3rd party sucks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks TME, I normally print in S8R, so photo quality problems are a lot more obvious. I will check p\out Konata. Thanks for the tip!

Try printing yourself... more consistent once u got it right... use everything from either Epson or Canon (i.e. printer & paper). Paper costs: A4 glossy premium is about $1.00 or slightly more per sheet. Definitely cheaper than the lab... I use a Epson R1800 - turns out about 40 - 50 sheets of borderless A4 photos per set of ink. Works out to about $2-3 per page for ink. So each print is about $3-4... I think the labs charge double that or even more for an glossy S8R...

Try printing yourself... more consistent once u got it right... use everything from either Epson or Canon (i.e. printer & paper). Paper costs: A4 glossy premium is about $1.00 or slightly more per sheet. Definitely cheaper than the lab... I use a Epson R1800 - turns out about 40 - 50 sheets of borderless A4 photos per set of ink. Works out to about $2-3 per page for ink. So each print is about $3-4... I think the labs charge double that or even more for an glossy S8R...

actually Canon Photo Paper Plus Semi-Gloss A4 20 sheets only $8.90. V good paper =D

Shouldn't u by studying for blocks?!

at least you can take a break until wed afternoon. :lovegrin:

then all hell breaks loose.:sweatsm:

How about MIS Continuous ink supply? It's expensive, does it mean it's good?

I'm considering bringing in for my A3 printers.

Anyone here used MIS ink before?

If you are around Selegie area where they are a lot of commerial large format printer, especially Peace Centre, check-out those $10K HP Large format printers in their shops.

They are all on third party refill inks, you can see bottles of refill inks around these machines. And don't forget, these machines cost $10K or more compare to our few hundred or a thousand plus printer.

If you are around Selegie area where they are a lot of commerial large format printer, especially Peace Centre, check-out those $10K HP Large format printers in their shops.

They are all on third party refill inks, you can see bottles of refill inks around these machines. And don't forget, these machines cost $10K or more compare to our few hundred or a thousand plus printer.

Hi Tim,

I don't think that's a fair comparison and could be misleading in some aspects. Becuz the large-format printers are designed for a totally different purpose - short-term store front displays. Most of the large-format printers in Peace Centre, Selegie etc are using solvent inks for low-pricing, and the prints are sometimes laminated to guard against the elements.

The prints are usually used in store-front or outdoor advertising, and the prints are changed every two to three months so it is alright to use the cheap solvent inks. In fact, I know of a shop who bought a 12-ink large-format printer and is using original inks for their printing, because one of their major client who is a bank has some colours which are difficult to reproduce, and they can only achieve it using the original inks using a 12-ink printer.

Hello Neo

I understand your concerns BUT I am not comparing the quality or accurate colour reproduction (which we know that you need ink/papers profiling to achieve it). And of course if you want good, long lasting print-out and are afraid to experiment then please use original inkset.

I posted here to say if you use good quality third party inks, you WILL not spoil your hundreds or one thousand dollar printer when those $10 over thousand printers are also using it. For example, I've been using hi-quality bulk ink in my epson 2100(sold) for the past 4 yrs, a R1800 for a year and a recent purchase used epson 4000 with equalevant epson K3 pigment ink. They have been running fine till today, never have to change printhead.

You be surprise that some 3rd party ink manufacturers have been making ink longer than some original inkjet printer maker.

Cheers

p.s. some reference (But I am not using any of this, mine from U.S.A.):

http://www.lyson.com
http://www.ocp.de

I duno about you guys, but I have 1 printers. 1 cheapo Epson C65 to do draft prints and to print my expendable study notes. The other is a decent RX510 only with original inks strictly for photo printing. I don't think it makes sense to print notes with original inks (or even inkjet, since lasers are a helluva lot cheaper). Then again, I'm a sucker for color, so I'd use 3rd party for those.

Oh, which reminds me...Sepom papers may not be such a good bet. One major issue I have with their papers is the scratch resistance: For some reason, the glossy coat peels quite easily and then I wind up with patches of...really ugly stuff. Not bad for draft prints, but try not to use them for more serious work.

Need to get rid of my original Canon 8 series ink for iP4200,4300, etc. Since some of you guys believe only in originals I though some of you might be interested.

Do feel free to send me a private message or call me at 6882 3553. I got my CIS running and will stick to it for now. So I will not get back to the originals for now.

Have got complete set of inks with extra yellow and megenta if anyone is interested.

Not just the ink... sometimes an incorrect paper setting may cause print mismatch (ie. setting plain paper when u're using premium).

That said, I swear by original inks... and papers from Epson, my favorite being Premium Semigloss. Not to mention they look like freshly printed even after 2 years hanging on the wall (without frames).

Not just the ink... sometimes an incorrect paper setting may cause print mismatch (ie. setting plain paper when u're using premium).

That said, I swear by original inks... and papers from Epson, my favorite being Premium Semigloss. Not to mention they look like freshly printed even after 2 years hanging on the wall (without frames).

U mean just the photo itself attached the wall, no glass, lamination etc? I suppose no direct sunlight?

Status
Not open for further replies.