300D or D70??

Status
Not open for further replies.
fattybombombom said:
Yippy... I got the RIGHT camera for HUBBY...
Now to to get him attend courses....
So that he will be able to take GOOD pictures of....
ME... ME..... ME..... and still ME.... :cheergal:

ahh.... fatty... u dun need ur hubby. u got, at the last count, 5(??) photogs lining up to shoot u. pls from yesterday's shoot, dat would make... 7? :D :devil:

jokes aside, dennis - belle&sebastain just pointed out to you the other stuff u need to buy. so, think carefully, and bear in mind the escalating costs? of course, a great pic is priceless! :bsmilie:

fattybombombom said:
I just bought a D70 for my hubby....
I support the BUY!!
Totally feel that it is a beautiful camera...
The FEEL is GREAT!!
I was also considering between 300D and D70...
choosen D70 coz the body is black in colour...
More PRO looking.....
REviews of the camera are GREAT too....
Check out nikon website.... :cheergal:

whoooo that's so nice of u ... u shd post this months earlier, and i could show my wife. who knows i'd get one too! hmmm ... too late now ...

renegade said:
whoooo that's so nice of u ... u shd post this months earlier, and i could show my wife. who knows i'd get one too! hmmm ... too late now ...

Next time hint your wife you silly bum.... :D

nightwolf75 said:
ahh.... fatty... u dun need ur hubby. u got, at the last count, 5(??) photogs lining up to shoot u. pls from yesterday's shoot, dat would make... 7? :D :devil:

jokes aside, dennis - belle&sebastain just pointed out to you the other stuff u need to buy. so, think carefully, and bear in mind the escalating costs? of course, a great pic is priceless! :bsmilie:

still want hubby to shoot....
kekekekeke......
:embrass: pai say to let other plp shoot...
Not model quality....
kekekekekeke....
anyway how was the pix ytd?
nobody posted up yet.... :)

fattybombombom said:
still want hubby to shoot....
kekekekeke......
:embrass: pai say to let other plp shoot...
Not model quality....
kekekekekeke....
anyway how was the pix ytd?
nobody posted up yet.... :)

haven't even got time to look thru yet... :cry:

and who say u not model quality?? we are waiting for u to appear in a cheongsam, yah??!!! :cheergal: phaw.... if we organise this shoot, it will be a sellout! :devil:

nightwolf75 said:
haven't even got time to look thru yet... :cry:

and who say u not model quality?? we are waiting for u to appear in a cheongsam, yah??!!! :cheergal: phaw.... if we organise this shoot, it will be a sellout! :devil:

rahahahaha.....
not liable for lense crack.... :dunno:

kegler said:
D70 write speed is alot faster than 300D....may it jpeg or RAW....

u right men.!! :D yesterday go with my friend whose using 300D and i using D70 for firework shot.. imagine he cant get the fast write and delay for the next moment shot :sweat:

Choosing the "perfect choice"..
Toyota or honda?
PC or Mac?
Wireless or Wired?
Auto or Manual?
Tiff or Jpeg?
Like this comparison will never end...

Just simply this, You look good with which camera?
Believe me, to "beat" the "enemy" use a canon.

Toyota
PC
Wireless
Auto
NEF

NIKON

That was a really easy one.

renegade said:
hehe no no me smart bum. hint liao she'll object. so i buy 1st then tell. :bsmilie:

Rahahahaha... like that no help liao loh...
since she reject...
I am usually the gaget person...
so i usually encourage my hubby to take up hobby that has something to do with gaget....
so that i can participate as well.... :)

hmm... as i think many would haf said, if you haf no real intentions on pursuing a photography hobby which is damn expensive hobby, i suggest u better dun venture into the DSLR, if not u might regret after seeing ur first shoot out turn out to be horrible photos.... its a very very expensive hobby... and chances is pple take D70 as a "high class" PnS camera...

cuz it has "unlimited" zooM...
cuz it look like a "Professional" Camera.

people tend to call u a "Professional" "photographer" when u take a DSLR/ SLR....

so back to the main point, if u are serious in photography, a D70 would be a whole lot damn better den 300D, in terms of writing speed and cam technology...

but if i were to recommend, it would definately D70... cuz its Nikon.. and i wld also agree that 3rd party lenses for Nikon is hard to find... its either Sigma or Tokina... i seldom see Tamrom and other lenses hanging ard...

