35mm & 50mm trade off

AkemiOgre

Oct 30, 2010
What can be the trade off for using a 35 as compared to the 50 and vice versa ? Apart from the focal length . Maybe sharper with a 35 ? (on a cropped body)

I'm using a 35mm on a crop body as I find the 50mm too tight. Generally, it would be easier to obtain a blur background with the 50mm.

IQ would be lens dependent.

Just my 2 cents.

AkemiOgre said:
What can be the trade off for using a 35 as compared to the 50 and vice versa ? Apart from the focal length . Maybe sharper with a 35 ? (on a cropped body)

Not much difference only focal length. IQ, sharpness etc would have to depend on which lens you talking about.

For me i use 50mm on crop for my streets as i find it suits me but 30mm on crop for events. 50mm too tight.

crystal1993 said:
Not much difference only focal length. IQ, sharpness etc would have to depend on which lens you talking about.

For me i use 50mm on crop for my streets as i find it suits me but 30mm on crop for events. 50mm too tight.

50mm on street not too tight ? How far are u from ur subject ?

NoS77 said:
I'm using a 35mm on a crop body as I find the 50mm too tight. Generally, it would be easier to obtain a blur background with the 50mm.

Just my 2 cents.

What does it mean by iq , sorry noob here

photoart said:
IQ= image quality

So is the 35mm 1.8g sharper den 50mm 1.8g nikon ?

Just my 2 cents.

Same with me, I prefer my Sigma 30mm over Canon's 50 for indoor. On a cropped body too..

AkemiOgre said:
50mm on street not too tight ? How far are u from ur subject ?

Nope. Depending but it fits my shooting style so no complains.

AkemiOgre said:
So is the 35mm 1.8g sharper den 50mm 1.8g nikon ?

The sharpness of the two lenses should not differ by too much. U should focus more on the focal length and wat u need the lens for rather IQ. A lot of people buy the 50mm lens on impulse becos it's inexpensive but realize tat it is difficult to use it on cropped bodies. After all, it's still waste of money and time.

There's no trade off. :bsmilie: you should get both to try it out yourself.