional video camera ONCE at the recent Motor Show 2006. But I didn't enable progressive shooting. It was the very first time I had used a pro video cam and I was not familiar with the camera settings at all. Many of the menu settings seem alien to me. But I made use of the iris control and gain settings and auto white balance. Its a Standard Definition professional camcorder.

Even the S$5700 Sony HDR-FX7 and the S$6150 Canon XH A1 prosumer HDV camcorders do not support native progressive recording. Hobbes00's S$14000 Canon XL H1 HDV pro supports 24p 30p. But that is too costly.

The following information is taken from wikipedia.

Odd/top field:

Progressive_scan_odd.png

Even field:

Progressive_scan_even.png

Interlaced Scanning:

Halbbild1_%28Zeilensprungverfahren%29-field_%28Interlace%29.gif

The odd fields are scanned first. Then the even fields are scanned 1/60 or 1/50 sec later. When all the odd and even lines are scanned, a complete video frame is formed. Because the odd fields are scanned first and then the even fields are scanned later, a video frame tells a story that represents two instants in time. This is completely different from still cameras where all the pixels are illuminated at the same time. Because of this, a video frame will not achieve the same standard as a still photo taken by a still camera. A video should be watched as a video.

"The human visual system averages the rapidly displayed still pictures into a moving picture image, and so interlace artifacts aren't visible when viewed at the intended field rate, on an interlaced video display."

Screenshots (i.e. video frames) only serve as a PEEK into what is in the video. They are not meant to be used as still photos.

On deinterlacing...

"There are various methods to deinterlace video, each producing different artifacts. Artifacts will always be present in deinterlaced video, as the process must attempt to combine two fields for simultaneous presentation. Any object that is moving will appear in different positions on the two fields, and simply displaying them overlaid results in very objectionable mouse teeth, venetian blinds, or 'comb-effect' on the moving vertical edges."

This explains the interlace artifacts on the frames shown in posts #46 and #49. If the video was shot in progressive, a full frame will be achieved and there will be no interlace artifacts.

On deinterlacing...

"There are various methods to deinterlace video, each producing different artifacts. Artifacts will always be present in deinterlaced video, as the process must attempt to combine two fields for simultaneous presentation. Any object that is moving will appear in different positions on the two fields, and simply displaying them overlaid results in very objectionable mouse teeth, venetian blinds, or 'comb-effect' on the moving vertical edges."

This explains the interlace artifacts on the frames shown in posts #46 and #49. If the video was shot in progressive, a full frame will be achieved and there will be no interlace artifacts.

Thanks for the information. :thumbsup:

Now still edit the video. Should be able to post it by this week.
:)

sgvideoman, u got a HC3 with a merlin??

The following information is taken from wikipedia.

[huge snip]

was that aimed at me?

i was just trying to be helpful since you mentioned the frames having motion in them and the frames shown were a bit ugly because of the interlacing. thats all.

was that aimed at me?

i was just trying to be helpful since you mentioned the frames having motion in them and the frames shown were a bit ugly because of the interlacing. thats all.

Don't misunderstand. Your help is appreciated. :D

I thought I might provide some info on interlacing here.

Don't misunderstand. Your help is appreciated. :D

I thought I might provide some info on interlacing here.

cool.
yeah, some deinterlacing isnt too hot - well its sort of okay - its not so much the deinterlacing thats not good [but it showed up more than i thought it should here] but the interpolating has been very flakey with sometimes too obvious a loss of resolution [well, half obviously] - i havent come across a perfect soluton yet and ive been in and out of video/tv for a decade and a bit.

i have found some consumer progressive to be useful - while not true progressive, it has actually impressed me [using old panasonic equipment] - and does go some way to help, so its not to be sniffed at.

without progressive we end up doing rough deinterlaces and hope no-one notices.
on analogue tv's we could - and have - got away with this for decades.
issues do seem to be more prevalent in DV tho.

with hd, its obviously alot harder to hide :p

cool.
yeah, some deinterlacing isnt too hot - well its sort of okay - its not so much the deinterlacing thats not good [but it showed up more than i thought it should here] but the interpolating has been very flakey with sometimes too obvious a loss of resolution [well, half obviously] - i havent come across a perfect soluton yet and ive been in and out of video/tv for a decade and a bit.

i have found some consumer progressive to be useful - while not true progressive, it has actually impressed me [using old panasonic equipment] - and does go some way to help, so its not to be sniffed at.

without progressive we end up doing rough deinterlaces and hope no-one notices.
on analogue tv's we could - and have - got away with this for decades.
issues do seem to be more prevalent in DV tho.

with hd, its obviously alot harder to hide :p

hmmm maybe can get the JVC HDV 720p progressive camcorder rather than 1080i interlace....JVC doesn't have 1080i models....

Nice shoot from Panasonic digital video camera.
Thanks for sharing.:thumbsup:

File size: 230431 bytes
File date: 2006:12:20 20:40:00
Camera make: Panasonic
Camera model: NV-GS75
Date/Time: 2006:12:17 11:25:57
Resolution: 640 x 485
Flash used: No
Exposure time: 0.0040 s (1/250)
Aperture: f/2.8
Whitebalance: Auto

Status