Consider about D70, if u are thinking that photography is something u wanna pursue and a hobby to keep, a D70 is for you, and the next camera for Nikon would be D90, which was rumoured in some Nikon Thread... hahaah.....

so its either you wait for a better faster and cheaper camera or u go and get D70 now and start shooting... even if Photography is not yur cup of tea, u can always sell it off as there are still some "cheapos" in Cs waiting to grab a cheaper D70...

juz my 2 cents worth of knowledge.... i juz expressing my views and i dun wish to see another person wasting so much $ on something that he/she doesnt have interests in and wanted to follow the crowd... ;)

glennyong said:
so its either you wait for a better faster and cheaper camera or u go and get D70 now and start shooting... even if Photography is not yur cup of tea, u can always sell it off as there are still some "cheapos" in Cs waiting to grab a cheaper D70...

ah... glenn.... buying a used D70 doesn't make one a cheepo... i buy used stuff regularly. in fact, saved for my 300D, everything else i owned are pre-owned. so, dat makes me a cheepo?? :think: :D

jokes aside. dennis - glenn is right abt the newer tech in D70. on the other hand, 300D is the CNET Editor's Choice for 2003. D70 is for 2004. so, either cam u can't go really really wrong. again, as Alvin has mentioned earlier, dun get too caught up with all the 'new tech' or 'higher mega pix' talk. try and test out the cams first? and think carefully whether u wish to go down the rabbit hole, and see how deep it goes..... :bigeyes:

my office owns a 300D and I have a D70....so I had a feel of both cams and I must say.....I like the D70's look and feel more(rubberized exterior).....also...D70's response feels overall a little faster than 300D's and there are more direct controls on the D70 too...
Overall just feels more solid......

then again....its up to you to decide....probably just play around with both cams at the shop for a while before deciding....

;)

To be fair, let someone take some photos from a D70 and a 300D.
And we do the guessing game.
See who can tell the difference!

Why so difficult to choose?
Ok Let's get the D70 with lot more features... next year canon comes out a
cheaper better DSLR.... Tempted to switch over.... then came Pentax
lagi cheaper more features and lenses and accessories.... the Olympus
comes out the 4/3 system Dslr with mores features and gadgets... oh I forgot... Konica Minolta launch their first DSLR... greater feature "professional lenses"....etc....

My enlightement advise is do not seek what you already know. You know the answer. ;) the Metric.

Some posters earlier in this thread said that Nikon lenses are more expensive. This is not true - some individual lenses from each manufacturer may be more expensive or cheaper than its equivalent but on the whole there is hardly any difference between Canon and Nikon in lens price.

At this point in time I would not buy anything. Within 2-3 weeks you can expect Canon to announce at least one new DSLR if not two. Rumours I am hearing from other boards suggest that it's going to be the 10D and the 1Ds replacement. You may not be able to afford either camera, but if the 10D replacement is announced at a low enough price it will shake up the entire bottom end of the market. Canon may decide to adjust the price of the 300D, and Nikon will be forced to slash the price of the D70. And then you'll start to see all these used 10D's, 300D's, D100's, and D70's on the market as other people start to migrate ...

New DSLR's from Nikon and Canon always cause a market shake-up and would expect this to be no different. The D70 forced Canon to cut the price on the 300D. It also decimated the market for Nikon's own D100. The 300D eased demand on the 10D, meaning that dealers were able to cut more off the RRP.

My point is, if you can hold off your purchase till just before Christmas you might end up saving a lot of money!

Yes people, we have a very interesting month ahead of us :D

Oh, and here's more advice you won't hear very often: you should buy into the system that your friends shoot with. If they are all Canon shooters, get Canon. If they are Nikon shooters, get Nikon.

The reasons:

1. Newbie support. They will teach you how to use your camera.

2. You can borrow their lenses and accessories. One of my friends decided to buy a D70. He is all alone and is left buying stuff by himself. He only just got his first flash. The rest of us have a total of 8 flashguns combined, and all sorts of lenses - 24-70/2.8L, 17-40/4L, 16-35/2.8L, Sigma 12-24, Canon 15mm Fish, 45/3.5 TS-E, 50/1.4, 50/1.8, 85/1.2L, Canon 100/2.8 Macro, Sigma 105/2.8 Macro, Tamron 90/2.8 Macro, 70-200/2.8L IS, Sigma 70-200/2.8, 135/2L, Canon 180/3.5L Macro, 200/2.8L, 100-400/4.5-5.6L IS, 300/2.8L IS, extension tubes, converters, etc. We can exchange charged batteries when we go on photoshoots.

3. You can buy stuff off each other :)

Status
Not open for further replies.