30k savings, 35 y-o

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jeanie why would you want an american car of all things? They have poor maintainence and suck fuel along the lines of a gallon per mile or that's at least how it seems.. The only American car I've ever liked is the Mustang

i love american cars, yes i know they suck in their own ways, but hell it's american muscle!
just listen to the v8 roar and it's enuff to buy me over.

i drove a mustang in US.absolutely love it to death.
the street presence, the roar, omg...must make a trip back.

my colleague from states has a dodge charger.
omg.just starting the engine already make me high...

it's just me.i have a abosolute fetish for engine/xzos roar.:lovegrin::)

i love american cars, yes i know they suck in their own ways, but hell it's american muscle!
just listen to the v8 roar and it's enuff to buy me over.

i drove a mustang in US.absolutely love it to death.
the street presence, the roar, omg...must make a trip back.

my colleague from states has a dodge charger.
omg.just starting the engine already make me high...

it's just me.i have a abosolute fetish for engine/xzos roar.:lovegrin::)

Well if you like the V8 roar you won't hear it in the current yank rubbish. It's more like a whine these days thanks to the CA anti pollution legislation. Why don't you build yourself a custom based V8 muscle car on say the HSV Commodore platform? Under 130K SGD and you'll get a car that not only has some seroius V8 grunt but one that also brakes and corners and doesn't have the plastic dash / interior from hell. As JC from top gear remarked, the most fun for under 40K (sterling)...

noob here I am still studying
going to grad and join the workforce in august

how much should I earn or have in my savings when I want to get married and start a family

that is about 5-7 years time

how much should I earn or have in my savings when I want to get married and start a family

800k :bsmilie::bsmilie::bsmilie:

5-7years, i say you'll need to have enough to pay for your own wedding + get a Hopelessly Designed Buildings.

it's not easy, but achievable.
most parents will help you with your wedding, but i have friends who 100% used their own savings.
these are the kind of people i respect.
but of course, to each his/her own.

you'll really need to sit down and do your maths properly.
cos fresh into workforce, your takehome(note TAKE HOME, not GROSS) is miserable.

good luck.

Depends on lots of factor
- Take home pay of couple
- Total Expenditure
- Wedding cost (banquet , bridal studio etc)
- Housing (if you are staying with your family or a new place - includes renovation)

I have seen many graduates , after a few years , pay for their flat (and some of them resale) , and wedding with their own savings without any help. It is achievable , and not as hard as it seem. You will need some financial planning and maintain your expectation vs expenditure.

Last edited:
also, if you want to get a car, you'll need to factor in the cost and maintenance of it.

my friend just applied for dawson at queenstown, selling price for 5 room is about 530-630k.
which IMHO, is insane for a HDB.
again, to each his own.

you'll really NEED to sit down with your other half and do EARLY FINANCIAL PLANNING.

A girl with a heart of gold who truly loves you will marry you even if you have nothing much. :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

u see, the thing is, that very rarely happens these days.. most singapore (sorry...) girls don't truly love you as a person, they truly love your gold :bsmilie:

if given a choice, one where the guy and the girl are not very rich but has enough and has to support themselves financially but do it together, and another where the girl finds a guy who is already rich and so can afford everything, i wonder how many girls will choose the first option? :think: :bsmilie:

u see, the thing is, that very rarely happens these days.. most singapore (sorry...) girls don't truly love you as a person, they truly love your gold :bsmilie:

if given a choice, one where the guy and the girl are not very rich but has enough and has to support themselves financially but do it together, and another where the girl finds a guy who is already rich and so can afford everything, i wonder how many girls will choose the first option? :think: :bsmilie:

Could be that ppl don't know what is love? Or their definition of it is different.

if given a choice, one where the guy and the girl are not very rich but has enough and has to support themselves financially but do it together, and another where the girl finds a guy who is already rich and so can afford everything, i wonder how many girls will choose the first option?

i know this forum is frequent by guys but don't over generalised. there are girls who are not like what you say. not all are so superficial and i don't mean that because i have a sgp wife.

did you think guys are always victimised? i am in the midst of breaking up with a friend and cut off all business linkage with him because he has shown himself to be a not faithful man. so u think gals are always wrong? i know his wife and the wife is really a beautiful lady who choose to stick by him though he ain't rich. but with a bit of money,his faithfulness is tested...

ok la, can find one. :)

I believe u found one :bsmilie::bsmilie:

Could be that ppl don't know what is love? Or their definition of it is different.

it has not change and i speak with conviction that ppl know what that is. those who don't are living in fairy tales. i speak with my own testimony to back me out. my own wife stood by me when i was almost bankrupt a few years back when the crisis hit. now i rebuild all my loses and she is definitely gonna be blessed for that.

i tell my friends any girl that says they want a rich husband or say husband must drive etc etc...pls don't hook up to them...of course at the same time i also think it is not wrong for the girl if her consideration of a guy in turn of financial well being is not overboard. it is not easy to always live in desperate time. imagine after wedding or sthg then the guy goes cashless..

so conversely, how much should a girl have saved by the time she's 30? 35?

Status
Not open for further replies.