300D shutter count

what's your approximate shutter count?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi i am new user for 300D. Just wonder what is shutter count? what will happen if the shutter count over 40000 shot?

pandasonic said:
Hi i am new user for 300D. Just wonder what is shutter count? what will happen if the shutter count over 40000 shot?
Usually the shutter has a life... If the shutter goes beyond its estimated life, then there is a high chance of the shutter dying...

nickmak said:
Usually the shutter has a life... If the shutter goes beyond its estimated life, then there is a high chance of the shutter dying...

Ok thanks for your information. If the shutter dying do canon shop will repair this matter? Just want to check is all the dslr camera will have this problem? and how about nikon D70?

pandasonic said:
Ok thanks for your information. If the shutter dying do canon shop will repair this matter? Just want to check is all the dslr camera will have this problem? and how about nikon D70?

Correct me if I am wrong but I think all SLR's (digital or otherwise and regardless of brands) will suffer from shutter death eventually but no need to panic... if that happens just go to the service centres for a replacement.

so how much is the replacement??

Hmm.... I'm still below 10K in terms of shutter count.

Only like 5200+ going by the file number sequence.

Going by this rate of approximately 6000 shots a year. It'll take me 6.5 to 7yrs for my shutter to die 'officially'. And I hope I'll be good enuff to warrant a 1-series purchase when that time comes!

u know u paid so much for your camera...what's the point of holding back when the cost of depreciation is higher than the cost of replacing the shutter?

so like what ross said earlier...don't worry so much and just shoot... :)

i am impressed that someone photoshot more than 150 000 photos :sweat:

Status
Not open for further replies.