300D shutter count

what's your approximate shutter count?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

glyuen

Feb 8, 2004
Jurong West
hi guys, i've just bought a new 300D and within a few i've taken close to 2000 shots...is this normal usage?

if possible, pls post the highest shutter count reached on your 300D before a replacement...

wonder if there are any 300D still going strong after 100 000 shots...

glyuen said:
hi guys, i've just bought a new 300D and within a few i've taken close to 2000 shots...is this normal usage?

if possible, pls post the highest shutter count reached on your 300D before a replacement...

?????????????????????? :dunno: wat toking u?...

how to check?

calisc said:
Got my 2nd hand 300D in April, recorded shoots were at 1600 or so. In November, I already hit over 10K. Still shooting without problems yet.

so you are judging from the file sequence number?... there are some debate whether if the file sequence no. is reliable... so it might not be correct...

sorry its a few days... typo... the poll is the highest shutter count u think u have used.... agar agar can liao

RossChang said:
so you are judging from the file sequence number?... there are some debate whether if the file sequence no. is reliable... so it might not be correct...

definitely cannot rely on file sequence number. if you set file naming to auto reset it will always go back to 0 when you format the cf card. to find out the shutter count you need to send it back to canon. unless of course you have a 1-series dslr. someone wrote some program to retrieve shutter count. no idea if that is accurate or not.

Got my 300D back today from Canon.......ERR99 came up......they changed teh entire shutter unit....lucky its still under warrenty cos its gonna cost $250??

The staff was telling me that the shutter usually dies after 40000 shuts and my was she correct.......mine died at abt 39000++??

which means that my 300D can only last for another year............. :what:

i used 2 CF cards and formatted one before but the numbering is still sequential...how come?

more 300D users pls vote...if it really can last up to 40 000 then i'd better stop shooting stuff...

dont be a slave to the camera. stop worrying about shutter count and keep shooting :)

rayz said:
Hi calisc... did you use the CF card in another digi camera...

see this thread...

http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=105326

Yeah I know that looking at the file sequence is not exactly an accurate gauge but it's the best way beside sending in the cam in to Canon to check.

So far I have never experienced getting a jump in the sequence after using different or formatted CF cards. I was responsible for shooting all the way up to 10K lah haha until the file sequence reset and start from 0001 again.

Totally agree just go out there and shoot shoot shoot!

Shutter death is a natural thing to happen anyway.. so just change it when that happens. ;)

Sent to canon if you really need the shutter count... else don't even bother cos the file sequencing is not gonna tell you anything useful.

nope :embrass: but it still works...wonder why...

glyuen said:

gd question glyuen... i'm also quite keen to know what's the max no. of shots anyone has taken before having to change the shutter and what the average is also.

for those not too sure just give a reliable estimate la... =p
if can't give a reliable estimate then just ignore the poll.

Status
Not open for further replies.